Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > KYOSHO

Old 05-12-2007

Thank you great info.....
Old 05-12-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonBoy View Post
-From JCJC:I already have a Lazer, JonBoy, I just need details of the Law 35 kit, you know ..... when in the shops? whats in the bag? that sort of thing, a few photos.....you got a camera JonBoy? where you based,Thanks for your time

*LAW35 is a combo set that offer you the opportunity to get the new rear end (LAW34 - W/O the shock parts) and the new SP front end. The bodyshell and the new wing are not part of the conversion kit. So you will get FR and RR arms (LA255/LA243), new FR & RR HUB, new FR & RR universal drive shaft (73MM/60.5MM), new knuckle and all small parts like collar, nuts......RRP at £69.00 approx. (**Please note, all RRP given are for your personal information. It's not an official RRP by Kyosho).

Thanks
Great stuff JonBoy, so no new shock parts, bummer, have to have shockparts.

So I need LAW35, plus a kit to upgrade the shocks.......part number for that JonBoy ? (and why is it not included?)
Old 11-12-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Details of the LAW35 upgrade kit ...... no ally front brace

Translated from Japanese website ...

Rather than arranging with the part single item, your approximately 2,400 profits! * The photograph is laser ZX-5 SP (No.30077). The conversion set which can convert stock laser ZX-5 to SP specification. By the fact that this set is introduced, it is possible to reproduce the underside of the machine which participated in 2007 EP off load world championship. The front suspension of the new design the big position of a vessel's helm actualizing wide adjustment corresponding power. Similarly, as for the rear suspension of the new design, the traction application with increase change is easy to do, unrestricted maneuverability in various road surface circumstances shows. Note: It converts from the normal kit perfectly, the separate shock-related product, it is necessary the body and the wing etc. to exchange. Contents > of < conversion set * front hub carrier (R) (10°) & front hub carrier (R) (7°) & front hub carrier (L) (10°) & front hub carrier (L) (7°) & ダンパープラパーツセット & shock cap & new model front wheel & front knuckle (R) (L) & king pin sleeve & front suspension arm & rear suspension arm & universal swing shaft (73) & universal swing shaft (60.5) * instruction manual
Old 11-12-2007
Mad Member

Thanks Roger, clearer now.

I need a shock related part, but am looking for a kit of shock related items to do all 4shocks, rather than buy 2 kits (spect I will have to).

I want to run the new front end but not have to change all my wheels, we use the Azarashi body & wing so will not need another, I also do not want to spend £100 on new bits to put on an old car, much as we love it. Guess we will sort it before the summer.
Old 11-12-2007

the front wheels i think are the same Hex Size they just added extra strength to them..... when i got my conversion kit from a main hobbies i tried both front wheels the kit ones and the SP ones and fit fine..... so you should not have a problem.... i have the alloy front brace and LAW 34 coming from a main so i can upgrade to the RB5 style Cartridge.... should be here in a couple days
Old 11-12-2007
Mad Member

Cheers Deception, I couldn't face another set of wheels.
Old 11-12-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default Sorry to disapoint you but the front wheels ARE very different

I've been conversing with some of the Kyosho USA team guys (really helpful and a great resource ..... maybe they should have a UK team .. )

The front wheels are a new part number W5201 (add W for white as per the previous ones) and the offset is VERY diffrent from the original front wheels. If you use the original wheels the car will be VERY much over maximum width and thus illegal for racing in BRCA events.
The original rear wheels still fit though so there is no problem there.

The new front end geometry is more like the rest of the current crop of off-roaders (XX4 style front outboard) and the new rear end in the LAW35 kit is designed to balance the geometry to the new front end.

What you have here is a NEW CAR .... .only the transmission and chassis remains the same as before. The two major contributors to a cars handling are the weight distribution (chassis components) and suspension geometry. So as an absolute minimum you can consider it to be 50% new.

I am looking forward to my car arriving ...... I have only driven a couple of packs of cells through a ZX5 (had the rear - mid conversion fitted) and felt the car to be much nicer to drive than my BJ4WE, I had a couple of minor gripes about the way the car turned in but those should be resolved by the new suspension.

I'll let you know what I think as soon as I've tested the SP.
Old 12-12-2007

You mention that weight distribution is one of the major changes, do you mean the prototype saddle pack chassis as I can't see how much it can be changed otherwise (apart from shifting the rear weight with the LAW34 rear wishbones)?
Old 12-12-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerM View Post
..... maybe they should have a UK team .. )
it been muted on here before

So it may be half my wheels!!!!!! you seem to be becoming a bit of a resource yourself.

Thanks for the info
Old 12-12-2007
Administrator

if it's the same off set as the D4, then perhaps either D4 wheels will fit, and / or a D4 losi-style hex, meaning you could fit XX4 wheels on the front.
Old 13-12-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kek23k View Post
You mention that weight distribution is one of the major changes, do you mean the prototype saddle pack chassis as I can't see how much it can be changed otherwise (apart from shifting the rear weight with the LAW34 rear wishbones)?
Sorry, probably didn't make myself clear enough.

The weight distribution will be largely unchanged ....... that is the 50% not to change .... yet.

The SP suspension should, in theory, make the car feel more positve and direct and allow it to change direction quicker than the original set-up. This sould make the car quicker around a lap but possibly a little more difficult to drive consistently ..... still should be stable tough so don't get put off!
Old 13-12-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCJC View Post
it been muted on here before

So it may be half my wheels!!!!!! you seem to be becoming a bit of a resource yourself.

Thanks for the info

I'm just a research monkey ..... LOL

Looking forward to getting my hands on this car.
Old 13-12-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Jimmy,

very good point about the D4 drive hex and wheels ..... might be worth trying ..... now who has access to a D4 and a lazer?????
Old 13-12-2007

Send a message via ICQ to Scouser

I have just checked and the rears will work. I dont have any fronts at the moment though!
Old 14-12-2007

Im ordering the HB drive hex for the front to use with losi rims and gonna try that when I get the SP conversion parts. I think it will be pretty close.
Old 14-12-2007
Administrator

On the Tamiya 501X I had to drill out the HB hex very slightly and also sand the back edge down again very slightly to get it to fit.. The Tamiya Hex is the same as losi but the axle size is very slightly different.
I'd think one or the other would fit, but the Tamiya hex simply isn't easy to find, hence why I have HB hexes on my Tamiya.
Old 14-12-2007
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouser View Post
I have just checked and the rears will work. I dont have any fronts at the moment though!
bring some wheels to formby on sunday, i'll be there.. racing the B4 but i'll have the D4 there on show.
Old 14-12-2007

u out there trioxer?lazer zx5 sp are on their way as we speak.will call u asap hopefully tomorrow,if not mon/tues.ok.u can call at house to pick car up and have first sort through other stuff.
Old 15-12-2007

Send a message via MSN to TRIOXER Send a message via Skype™ to TRIOXER
Default zx5 sp

cheers jez,very happy now cant wait to get new car,will be over to collect as soon as i hear from you
cheers chris.
Old 15-12-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

My car will arrive mid week too .... can't wait!!!