Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > S-Workz

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-02-2016
Spends too long on oOple ...

Default Sworkz 12M your differences to kit versions

Just out of curiosity im interested to know what issues you had and what upgrades you have done to resolve. It could be using brass or aloy front wishbone mount for more steering, shorter wheel base because of etc etc.

Me ive added the same servo as put into Kev's car as its heavier. Ive opted for a straight steering tie rods ball joints and put smaller joints and balls so i can reverse on steering plate. Ive cut away the centre section on the battery strap holder and placed esc in centre and wires go centrally over battery. Ive dremelled a hole on either side of the esc brace so the sensor wire can be fed through and made tidier so it goes in the wire section in the side wall of chassis plus other side ive fed the capacitor through which also makes neater and moves the weight where i want it. All wires for receiver neatly sit in front of esc and behind servo. Added washers ontop of knuckles to stop play. Added schumacher slipper pads along with hardened idler gear. Think the angle on the tie rods on the rear isnt right so drawn up a new rear tower and aiming to get made next month. Also filed away end section of plastic chassis rail to get access to the motor screws
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS

Last edited by Welshy40; 24-02-2016 at 04:53 PM.