Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 02-08-2008

Send a message via Skype™ to westie
Default Pulse Discharging

Hi guys been reading into battery care and came across spintec, said about pulse discharing which increases voltage ect of battery packs, what would be the best pulse discharger to get? as i race 12th oval i need voltage over runtime.

Trinity DPD v2
Spintec Battery manager v2
spintec charger.discharger

any others?

cheers
Old 06-08-2008

Default spintec products

we have been using the spintec product since they arrived in the uk, they are the best i have ever used. absolutely the best equipment for your cells. however the icc charger does not pulse discharge( it charges each cell individually detects by thermal and peak cut off so you never over charge any cell and it will discharge individually but only at a constant current up to 10a. the spintec battery manager discharges at 35 amps pulse and again is fantastic at its purpose but it does not equalise cells. the perfect solution is to use both the icc charger and the battery manager. but this comes at a price!!! you are looking at the thick end of 300quid retail.

as for the trinity machine it is basically a spintec batery manager that equalises as it discharges each cell at 30a pulse

one last bit of info to help you decide the trinity and the spintec charger are configured the opposite way round for the cells ie

spintec trinity
-- -+
- -
- -
-+ --

hope this helps
steve
Reedy
DJ KIRKY