Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 16-07-2013

Default EFRA Euros - Live Streaming!

Wednesday is 2WD Finals day in Spain - we will be broadcasting all day from 9am UK time at www.rcracing.tv
Old 16-07-2013
Spends too long on oOple ...

Let Jimmy have some of your internet so he can do his oople euro report!?
Old 16-07-2013

Where can I find qualifying results so far?
Old 16-07-2013

On myrcm.ch
Old 16-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckie stella View Post
Where can I find qualifying results so far?

http://www.myrcm.ch/es/javierllo/201...2WD/index.html
Old 17-07-2013
Mini-Jimmy

Send a message via MSN to Mrs oOple

Yeah sorry but I think this takes the mickey a bit? Sure we're all after some Euros updates, but come here to link to the live streaming, yet somehow I am personally funding mobile internet access for Jimmy to use for race reporting purposes, when my bank account is pretty much bare? Hypocritical I think...

Old 17-07-2013
Spends too long on oOple ...

Last I looked, rcracing.tv didn't have any paid advertising on here so why allow a commercial business advertise for free??
Old 17-07-2013
Mini-Jimmy

I think it is important to promote the hobby and enable good access to the sort of information they provide. But likewise I feel that should be reciprocal and the federations should support individuals who want to promote the hobby. I don't think it is a lot to ask.

Old 18-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs oOple View Post
I think it is important to promote the hobby and enable good access to the sort of information they provide. But likewise I feel that should be reciprocal and the federations should support individuals who want to promote the hobby. I don't think it is a lot to ask.
I agree with your sentiments entirely..!
However, that live streaming is brilliant... Couldn't Jimmy just watch it on YouTube and do a written report from that, for those people who didn't see it..?
Old 18-07-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aire valley View Post
I agree with your sentiments entirely..!
However, that live streaming is brilliant... Couldn't Jimmy just watch it on YouTube and do a written report from that, for those people who didn't see it..?
I know where I'd rather be Sunning it in spain!
Old 18-07-2013
Mad Member

The cameras don't cover everything, and to be honest the most thrilling fights are not always in the front of the field - I know the focus for Jimmy too will be on the front runners, but with Jimmy's skills to get the lens pretty much joining in on the action he'll be able to cover things that the video doesn't.

And to be fair... The live stream is fun, but you know you'd much rather have the dust and debry flying around your face standing next to the track, enjoy the whistle of the motors and the constant symphony of electronic gizmos eminating from the pit area - all that while the sun is providing a warm, bright glow to enjoy - not to mention the nice atmosphere and comradery you usually have at these events It'll be... challenging to recreate that spirit in a report if you're not actually there.

Of course though, the timing sheets and videos are a great piece of reference material to recap what happened.

3D Printing Upgrade Parts - FF210 Buggy
Old 18-07-2013

Guys, I know that Jimmy has been having problems over in Spain, but none of this has been instigated by us at RC Racing TV

We have a contract with EFRA that stipulates the provision of a dedicated line for internet so we can stream without any problems caused by the requirements of other Media teams uploading photos and files.

In Reims the organisers provided a second connection for the other media - RedRc, Neo, etc to use.

It appears that there is only one connection in Spain - we have partitioned some of this bandwidth for the Live Stream - Timing also have their part of the capacity as have the organisation.

I genuinely don't know if there is any spare bandwidth, but I do know that if Jimmy wants to upload at the end of the day he is welcome to use our bandwidth when we have finished our live streaming.

We at RC racing TV really appreciate OOple and Jimmy and what he does to promote the hobby - it is what we are doing as well after all.

Nick
Old 18-07-2013
Mini-Jimmy

Hi Nick,
I meant to post on here earlier once I realised my comments had been misdirected. I am sorry that my frustrations were aimed in your direction when really the issue is more with EFRA than yourselves. I understand you guys are out there doing a great job and indeed it's good that EFRA contract and support that, it is a shame they are unsupportive of Jimmy's good work.

Anyway sorry, I didn't mean to launch a personal attack at you. Keep up the good work

Old 18-07-2013

Hey guys, will 4WD be streamed live? If so, is there a timetable anywhere?
Old 18-07-2013

Good to hear you can get live video and results from the 2013 Euros. That is a lot more than we get in the pitting area. There is no wi-fi, no PA system, no display screens, all we get is a good old printed timetable to let us know what is on. The only sounds from the rostrum area are "track open" and "track closed", not even a heat number! The display screens under the rostrum are unreadable . Up to now there would have been no commentary if John Spencer had not volunteered to do the A- Final legs.
All this from the organisers of a once oversubscribed event, now reduced to 9 heats of 4wd.
Love from Valladolid
Old 19-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2222 View Post
Up to now there would have been no commentary
That's a shame.

Even all our Regional meetings had commentary throughout, well all except for one!!!!
Old 19-07-2013

We are streaming all the days of the 4WD event - just go to www.rcracing.tv and the link will be there - we are already live for 4wd qualifying day and I expect we'll be live at 9AM tomorrow (10am in Europe) for Finals day!
Old 19-07-2013
Mad Member

It's indeed a shame that the event doesn't have commentary for the drivers, especially as there essentially is already commentary being done on the event. I can imagine it might be useful to move the drivers' on track commentary to the guys of RC Racing TV? I can imagine some words on the Live stream were unrelevant for the drivers, and some commentary will be unrelevant for the people watching the stream, but I guess with several mics and sound layers you can filter out the relevant information for the different channels?

3D Printing Upgrade Parts - FF210 Buggy
Old 19-07-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckie stella View Post
That's a shame.

Even all our Regional meetings had commentary throughout, well all except for one!!!!
Wow, how dare anyone not commentate on such a high profile meeting, scandalous heaven help them for the abuse they will no doubt receive on the forums for this!!!!!
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 19-07-2013
RHR RACING

Send a message via MSN to James

Judging by some of the blocking and takeouts I've seen from slower drivers commentary would have helped everyone there! BRCA events have to provide a commentator don't they, I know there's a language issue but surprising EFRA don't provide one, they have refs on the rostrum calling faster cars but you can't beat a commentary i dont think so everyone knows where they're running and can act accordingly.

Last edited by James; 19-07-2013 at 12:06 PM.