Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 02-12-2010

Send a message via ICQ to truggy lover
Angry Not happy with schumacher at all !!!!!

had a speedo go down on me (nosram speedo) miffed on the day but as it had the red card for life time warranty i chalked it up to experience and sent it off to them for repair

2 weeks go by and nothing heard from them even though i included email and mobile number so i called , and was told it would be looked at soon 3 more days and they got round to looking at it.

Now the speedo just stopped working didnt get wet not melted any thing as none of that nasty smell which we all hate and know cant be gotten rid of.

When the guy spoke to me he said that they were unwilling to do any thing as the serial number was not readable on the back of the speedo and so couldn't be matched to the red card. But my argument is the speedo is the speedo on the box as its the original speedo and box so i dont see a problem the speedo has life time (25 year) warranty but no thats not good enough i was asked if i had the receipt which i dont who keeps them for longer than a few months any way i dont

so the long and short of it is i bought BRITISH from a trusted brand knowing i had the warranty back up and may as well of imported a cheaper one from the states or hong kong lesson learnt Mr Schumcher you have my money well done but you'll be getting no more as the warranty isnt worth the red card it is printed on

I will make it my mission in life to diswade people from buying schumacher any more as i have pushed racers to them before !!!
Old 02-12-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

you read the writing on the card then?
you have to supply proof of purchase
and without the seriel number they have no way of knowing if its a uk sold one or ur mates from hong kong!
Old 02-12-2010

Send a message via ICQ to truggy lover

didnt know that people of hong kong could read english i would have thought the red card would have been printed in there native speak

Any way its a get out and they will not be getting any of my hard earnt any more

Buy british get shafted

just had my iphone back light go out and ear speaker stop working no proof of purchase but they replaced it there and then !!!
Old 02-12-2010

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by truggy lover View Post
didnt know that people of hong kong could read english i would have thought the red card would have been printed in there native speak

Any way its a get out and they will not be getting any of my hard earnt any more

Buy british get shafted

just had my iphone back light go out and ear speaker stop working no proof of purchase but they replaced it there and then !!!
think again most countries have english as thier second language
Old 02-12-2010

You would have had the same responce if you have bought an LRP or Nosram. Yes before what we all loved is that we just sent the speedo back with the warrenty card not filled in with all the correct details and proof of purches but things have changed and hard to accept but it has been for a while now and its not come from the Schumacher or SMD its come from LRP/Nosram and they have to follow what they say on their returns policy.
If you get one again best practice is to fill it in and send the warrenty card of to them and keep a photo copy for your self. This issue should not happen again and if you loose your photo copy least they will have a copy for you

Rgds
Steve
Old 02-12-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via ICQ to lochness42 Send a message via MSN to lochness42 Send a message via Skype™ to lochness42

If you think that in foreign countries we get everything in our native language then you're fool. Even Xray/Hudy made here in Slovakia doesn't make instructions in Slovak and you might would expect it.
It's simply not viable to do so. They are exporting all around the world and keeping eye on which country should get which box is simply not doable.
Anyway new speedoes doesn't have lifetime warranty cards so you'll need to prove numbers on case more than ever and also to keep receipts. It's the way it is.
Old 02-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Hong Kong was a british colony or something til a few years ago. From experience they speak better english than us, especially the scottish .

Too late now, but personally I always sent stuff back through the LHS bought from. Even without proof of purchase, they would vouch for it - may be able to retrieve the original receipt, and no problems then... but also I keep receipts in the original packaging anyway, especially when just spent £100+ its just habbit.

Schumacher is ace, it'll take more than your bad experience to damage their popularity. As a business they can't give money away, and it may be that the manufacturer (not Schumacher) call the shots, and Schumacher are the middle-men dealing with you, they definately won't like giving bad news.
Old 03-12-2010
Mad Member

Look on the bright side truggy lover you could have been stung with a new expensive Cougar like some of my mates, that the gear box does not fit together and is now going to cost £60 to sort
thats a wide spread bad experience that is not going away
at my local club most people chat and race reliably and relax and enjoy the night , but not schumacher cat owners lol , theres belts all over the table and gears bearings new part header cards pouring onto the floor ....bent bits snapped bits straight edges being held against bits etc etc LOL then when it comes back out on track, shite something else failed now!
Most people give up with the car straight away like one of my mates who ran it twice then threw it literaly in the bin.
some battle on but you can see it in their eyes that they should have bought anything but

But it doesnt matter cause schumacher got their money
Old 03-12-2010

Quote:
Until 1997 their official language was english too. The metro system
Is in english, road signs are in english, they drive on the left and the correct address for a police officer is still 'sir' or 'madam'. Not everybody spoke it though, and I would dispute whether they spoke it better (although at least grammar was still an emphasised part of the education programme).

I do know what you mean though - in fact, I'm continually amused by the so-called British made goods having poorly translated chinglish instructions. Thing is, we just don't have a manufacturing base here any more. Do you see any factories? Even British-made goods are really only assembled here. Everything at some point will have some component that was sourced from the far east.

If you think this is bad, you should check out Hobby King's LiPo policy!
Old 03-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelrc View Post
Look on the bright side truggy lover you could have been stung with a new expensive Cougar like some of my mates, that the gear box does not fit together and is now going to cost £60 to sort
at my local club most people chat and race reliably and relax and enjoy the night , but not schumacher cat owners lol , theres belts all over the table and gears bearings new part header cards pouring onto the floor ....bent bits snapped bits straight edges being held against bits etc etc LOL then when it comes back out on track, shite something else failed now!
Most people give up with the car straight away like one of my mates who ran it twice then threw it literaly in the bin.
some battle on but you can see it in their eyes that they should have bought anything but
First things first, the cougar doesn't need a £60 gearbox!! The gearbox on my original proto cougar is still together and running since last march, pretty good if you ask me.

Secondly, when I won Southport with my Cat it hadn't had any work on it for about 2 months, and it had done a lot of testing and done pretty well at 3 other major events!! From what you say that shouldn't have happened.

I'm not saying the cars need no maintenance, but you certainly have exaggerated it! Things don't bend/break unless you by things, same with any car.

Back to the original topic, it's LRP/Nosram that are insisting on the procedure's, not Schumacher. If you were in Schumachers position would you give out a free speedo out of your own money if your supplier won't honour the warranty work? Your gripe should be with Nosram
Old 03-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I read somewhere that in about 3 years there will bw more english speaking people in china than britain. We on the other hand are just too ignorant to learn foreign languages. I got back from tenerife last week the young rep there spoke 5 languages fluently.
Old 03-12-2010

Quote:

18 months ownership never had a prob with my SX, still on the original belts, pulleys etc. I have broken wishbones, but that's been down to driver error and haven't broken anything on my SV yet.

Never had a prob with Schumacher customer service. For expensive items I have a file for reciepts which I KEEP.
Old 03-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockerill View Post
First things first, the cougar doesn't need a £60 gearbox!! The gearbox on my original proto cougar is still together and running since last march, pretty good if you ask me.

Secondly, when I won Southport with my Cat it hadn't had any work on it for about 2 months, and it had done a lot of testing and done pretty well at 3 other major events!! From what you say that shouldn't have happened.
And knowing Tom, that'd be a pretty robust test, he's an animal
Old 03-12-2010

Quote:
had a speedo go down on me (nosram speedo) miffed on the day but as it had the red card for life time warranty i chalked it up to experience and sent it off to them for repair

2 weeks go by and nothing heard from them even though i included email and mobile number so i called , and was told it would be looked at soon 3 more days and they got round to looking at it.

Now the speedo just stopped working didnt get wet not melted any thing as none of that nasty smell which we all hate and know cant be gotten rid of.

When the guy spoke to me he said that they were unwilling to do any thing as the serial number was not readable on the back of the speedo and so couldn't be matched to the red card. But my argument is the speedo is the speedo on the box as its the original speedo and box so i dont see a problem the speedo has life time (25 year) warranty but no thats not good enough i was asked if i had the receipt which i dont who keeps them for longer than a few months any way i dont

so the long and short of it is i bought BRITISH from a trusted brand knowing i had the warranty back up and may as well of imported a cheaper one from the states or hong kong lesson learnt Mr Schumcher you have my money well done but you'll be getting no more as the warranty isnt worth the red card it is printed on

I will make it my mission in life to diswade people from buying schumacher any more as i have pushed racers to them before !!!
Unfortunately these are Nosram/LRP rules and proceedure, the guys in the repairs dept have strict guidlines to work to.

I would agree the timescale of looking at the repair was not great, we will look into the reasoning behind this and try and improve it, please accept our apologies for that.
Old 03-12-2010

Quote:

Do you honestly think we would have been in the R/C business for 30 odd years if we had an attitude like that?
Old 03-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Big G Send a message via Skype™ to Big G

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodgit View Post
I read somewhere that in about 3 years there will bw more english speaking people in china than britain. We on the other hand are just too ignorant to learn foreign languages. I got back from tenerife last week the young rep there spoke 5 languages fluently.
Completely off topic I know, but English is only the 3rd most spoken language in the world and Mandarin speakers almost triple the English ones.
Old 03-12-2010

Quote:

Wow, thanks for that, a real insight - I think I'll get rid of my Cat & get something more reliable. A Predator perhaps
Old 03-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesty View Post
Wow, thanks for that, a real insight - I think I'll get rid of my Cat & get something more reliable. A Predator perhaps
Love it

You must have some real vandals racing at your local, my SX is only on its second main belt, front and rear belts are still original as are all the gears apart from the spur. Yes, I have done wishbones and pivots but only when something has got in my way!!

WRT my Cougar, only had 1 of the small idler bearings give way!!
Old 03-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Big G Send a message via Skype™ to Big G

back on topic I've dealt with Schumacher and returns/warranties. I had a popped SP GT2.0 LPF which I'd had for 6 weeks and they sorted it and replaced the unit in about a week.

I had proof of purchase and the completed warranty card.
Old 03-12-2010

Cockril's right, I have the original geabox and gears since a year with no problems, even the so called defective diff. If you hit a wall and break, and later complain about parts breaking, those are issues you have to tske up with a proffesional.

As fas as service at Schumacher is concerned, never had a problem with schumacher made parts. always delt with fairly