Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Closed Thread

Old 20-07-2013
oOple Advertiser

I think the point is he did it on the day not at the last regional meeting. I myself had a reminder at the beginning of the year and I renewed my licence as I am required to do. In the last regional I was pole in the B final and you made the A without a licence. I could potentially have been in the A and potentially won it. How do you think I feel? I won't put in a complaint as I don't think it's worth it but think of the other people you have affected as well by "forgetting" to renew your licence
Old 20-07-2013

if you had joined the BRCA on the morning of the first regional at worm then yes this issue would not of arisen.You are now in july a member of the BRCA so the points at cornwall tomorrow will count.Unfortunately the points you have scored up to now do not,i hope this clears it up.
Oh and by the way all this universe stuff as far as I am concerned is b@ll@x
Old 20-07-2013
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Pickard View Post

If the southwest regional were run like (by all accounts) the other regional in the country I could have actually subscribed to the BRCA on the morning of the first even even before going on the track using my phone and this issue would not have occurred - and that is not a criticism to those who make the effort to help organize it - it is merely an observation.
So why did you not join on the day, or even before the second meeting? Instead you leafy it till halfway through the year?
There is no reason you should get your points from when you were not a member.
Old 20-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
So why did you not join on the day, or even before the second meeting? Instead you leafy it till halfway through the year?
There is no reason you should get your points from when you were not a member.
Exactly..
Old 20-07-2013

I was never asked to produce it at either meeting and it slipped my mind to join. Perhaps racingdwarf would be so kind as to inform us of the time of the day that the other person who started the day without a license finally got signed up? If it was during the event I guess it will be hard to argue my case, but if it was at the end of the day post finals then I will once again ask why his points should stand and mine don't?
Old 20-07-2013

My guess is that you thought you could get away for paying to join to start with,seeing how you would do in the first races.
As you seem to Have done quite well,you now realise you have to join.
I wonder if you would be bothering with all this if you had ended up in a few e-finals.
I have been back in the sport only 18months,but understand the need to join the brca,and i am only too happy to pay to keep this hobby alive and well.
Old 20-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Pickard View Post
How is it different? He raced without a licence for the whole day therefore had no insurance for the whole day. You cannot phone up direct line after a car crash to insure yourself after the event can you Mark? The timing of when you have the insureance after the event is a mute point, if the event has already occurred.
+1 on this one I'm afraid, Double standards.
Old 20-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutoid View Post
My guess is that you thought you could get away for paying to join to start with,seeing how you would do in the first races.
As you seem to Have done quite well,you now realise you have to join.
I wonder if you would be bothering with all this if you had ended up in a few e-finals.
I have been back in the sport only 18months,but understand the need to join the brca,and i am only too happy to pay to keep this hobby alive and well.
Also I suppose you lot never forget anything apart from how to read.
As Dan said he wasn't asked for it and sometimes these things slip your mind.
Old 20-07-2013
Mad Member

How is it double standards? The other case was one event and sorted on the day!

This is three events in... Your having a laugh!

I love the way he's trying to justify it too!!!
Old 20-07-2013

Hi

No he arrived without being a member - that he managed to enter was the mistake made on that one..

But any BRCA Executive Official can accept a membership there and then, fill the form in and pay up, job's done.

Accepted several myself, normally at booking in at an event in January when folk have forgotten to do it

So this is a bit of mess - it'll be up to the section officials to decide what they want to do, the people concerned need to talk to each other, typing about it on here won't help.

Up till they do that I would let this thread die and everybody learn some lessons:-

1) Do not put the poor bloke running the event in a difficult position by forgetting to sort your membership out.

2) Remember that when you're doing booking in you are protecting the poor bloke running the meeting (and the other officials too) as well as making sure the competitors have their Insurance -It works both ways. checking membership - or other proof of public liability insurance if not a sanctioned event - is Important.

3) If in doubt ask, want any more info just ask, want to check something just ask..

Jim Spencer
Treasurer - and bloke who deals with the Insurance.
BRCA
Old 20-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Spencer View Post
Hi

No he arrived without being a member - that he managed to enter was the mistake made on that one..

But any BRCA Executive Official can accept a membership there and then, fill the form in and pay up, job's done.

Accepted several myself, normally at booking in at an event in January when folk have forgotten to do it

So this is a bit of mess - it'll be up to the section officials to decide what they want to do, the people concerned need to talk to each other, typing about it on here won't help.

Up till they do that I would let this thread die and everybody learn some lessons:-

1) Do not put the poor bloke running the event in a difficult position by forgetting to sort your membership out.

2) Remember that when you're doing booking in you are protecting the poor bloke running the meeting (and the other officials too) as well as making sure the competitors have their Insurance -It works both ways. checking membership - or other proof of public liability insurance if not a sanctioned event - is Important.

3) If in doubt ask, want any more info just ask, want to check something just ask..

Jim Spencer
Treasurer - and bloke who deals with the Insurance.
BRCA
I'll take that bit back never realised you could join on the day always been preached no licence no race.
Old 20-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
As you seem to be a BRCA 10th off road official, are you saying it was OK for him to race at a regional as a non BRCA member? Which is totally against the wording of the rules? Surely it says you must be a member to race, if your not a member, and get to race without BRCA insurance etc, its then OK to score points which you can claim later? Is the correct route to remove non member adjust members points?

I have posted rules, show card or proof of membership.
i dont seem to be an official i am one, at no point did i say it was ok.

in this case the rules do indeed state you must be a member to race. however that rule is a bit moot as he actually raced without being a member, the rule does not continue to say what should happen if this happens, therefor a decision will need to be made as to what to do and the repercussions for the regions results. i am not going to pre judge as i do not have any facts as to why etc. realistically he will either be allowed to keep his points or lose his points, further the regions results may be adjusted or left as they are.

the 1/10 off road committee will make a decision based on the facts presented, the decision will take into account any previous cases that may have occured over the years as well as representations from the racer himself and the region concerned
Old 20-07-2013

Me and my son have both been racing properly for about 3 years now and although we have both been brca members and renewed every year without fail I must admit the only reason I have not forgotten is I race at a small club every Friday night and the guy that runs the club does all the renewals for everyone then just collects the money. I can see how someone that maybe only races through the summer could easily forget to renew membership and on another note me and my son race at 4 or 5 different clubs through the summer and winter and as yet can't ever remember being asked for my membership card or number when booking in
Carisma gtb x2
Schumacher gt12 x2
Closed Thread