Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Losi Racing

Old 27-11-2012

New xray, new schumacher, updated b44.2, v3 rango

Cum on plz release one soon losi
Old 05-12-2012

Anyone know if TLR are working in a 4wd car ?
Old 07-12-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Wait untill after the big toy fair in January in Germany

"Babe thats NOT the price its the serial number!!"
Old 08-12-2012

Knowing TLR his car will appear from nowhere,
Old 09-12-2012

was there any hint at all about the 22 being released? It was kinda before I was seriously into the sport so I don't know
Old 09-12-2012

Well I think it myth be not for now two company have come out whit new machines so marketing wise it not a good timing but I sure would like to see one dough.

Den.
Old 09-12-2012

I've heard from a commercial "Horizon hobby" that , at the Nuremberg Saloon in Deutschland, Losi will present lots of products...perhaps including a new 4WD across TLR...The worldchampionship is closed.

Wait and see
Old 09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastos View Post
I've heard from a commercial "Horizon hobby" that , at the Nuremberg Saloon in Deutschland, Losi will present lots of products...perhaps including a new 4WD across TLR...The worldchampionship is closed.

Wait and see
Is that show in January?
Old 09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun_TLR View Post
Is that show in January?
Yes beginning 2013...30th of January to the 4th of February.
Losi has to present more than 10 products most of them will be for "hobby".
Old 09-12-2012

If you want a Losi 4wd get yourself a XX4. All the TLR team run them and Bloomfield got 3rd at the euros this year with his. I heard he didn't even bother with new tyres just one set for the whole day but I don't know how true that is?

Anyway from a personal prospective this year at NE regionals my best result in 4wd was 9th in the B from roughly 50/60 entries each round with my B44.1. Then at the last round I ran my XX4 and qualified 5th. Every time I have raced it loads of ppl chat about how good it looks on the track and asking me questions.

There's been 4wd rumours for years but nothing comes of it. So it you want to stick to Losi why not run arguable the best 4wd ever made and get a XX4. The parts problem is a huge myth you can get 99% of the parts new still. There's various shops stock parts plus sites such as Losi parts house. I made the plunge this year and I'm am loving it!
Old 10-12-2012

Is the XX4 better than the XXX4?.
Old 10-12-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Andrews View Post
Is the XX4 better than the XXX4?.
Yes, lots

The XXX4 was really a touring car made to look like a buggy, bumps weren't it's favorite things, but would still be bloody fast on a smooth track.
Old 10-12-2012

XXX4 Needed quite a few mods, mainly steering to get it to be quick.

Rutted out tracks were definitely its enemy!

As for TLR releasing a 4WD buggy. I for one, and this has been discussed quite a lot in depth in other forums, think that it will NOT happen. For many reasons of course, but the biggest one being money.

There is not much of a large market in the US for 4WD anymore, yes you will have people saying, "that is bullshit" "Where I race its huge" but in reality, it is not. It will come back around I am sure, but right now, it is not feasible. I am actually surprised XRAY dropped into it. Horizon Hobby are a Hobby company, not a racing company, and they want to see TLR make money, they can do that with SC's and 2WD. Why produce a massively expensive new car when they don't need to.

The Horizon Hobby bean counters are NOT racers, passionate racers. They are figures people with no "nostalgia" about the good'ol days of Team Losi. They want to see money no matter how it is made. Gil Jr no longer is involved, old school racers no longer call the shots in Team Losi.

Now why don't they just rerelease the XX4WE car and be done with it as it was an awesome car you ask?? Well, there is a story behind that too. And it comes down to money once again. The XX4 was a heavily plastic/composite moulded masterpiece, and the age has unfortunately worked against it. The moulds used to create this car, are old, worn out, and in some instances, not even available. To remake these beautiful moulds is another huge exercise in futility as it costs money.

Maybe this will clear some q's up, maybe it will create more questions than answers, but the bottom line is TLR will not release a 4WD until the current economic climate changes, the industry is not flooded with new 4WD cars and the class, as a whole, regains popularity.
Old 10-12-2012

oh and Shaun_TLR, it's a good question mate, a valid one and that is what a forum is for, good discussion about things that interest us So cheers and thanks for keeping this discussion up and running!
Old 10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulJCentro View Post
oh and Shaun_TLR, it's a good question mate, a valid one and that is what a forum is for, good discussion about things that interest us So cheers and thanks for keeping this discussion up and running!
Cheers. I appreciate that speculation annoys some people, but Im reasonably new to the forum so I've not witnessed any posts like this prior. I only asked the question as Im new and not in the know Re up and coming models. I currently run a 22, 22T and an sx3........so a tlr branded 4wd would fill the void nicely.
Old 11-12-2012

So do you not fancy a XX4 then Shaun?
Old 11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar View Post
So do you not fancy a XX4 then Shaun?
If Im honest, im not really sure as I dont know much about it. I've recently bought an sx3 (prior to k1 release) that was cheap at the time - just wanted to get into 4wd. Are there any issues with parts etc etc?
Old 12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun_TLR View Post
If Im honest, im not really sure as I dont know much about it. I've recently bought an sx3 (prior to k1 release) that was cheap at the time - just wanted to get into 4wd. Are there any issues with parts etc etc?
Parts are quite easy to get hold of and you can get most of the parts new. I mentioned it earlier on in time thread above.

Set up wise when I got my latest one I reAd all the posts in the locked threads on this Losi section. I just read through it. Once you get a good base set u you don't have to change it around much but I read set ups from Tom C and Danny M as they were TLR drivers when the posts were made.

If you want to know anymore feel free to dro me a PM

Ps I posted pics of my XX4 the other day in the 1/10 section in the show me your 1/10 thread
Old 12-12-2012

Hmmmm food for thought. Ill have a look round the post thanks
Old 12-12-2012

Ive just finished replaceing the ballcups on my XX4 that completes my restoration as i had some left over from another build, i managed to purchase my old car last year pure coincidence it was on ebay and i saw it after 10-15 years lol

I did use it last year and it was much nicer to drive than my B44.1 its just i wanted to shelf it as it had memories attached.

If you can get one as said parts are available and to drive its mint, im hunting now for a sedcond one so I can have it as a spare car.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image (1).jpg (15.4 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg image (2).jpg (14.2 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg image (3).jpg (14.5 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg image (4).jpg (13.8 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg image (5).jpg (14.0 KB, 45 views)