Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > North East

Old 03-05-2006
Grammarator

Send a message via Skype™ to emzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl
more entertainment=more crashing
Haha, me and Vicky could manage that!
Old 03-05-2006
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

How about having the Reedy format but with normal grid starts, grid positions being picked at random?

I'm up for building some ramps if someone can supply some el cheapo plywood.

VERMIIIIIN!!!!
Old 05-05-2006

Hi chaps
Sounds like a great idea, i'll ask at Teesside on Sat night to see if i can drum up some interest.
Couple of questions though,
Will it be 2wd, 4wd or both? We had 18 members in 2wd & only 5 or 6 in 4wd at Bury so 2wd would be better for our members (& more may come to Castle Howard)
If you run Reedy/interclub format (which will be great) will you do staggered starts like at the interclub events? eg i'm F5 & if i start off alongside Northy, Rich Lowe, Tom Cockerill etc i'll get whooped, wheras if i get a decent head start at least you lot might have to work a bit before you pass me!!!
Only asking because most of the Teeside lads are F5 or F4 and wont stand a chance against you superstars which might put them off a bit.
Old 07-05-2006

Been following this with interest - we did a similar thing a few years ago at the great north Motorshow at (the then) Lambton Lion Park - turned out to be a great event to get the public interested.
The one we did was over 3 days so we had 2 days of qualifying and 1 of Finals - ending up with a 'Grand Final' where we took the winner of every Final (ie A thro E F G or whatever) and actuall worked out the starting grid based on results.
We ended up with the A final winner going off around 5 laps after the last winner - in the end - all finished on the same lap!!

Couple of pointers for you (some of which have been mentioned)

1. Get some info printed up with a little bit about the sport, the BRCA and Club Details for North East Clubs.

2. Contact Mike Chilvers (BRCA Pro) see if he can loan some banners or BRCA info - also publicise it on the BRCA 'Shows' calendar

3. Make sure you have a reasonable sound system

4. Commentary! you need it for every race to explain what is going on. This is different to a club/regional meeting!

5. Safety Notices and fence around the track (sample notices in Club Manual on BRCA site)

Apart from that - enjoy it - sounds like it will be a great event, and hopefully and annual one (mmm Regional next year???)
Old 08-05-2006

Graham
Spoke to lads at Teeside on Saturday night & about 8-10 seem pretty keen to do this event (all in 2wd) & i havent spoke to all of them yet so may hopefully persuade a few more. Any chance you can get a flyer or entry form in time for Batley regional so i can spread the word at our club?
Also, can anyone tell me if Batley are running an outdoor meeting this Sunday 14th May as some of the lads fancied a day out at a differant track.
Thanks
Old 08-05-2006
Super Moderator

Barry, I'll see what I can do!

Thanks for your help.

G
Old 10-05-2006
Mad Member

I am up for this if I can make but back of holiday the day before depends how tired I am What about a long jump competition during the break at lunch or you could do three round one mid morning dinner and mid afternoon.(With the cars that is).
Old 13-05-2006

Send a message via AIM to notlawnomis Send a message via MSN to notlawnomis Send a message via Yahoo to notlawnomis

I know its been said, but is this meeting definately going ahead. Just we're thinking of booking a couple of pitches on their caravan site, if it is???
Old 13-05-2006
Super Moderator

Yes, this meeting is going ahead.

I am hoping that we (York club) will be having a commitee meeting one night this next week to sort out the finer details.

If you have any more questions, please post them here so we can sort them out at the meeting.

Thanks

G