Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 17-09-2012

Hi Randy,

Just to confirm the software is 223.

The motor is brushed (G2 24T), the input is 4 cell NIMH (4300), I use Forward Brake and delayed Rev.

I have zero brake effect and i also have a problem with acceleration. If i give it full acceleration the esc shows i have full throttle (full flashing lights on the esc) but with no output at the motor. If i very slowly accelerate i can achieve full throttle.

Yes the ESC is showing brake movement.

Any help would be appreciated.

**EDIT**

The esc performs well with the same setup with the voltage switched to 2s and a 2s lipo. It must be something to do with the 4 cell input voltage?

Last edited by f888fhw; 17-09-2012 at 11:15 AM. Reason: added info
Old 17-09-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Are you hitting the voltage cut off for 2S? For brushed operation on 4cell, you still have to either disable voltage cutoff or make it 1S. You really need hotwire to do these changes, and it would be worthwhile moving to an older software version, which works better/faster for brushed.

I found my rs with a brushed motor and 4 cells worked fine when I put older software on, and removed the voltage cut off.
Also, are you using motor posts A and C?
I found the best brushed performance was using a tekin fxr on brushed only esc, but again for 4cell operation its best on older software. I can give you version numbers if you need.

I've now moved to 13.5t/1S Lipo on the RS now for my Gt12 racing, but brushed will perform well if you persevere.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 17-09-2012

Voltage cut off is disabled

I am using motor posts A & C on the esc

Let me know the best software and ill be able to get it changed the next time i'm at the club.

I'm going to try it with a 2s lipo just to see if it is the same or any of the problems go away.

What booster are you using for the 13.5 option? Could you post a picture of the booster setup. This is an option that i would like to get to when funds are free.

Last edited by f888fhw; 17-09-2012 at 03:40 PM. Reason: added info
Old 18-09-2012

Send a message via Yahoo to Randy p

The 4 cell may be causing the issue. You can test this using a receiver pack quickly.
Old 23-09-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Tekin RS (not Pro) faulty?

It'll take settings for 212 & 223, either 'Blinky' or timed/boosted via the hotwire but the esc won't let the motor get rev out. Runs about 2/3rd's the pace of when running 13.5 blinky.

Changed power cap, sensor lead, batteries to no avail

It won't work in 2s but with a booster wired in it'll do 1s

Any ideas?
CFR RCTV Channel
Glenn Atterton

BRCA 2005 1/10th Off-Road Veterans Champion
LMP12 National Champion 2003/2004 / F3 class
Old 23-09-2012

Default servo?

hi buddy long shot but my tekin went mad when i had a ace servo off it , disconnect servo and re calibrate radio
Old 23-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideshowbob View Post
hi buddy long shot but my tekin went mad when i had a ace servo off it , disconnect servo and re calibrate radio
I'll try. I'm using a KO 949 ICS in GT12 with it. Same servo has no issue with spare Tekin I wired up though.
CFR RCTV Channel
Glenn Atterton

Old 24-09-2012

Send a message via Yahoo to Randy p

1/12 scale? Are you using a booster or RX pack?
Old 24-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy p View Post
1/12 scale? Are you using a booster or RX pack?
with Booster

GT12 is a new 12th class in the UK with both Mardave and Schumacher making chassis for the class

https://www.facebook.com/groups/336445139755237/
CFR RCTV Channel
Glenn Atterton

Old 15-10-2012
Mad Member

service question, hope someone could share some light.

I followed the TEKIN-faq's about what to do when sending back an ESC (or actually three of them, all RS Pro's) to be serviced.
One was fried when making error on battery-connection, two othersz went bananas after about 10 years of flawless use.

Rather then buying new ones, I thought it would be a good idea to send them back to be serviced.
So filled in the (European) service-form, printed it out and did send the three ESC's back follwing the Tekin-rulez.

That was a couple of weeks ago. Does anyone know if I can contact Tekin Europe, or if they will contact me, just to know if the shipment arrived allright, what the status is?

Reason: I need a new speedo for my supastox and would prevent having to buy a new cheap one, if I could also use the refurbished serviced Tekin-ESC's.

THX in advance for all info.

Ludo
Old 15-10-2012

Question Redline shims?

Iv'e got a 7.5t reline motor and the big bearing kept popping out when ever i revved the motor.
I opened it up to have a look and there wasn't any shims behind the bearings.

Where can i get some shims from?

Steve
Old 23-10-2012

I have an RS Pro with a Redline 8.5 motor in a DEX210, and would like to limit the throttle strength (limit top speed) for my local indoor (carpet) season. Can I do this? I looked through the Hotwire options but nothing obvious stood out. I can do this quite easily in my DEX410's Viper unit (in a setting called "Forward Power").
Kyosho USA-1
Axial Scorpion
Axial Exo
Team Durango DEX210
Team Durango DEX410 2010
Tamiya XV-01 Pro
Team Durango DEX408v2
Schumacher K1
Schumacher KF
Yokomo B-Max IV.3 Factory
Kyosho Turbo Optima Mid
Old 23-10-2012

Limiter would reduce 'punch' and gearing would limit top end.
Old 23-10-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerCow View Post
I have an RS Pro with a Redline 8.5 motor in a DEX210, and would like to limit the throttle strength (limit top speed) for my local indoor (carpet) season. Can I do this? I looked through the Hotwire options but nothing obvious stood out. I can do this quite easily in my DEX410's Viper unit (in a setting called "Forward Power").
I do just this for my indoor track, but It's a transmitter setting, not on the esc. Basically I set my throttle end point to 50-70% of the full speed setting which never allows the esc to get to full power. I get to the best setting after a few practice laps at 70%, then reduce a bit more if its still too powerful for the track.

for small track indoors, I tend to gear down a few cogs, and I run 70 on the current limiter set in hotwire. I also take off any timing advance and boost, as its not needed.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 27-10-2012

Default base or starting point setup

hi guys and Mr Randy.

i have an AE rc8b E.

i have just ordered the rx8 esc and the T8 2650.

the 2 tracks i race on are very rough and greasy and the other is nice and smooth and full of grip (the second one is astro) .

what base settings do you think i need to set it all at to get me going.

i like smooth pull away and then the power can kick in almost at the end.

i am still very much learning to race.

i hope whaty i asked makes a lot of sence.

cheers
levon

btw.

lipos used is 2 x 2s 5500 50a - 100a

16/46
Old 27-10-2012

That's one hell of a motor to race with, is for a truggy? I have the 1900kv motor and it's more than quick enough for a buggy.
PS, what's the astro track your racing at? Swindon? I take it the other track is Clanfield.
Old 28-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger5 View Post
That's one hell of a motor to race with, is for a truggy? I have the 1900kv motor and it's more than quick enough for a buggy.
PS, what's the astro track your racing at? Swindon? I take it the other track is Clanfield.
You are right in saying clanfield... The other is south coast rc club.

The tekin web site said with 4s i need that motor so i got it. And it is for my buggy. i am chatting to a few guys and i want ro try abur out as eell as scrcc is about the same as adur
Old 28-10-2012

Where on the website does it reccomend the 2650 motor ??? It may be suitable for 4 cell rather than 6 cell etc. but not sure it would be the preferred choice in 4 cell. I have run the 1900, 2050 & 2650kv motors with 4 cell and this year i havent used anything other than the 1900. 2650 will be good 'fun' but too much for proper racing unless you really slow things down with current limiter and throttle profile's etc.

QUOTE=levontraut;708121]You are right in saying clanfield... The other is south coast rc club.

The tekin web site said with 4s i need that motor so i got it. And it is for my buggy. i am chatting to a few guys and i want ro try abur out as eell as scrcc is about the same as adur[/QUOTE]
Old 29-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlowS View Post
Where on the website does it reccomend the 2650 motor ??? It may be suitable for 4 cell rather than 6 cell etc. but not sure it would be the preferred choice in 4 cell. I have run the 1900, 2050 & 2650kv motors with 4 cell and this year i havent used anything other than the 1900. 2650 will be good 'fun' but too much for proper racing unless you really slow things down with current limiter and throttle profile's etc.

there was a big picture that showed what to do... but after reading some of the things... the motor is definatly going to be too big for most of the tracks... clanfield however will be fine... so at the end of november, i will buy myself the 1900 or there about to slow things down for the other tracks i am planning to go too.

now to my original question....

Quote:
Originally Posted by levontraut View Post
hi guys and Mr Randy.

i have an AE rc8b E.

i have just ordered the rx8 esc and the T8 2650.

the 2 tracks i race on are very rough and greasy and the other is nice and smooth and full of grip (the second one is astro) .

what base settings do you think i need to set it all at to get me going.

i like smooth pull away and then the power can kick in almost at the end.

i am still very much learning to race.

i hope whaty i asked makes a lot of sence.

cheers
levon

btw.

lipos used is 2 x 2s 5500 50a - 100a

16/46

does anyone have an answer to my question please?? now knowing it is over kill the motor... does anyone have suggestions to my setup.. and i think i might have to go down a pinion... but then keeping it ig will also help to slow wheel spin down as it is more stress on the motor but the temps will go up.... any ideas??

cheers
levon
Old 29-10-2012
Mad Member

Where is the cheapest place to buy a Tekin RS and 8.5t redline motor in the UK?