Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 01-07-2009

Default motor plates

may seem a stupid question but anyway...

still fixing the big wig, putting the technigold in & noticed i'm missing the motor plate. Looked around on the net to buy one and was thinking, surely i can make one of these myself? any suggestions? what do you actually need one for?

http://www.tamiyabase.com/manuals/im.../58057_012.jpg

Old 01-07-2009

Hi Mate,

The Motorplate for the Tamiya Bigwig is the same as the one thats on the Boomerang.
The Boomerang has recently been Re-released(I've just bought one), so you can now get the Motorplate quite easily.
Almost all of the Gearbox Parts are the same on the Bigwig & Boomerang, but Tamiya has Changed many of the Part Numbers on their Re-released Kits, so its made it alittle confusing for People, who want replacement Bits for their original Models.
The NEW Part Number for the Motorplate is 4305125, which Costs around £1.25 from your Local Tamiya Dealer.........at that Price, its hardly worth trying to make one! Eventhough it looks like that its only made of thin Cardboard.
Old 02-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wacker1 View Post
Hi Mate,

The Motorplate for the Tamiya Bigwig is the same as the one thats on the Boomerang.
The Boomerang has recently been Re-released(I've just bought one), so you can now get the Motorplate quite easily.
Almost all of the Gearbox Parts are the same on the Bigwig & Boomerang, but Tamiya has Changed many of the Part Numbers on their Re-released Kits, so its made it alittle confusing for People, who want replacement Bits for their original Models.
The NEW Part Number for the Motorplate is 4305125, which Costs around £1.25 from your Local Tamiya Dealer.........at that Price, its hardly worth trying to make one! Eventhough it looks like that its only made of thin Cardboard.
Hey,

Yeah, i thought too that it was only thin cardboard, needed some screws so bought them & the motor mount at the same time to save on delivery costs!

lets see pics of your Boomerang! I'm waiting for my Porsche Black to arrive frm Japan cant wait, will post pics asap!