Might see if I can get the ones of my sx3 to fit on
Old 03-02-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Absolute must haves for the Aero?
Anti roll bar kit - front or rear or both
Anti squat kit
Anything else

Cheers

Schumacher Cat Xls, Rc10 Team(retired), Mardave Cobra, SST 98 Rally Car, TT02 Rally car, Wpl-c24 and Element Enduro builders kit #71 #deaddogracing

Autocare, unit 5 candleby Court, Cotgrave NG123RT.
Old 04-02-2014

I dont understand why schumacher would bring out a gear diff car aimed purposely for high traction tracks, yet include a carbon chassis. The alu chassis would prove to be a better chassis for astro I would imagine.

I was thinking of buying a k1, but I would rather have ball diffs and the carbon chassis, too bad they dont do that combo as that would be best on dirt.
Old 04-02-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastinfastout View Post
I dont understand why schumacher would bring out a gear diff car aimed purposely for high traction tracks, yet include a carbon chassis. The alu chassis would prove to be a better chassis for astro I would imagine.

I was thinking of buying a k1, but I would rather have ball diffs and the carbon chassis, too bad they dont do that combo as that would be best on dirt.
It depends a lot of the quality of the carbon fibre really, the average RC grade stuff is cheap and flexible because it has little carbon fibre and a lot of resin. A nice example of high grade carbon fibre+resin used in F1 is roughly twice as stiff as 7075-T6 aluminium.

I don't know exactly what Schumacher use for the carbon chassis', but the shock towers are densely packed with layers of carbon and I'm amazed by the slim construction of all the parts - to do this they can't have saved money on bad quality materials.

Combine this with the listing by Schumacher as 'optimized flex' (not 'more' flex) and I think you can't make a conclusion on it's flex characteristics just based on the details you have - for that you'd probably have to compare them side by side.

If you do want to be sure of getting more flex, why not take a K1 with an S1 chassis (which is a glass fibre chassis I believe)?

3D Printing Upgrade Parts - FF210 Buggy
Old 17-02-2014

Ive just got my new K1 Aero on Thursday, and completed the build over the weekend, now just awaiting the SP 6.5 motor and ESC arriving to finish it off

This is my first buggy for competing that Ive bought in about 10 years as just returning to the sport. I will be mainly racing on an indoor sports hall surface, which looks very slippery. Anyone got any tips for a novice to get back up to speed?
Old 17-02-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Has anyone got a mid - low grip astro base setup ?

cheers

Schumacher Cat Xls, Rc10 Team(retired), Mardave Cobra, SST 98 Rally Car, TT02 Rally car, Wpl-c24 and Element Enduro builders kit #71 #deaddogracing

Autocare, unit 5 candleby Court, Cotgrave NG123RT.