Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 17-04-2013
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to daz
Default B max2 spring rates.

Anyone know what the spring rate is for the blue big bore fronts. I've looked everywhere to no avail.
Old 17-04-2013

I was told by someone they are 3.60 but dont know for sure i just use AE bigbore springs now
Old 17-04-2013
Mad Member

There are no published spring rates for the newer 'X' big bore springs sadly...although the rates of their original big bore springs have been measured by someone and listed on the Petit forums.

Currently people seem to be swapping the kit springs for other brands to get to known rates instead.
Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs
Old 17-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan may View Post
I was told by someone they are 3.60 but dont know for sure i just use AE bigbore springs now
Yeah they certainly feel pretty close to AE blue (3.60) fronts.....I also use AE springs so I have a point of reference to work from.
Old 17-04-2013

I did some trials of the kit spring against other losi springs by putting a kit spring on one shock and a Losi spring on the other with the same preload setting. Then with out oil I joined the ball ends together with a screw and pushing them together to see which bottomed out first. Repeated a few times and swapped hand to make it fair but i'm pretty confident this way works for me

I found that the front kit blue is almost the same as a Losi Red (within 1mm of each other). Losi Blue is significantly harder than the kit blue. The yokomo red is the same as a Losi Orange

For the rear the kit blue is the same as the Losi yellow and the kit yellow is only slightly softer than the kit blue (about 3mm difference) so probably the same as a Losi white (which i don't have to test against)

Try it if you have the springs and see what you think ( i use this method to check pairs of springs in case one has gone soft - when new they always meet at the same time so i'm happy this method is repeatable)
AE B74
AE T6.1
AE SC6.1

Kits and parts supplied by:
http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/[/size]

My Feedback thread: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthre...945#post691945
Old 17-04-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by luniemiester View Post
I did some trials of the kit spring against other losi springs by putting a kit spring on one shock and a Losi spring on the other with the same preload setting. Then with out oil I joined the ball ends together with a screw and pushing them together to see which bottomed out first. Repeated a few times and swapped hand to make it fair but i'm pretty confident this way works for me

I found that the front kit blue is almost the same as a Losi Red (within 1mm of each other). Losi Blue is significantly harder than the kit blue. The yokomo red is the same as a Losi Orange

For the rear the kit blue is the same as the Losi yellow and the kit yellow is only slightly softer than the kit blue (about 3mm difference) so probably the same as a Losi white (which i don't have to test against)

Try it if you have the springs and see what you think ( i use this method to check pairs of springs in case one has gone soft - when new they always meet at the same time so i'm happy this method is repeatable)
Can you put that in some sort of comparison table with the Losi values please?

I've got AE big bore springs, and liked the car best with AE BB reds on the front, which feel harder than yok reds.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 17-04-2013

I like losi orange front springs
Old 18-04-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan may View Post
I like losi orange front springs
I like the Yokomo red ones, which according to the above comparison are the same. Last weekend I tried the Yokomo orange front springs, which are way harder. I'll probaly have to get some greens for the front and the rear and should be fine!
So far I had no need for the front yellows, but rears are nice on clay.
Old 28-04-2013

I need help with springs. I have been running indoors on foam tyres with the kit blue springs. Taking the kit blues as a basis I need to go two harder on the back and three harder on the front. So if the blue were soft I need hard for the rear and extra hard for the front. Hope that makes sense.
Ideally I want to keep it to yokomo items but if this is not possible alternative that fits. If people can advise part numbers too that will help.
Thanks in advance for the help.

2nd is 1st placed loser!!

Old 28-04-2013
Mad Member

Yokomo orange front (BM-S1270)/green rear (BM-S12105) could be ok for you. Recently I tried oranges in the front, but they were too hard for my liking, so I went back to red ones. Don't let the Yokomo ratings give you a wrong impression, the oranges are definitely not 'soft' springs.
Old 28-04-2013

That's great, thanks.
First yokomo owner so dont have lots of bits in the toolbox yet.

2nd is 1st placed loser!!