Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/18th & Micro stuff > Xray M18T / Pro

Old 20-01-2010

Default M18T Pro electronics???

Hi everyone,

I'm new to 1/18 scale cars. I'm waiting for my M18T Pro to arrive, and wonder what kind of electronics I should put in it...

I will maybe race it (if I find any track here), but will probably more bash it than anything else... I lilke fast stuff, but won't need a silly fast little thing... Speed racing is not my cup of tea

So what king of electronics would you recommend? I'm looking for advices concerning steering servo, ESC/brushless motor combo and LIPO battery... Oh, and what about the gearing???

Do those little Lipo batteries require a special charger? Or will my Turnigy accucell manage the job?

Thanks a lot for your inputs!

Julien
Old 22-01-2010

try uk micro rc forum.
loads of info on there about these.
Old 22-01-2010
Administrator

The pack that Xray sell seems really good, especially if you're not racing since the ESC can't have the reverse disabled. I'm still using the motor that came in that pack - ok it's not quite as fast as the top lads running brushless but it's quick.
I'm running a brushed 1/10th scale novak ESC in mine.
I'm also running the xray servo - really quick and never let me down
Old 22-01-2010

Thanks a lot David for the input! I'll have a look at this

Thanks a lot Jimmy too! I've read your very good review of the little beast and it really makes me wish I have it right here right now!!! I've read what you think of the combo, but the motor is brushed, and I don't want maintenance... Oh, almost forgot, I looooove your avatar!!! It's so cute and funny!!!

Thanks a lot once more!

Julien
Old 23-01-2010

Send a message via MSN to Thomas P

Julien, my tip for the day is. For most feeling and low money the eZrun (hobbywing) 25A esc with the 5400 motor or the 7800 is the best buy today if you ask me. around 50$ and a handheld programbox is realy good for it´s tuning.. (same as the speedpassions programbox etc). I have tested the >Tekin,Mamba,Graupner etc, but non of them can compete with the ultra lowbudget eZrun system in feeling and price

A must upgrade is.

Ultra strong "bear thread" to wire the front upper arms, use thin CA glue to get it in place..you will not brek any arms anymore...

Stock plastic shocks are great, but Pro alu shocks allows you to use Duratrax vendetta buggy shock bladers, it will make the shocks 10000 times better...and the affect on the setup is real good. (even the springs, but for the Duratrax miniquake (yellow hard)

My blogg
Old 23-01-2010

Thanks a lot Thomas!!!

The Ezrun was the conclusion I came to whil reading micro rc. I'll probably also get an inolab servo and some Overlanders batteries Which motor would e the best? As I will mostly bash, I think the 7800 would be the right choice to begin with? What pinion should I use?

Thanks a lot for the tip! Very useful if I it allows not to break any arms

I will probably upgrade to alloy shocks, but probably only after putting some steel diffs... I have first to see how it handles.

Thanks a lot once again!

Julien