Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 01-02-2016

Default KF2 handling issue

Hi
I had my third club race with my kf2 last weekend. The track I run is low-med grip carpet with some 180 turns. My main problem is on these turns, on the corner exit when I let the steering to neutral and put throttle the car keeps turning inside the curve and I had to counter steer to keep it straight. All the 180 turns are to left. Has this problem something to do with the belt drive and the motors momentum or just a loose rear on corner exit ?
Old 01-02-2016
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alport View Post
Hi
I had my third club race with my kf2 last weekend. The track I run is low-med grip carpet with some 180 turns. My main problem is on these turns, on the corner exit when I let the steering to neutral and put throttle the car keeps turning inside the curve and I had to counter steer to keep it straight. All the 180 turns are to left. Has this problem something to do with the belt drive and the motors momentum or just a loose rear on corner exit ?

Difficult to diagnose from your description to be honest.
Check all your steering linkages for binding or tightness first off, and make sure your servo horn is not catching anything on full lock.

If it was due to low grip on the rear, I would expect a similar problem on all corners, not just low speed.ones
Old 01-02-2016

What diff you running ?
Old 01-02-2016

Have you checked your rear shocks?
Old 02-02-2016

Nothing binding on steering.
Was using gear diff with10k oil, also tried 4k but Did not helped.
Shocks are freshly rebuilded, Maybe a little tick oil on rear, (400 mucmore oil with green springs)
Old 02-02-2016

Sounds to me your losing rear traction out of slow corners. When the grip is down I find running a ball diff and rear shocks on the rear of the wishbones helps a lot, could also try playing with the rear links.
Old 02-02-2016

My Mother Language is not english, so ı make the question more Simple. This is my first belt driven 2wd car. Does kf2 have a naturel tendency to be pulled Left or right when you put thottle because of the motor rotation direction or belt drive? ıf not ı'll work more on setup.
Old 02-02-2016

Quote:
My Mother Language is not english, so ı make the question more Simple. This is my first belt driven 2wd car. Does kf2 have a naturel tendency to be pulled Left or right when you put thottle because of the motor rotation direction or belt drive? ıf not ı'll work more on setup.
If everything in the drivetrain is free to move as it should (no binding driveshafts, seized bearings, catching wheels etc) then there should be no problems with pulling in one direction under power.
Old 02-02-2016

Quote:
Shocks are freshly rebuilded, Maybe a little tick oil on rear, (400 mucmore oil with green springs)
If the shocks are over-damped then they will be slow to react, so if you're exiting a corner then the car will continue to lean at the start of the straight instead of being level. This would cause the car to pull to the inside.

Might be worth rebuilding the rear shocks with a lighter oil to check.

Muzzoom Models Motorsport
Old 03-02-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjm_2008 View Post
If everything in the drivetrain is free to move as it should (no binding driveshafts, seized bearings, catching wheels etc) then there should be no problems with pulling in one direction under power.
Thanks for the clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groomi View Post
If the shocks are over-damped then they will be slow to react, so if you're exiting a corner then the car will continue to lean at the start of the straight instead of being level. This would cause the car to pull to the inside.

Might be worth rebuilding the rear shocks with a lighter oil to check.
That schould be the answer I was looking for
I recently changed my shock oil brand to muchmore for local support but they seem to be much more thicker than labeled.