Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 03-08-2008

Send a message via MSN to grindog
Default Speed Passion GT 1.1

Are these as good as people say? interested in getting one but want to be sure first. Has anyone compared to the LRP/Nosram system? If there are any problems with the unit, are schmacher good for support?

thanks, john
Old 03-08-2008
Mad Member

Ive had one for a couple of months now and it has been excellent. No problems what so ever and the hand held programmer is cool!! Would highly recommend it.
Old 03-08-2008

Me too. I went from LRP to SP and I'm in no rush to go back, I've got three GT's and run SP motors as well. Different rotor sizes and spares are readily available.

Andy
Old 07-08-2008

After my Novak SC went up in a cloud of smoke I invested in the Speed Passion 1.1GT, the programmer is excellent and very easy to use. I contacted Schumacher when I bought it to ask about matching the letters or colours to the Noval 6.5 brushless motor, I recieved a reply back within 4 hours - great support.

I would recomend the Speed Pashion SC.
Old 08-08-2008

Just installing mine in the car now and getting a bit of a weird problem.

Wired it all up and set the transmitter and throttle points . - All worked ok (well except for the car going backwards, but that was because I installed the diff wrong.)

The problems occur when I try and program it.
Basically when I use the programmer, it does something to the settings which makes the car apply a short burst of about 50% throttle every time I turn the car on.

It appears to work fine once the receiver has powered up, but is a bit annoying.

Resetting the speedo cures the problem, but obviously loses the speedo settings.

Any suggestions?
Old 08-08-2008

well just tried reprogramming the speedo using just the setting button instead of the programmer unit.

Same result
Old 09-08-2008
oOple Advertiser

are you setting the throttle end points to something other than 100% ?

If so, don't. Set them to 100% and leave them there. You can set EXP etc, but the endpoints should remain at 100%.
Old 09-08-2008

Figured it out. - Not actually the epa, but it was down to transmitter settings.

I have a futaba 3vc - which has a switch for the throttle stick which gives you a choice of a 5:5 or 7:3 split of forward to brake stick travel.

There is also an electronic adjustment (called throttle neutral in the manual) which does the same thing to the throttle travel electronically, but is independant to the stick adjustment. - I've always assumed it should be set to match the switch on the throttle.

Anyway, changing the electronic setting to 5:5 seems to have cured the problem.