Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > JQ Products

Old 25-03-2013
Mad Member

Right! sorry for the freakishly slow updates, been building 3 cars for friends!

Onwards we go...

Airfilter and pipe installed!

WP_000270.jpg

WP_000272.jpg

WP_000273.jpg

Before you saying! i know fuel tubing was messed up and is now sorted out! was trying to find the best position for the fuel cooler and filter,
Old 25-03-2013
Mad Member

Shell painting time!

This is a VERY rushed bodyshell, it's only a spare anyway! i've send my shells off to my painter,

Its the worst shell color/paint ever known to man kind, this is exactly why i failed art 3 times! i can't even bloodly draw a stick man.

WP_000275.jpg

Yeah........... looks like something inside a rhino's arse! although i think the bodyshell's design itself looks very very cool,Good job JQ!

WP_000279.jpg

Wing boiling time!!!!

I always boil my wings so they are more flexible=resulting in less broken wings and more saved pennys
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_000278.jpg (492.0 KB, 6 views)
Old 25-03-2013
Mad Member

I always put my shocks on last! no idea why but always do...

You will find the shocks being build in page 2.

Anyway!!!

look at these beauty's!! silky....

WP_000360.jpg

Front:

WP_000361.jpg

Rear:

WP_000362.jpg

Very very smooth shocks, i'm running 400st oil with JQB 272 pistons but am also trying out CSI pistons.
Old 03-04-2013
Mad Member

Some finished pictures!

WP_000285.jpg

WP_000287.jpg

WP_000289.jpg

Thanks!
Old 03-04-2013
Mad Member

So i've raced 2 races with her, first time at Slough (rwmcc) and 2nd time at Herts (hnmc)

Please note i try not my make my reviews biased! so here it goes...

Positives:

First race wasn't all too well, my engine had a failure (well it didn't start at all) so had to swap it out and missed 1 round of qualifying. 2nd round of qualifying was my first time out with THE CAR, i was very impressed with the amount of steering it had and its build like a tank! i crashed a LOT, but THE car's attitude was " Crash me all you like, i aint going nowhere! "

Its got a LOT of corner speed, its brilliant! very fun to drive,

Its a smooth car to drive, once i figured out the correct setup for Slough it felt balanced and very smooth!

Bodyshell works superb! keeps all the crap out but around the ackermann its a little too small,

Very light car, can be good for some tracks bad for others?

Negatives:

I really don't like the shock boots, they are very very weak, my Team Associated rc8.2e had the same problem but they lasted a little longer,

The orange washers which fit under the chassis are too much of a tight fit, meaning the first time you install them they instantly get scratched around the corners and the orange peels off a little.

The instructions aren't clear on which way to put the brake cam and levers,

My throttle linkage was too short (maybe a one off?) other people haven't had this problem.

and had a couple of weak screws, again maybe a one off?

My 2nd race at Hert's wasn't brilliant! as i arrived i noticed i had the setup the car up totally wrong for the track and it wasn't good, If i had the correct setup it would have been amazing!

In my opinion,

This is a fantastic car and has the potential to win a lot of races and maybe the world championship in the future! but at the moment it needs work, like a lot of cars... No car is perfect. Kyosho's don't like to be handled aggressively,Associated screws are made of cheese, Losi's wear off to quickly etc etc

and considering this is a fairly new company,they have done a brilliant job! its truly a engineering masterpiece, with that Thin chassis and sexy looks!

I need to revise my setup and hit the tracks again and get a lot of practice, because this car is TOTALLY different in handling from my previous cars.
Old 03-04-2013
Mad Member

I'm very impressed with the bodyshell, it really works very well at keeping dirt out. Must admit not a fan of the design as i prefer cab forwards, but nevertheless it works !

WP_000295.jpg

Thanks.
Old 03-04-2013
Mad Member

I'd like to thank a couple of people before finishing the build thread!

David Griffiths at GB modelsport for his super support and help!
Bradley Baird for all the setup help with THE CAR
Ilias Arkoudaris for listening to my moaning!
Warren van der Merwe again for helping me find a good setup for THE CAR
JQ for building one HELL of a car,i'm sure i'll be enjoying it for many years to come!
and to Mandy Scott for accepting my friend request on Facebook (i'm joking!!) seriously though,thanks for welcoming me in the team!

I'm trying out a lot of new things with the car, so stay posted for more updates!

Please do not hesitate to ask me for any help if required, if you see me at the track,come over! have a go with my car at a practice session, see if you like it!

I'll be getting the E car later this month,so its build thread should follow,

Hope you've enjoyed this! and more updates to come soon!

Thanks for reading and being patient with my slow updates!
Old 04-04-2013

Hi nas where did you end up set up wise at herts ? we ran there last year at the nationals and the proline car was everything from the yellow kit apart from the chassis

we (as in me and dave b ) have been using some of the option pistons the 285's work well when the track is rough or could be worth trying the 272's they are really good over the jump section in the middle of the track its all about what is better for you with the new chassis and steering rack on the way its just something else we will have to try keen to try the rack not sure about the chassis if you read what jq says about who it will suit best may not be for me lol

we had a good run at the bunny boiler last weekend my jq has never felt so good rount the track hope it continues for herts in a few weeks time at the nationals
JQ THE E CAR (on order)
futaba 3vcs