Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Titchfield Off Road Club Hants

Old 12-11-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Default Comments and Recommendations about the club

I thought I'd start a thread around comments and ideas for the club.
Old 13-11-2009

Default Club Championship

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyscott View Post
I thought I'd start a thread around comments and ideas for the club.
I think to maintain a good level of new comers and consistency with numbers. A winter and summer championship should be run, 12 meetings 8 count or something like this? Trophies for top 3 and some special ones for most improved and new comer?

Let me know what you think?
Old 13-11-2009

That sounds good, you can post race results up on here to to keep tabs on your nearest rivals.

Work parties are a really good way to get a club to grow, as people have pride in their club and the track. At the last club i raced at we would do one once a month on a saturday afternoon, strimming, mowing, redressing the track and the like.

Hobbywing Xr10 Pro - Savox -Much More - Sanwa

SURREY AND HANTS RADIO CONTROLLED CAR CLUB - SHRCCC
Old 14-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
I think to maintain a good level of new comers and consistency with numbers. A winter and summer championship should be run, 12 meetings 8 count or something like this? Trophies for top 3 and some special ones for most improved and new comer?

Let me know what you think?
I like the idea of having a club championship. 2 & 4 would always have to be split up.

Also a young ones or a novice class is needed too.

Titchfield Off Road Club Hants

www.huntersystems.co.uk
Old 14-11-2009

Hi

these are great ideas, just need to get the numbers up in order to split novices etc out. Not sure about the junior element as I've seen some bloody good junior drivers in my time and been beaten by them..

Mike
Old 22-01-2010

Default Jumps!!!!

With a few people talking about track features, i have offered to make a moveable and adjustable jump which can be tried/tested and adjusted to suit various points on the track. It can be used to simulate a real (permenant) jump when the track is redesigned or extended.
Any suggestions on a starting size and style, let me know at the track.
Neil

Hobbywing Xr10 Pro - Savox -Much More - Sanwa

SURREY AND HANTS RADIO CONTROLLED CAR CLUB - SHRCCC
Old 22-01-2010

I think it depends.. if the ramp is lets say-1 foot You wouldn't need a landing ramp.. 2 foot.. maybe but think 2foot+ you would need a landing ramp of some sort.. TBH for titchfield.. which is a fairly tight and some sections pritty fast.. I would think something relatively small is more suited. Plus the chances or breaking things are slimmer too.. think something more like a wedge would be better if it was in the faster sections.. but think best thing is everyone to chat at the track and go through some ideas.. probably the best route..
Old 17-07-2012

mmm 1/8th MP9E tempting and hollywood can convert his Mugen!

For me it's all about how much damage these things cause, as Steve mentioned we the commitee will discuss.
Old 18-07-2012
Mad Member

As Levon has said above you'd need stronger barriers as with more speed if they have an off and you get an 8th flying through the air at you it needs to be stopped before it comes through the barrier. Which goes onto what Badger5 has commented on above, the marshalling points would need to addressed.

Electric 8th seems to be getting a bigger following and it would be good to have a dedicated place that ran electric 8th on the South Coast. I appreciate South Coast RC are only down the road but the track there is really rough and as Hotshot has pointed out is really only suitable for truggies.

To combine 8th and 10th in one club is a great idea, possibility of new members to increase the club and then people starting to race both classes which can only be good for increasing numbers more and sales to the model shops.

My paintwork thread
Old 18-07-2012
oOple Advertiser

I personally think once you mix scales at a club you can cause problems.
I would love to see 1/8th ELECTRIC take off but I think the beauty of TORCH is the 10th factor on a large track that currently everyone is enjoying - be careful not to ruine what everyone is loving at your club......
Old 18-07-2012

It's a great idea, but my view is there would need to be alot of rethinking on marshal spots. And more safety barriers- stronger ones at that. They are great fun, but they can cause some serious damage to people. As they weight a lot and more than a nitro. It would be good to see them at torch, but I can't see there being a bug enough group to make it worth all the £ that would be needed to redo parts for safety reasons IMHO. And a good amount of the local racers like torch as its so friendly and there not spending a fortune on stuff. As 1/8th electric is a big price investment to get going. Which would be a huge factor, I for one would not be that interested in my view. Torch is a perfect 1/10th track, and just as much fun running a 1/10th around there than a 1/8th I reckon. But that's my 2 pence!
Old 01-12-2012

Hi when is someone going to update the websites with results form the winter rounds. ? All I can find is the summer rounds.