Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Trade Room > For Sale

Old 19-01-2013
Mad Member

Exclamation DONATION? TO KEEP OOPLE TOP CLASS?

I Know this is not a for sale, or a wanted as such. SO.
Col etc move to where you think its best

BUT

Who, is willing to donate £1 to help this most awesome RC forum, the best known to man woman and child across the world. STAY the best.

Many or few may be aware of the evening time issue with accessing the site. UK time.

I know that Jimmy/Vicky have other work etc to do and its left to the moderators, inc Gainsy and Col. to keep the pages in check.

But sadly oople is a victim of its own success. Meaning that so many RC lovers access the site in the evening, It just cant cope with the traffic.

SO. who, of you awesome RC people are willing to donate £1 or more(no set fee, this is a donation request) to keep this fantastic forum the top of its class and mean it can stay the BEST RC Forum on the planet!
This is NOT a request for cash page, It is just a request for those that are willing to donate a quid or more. as a way to see who loves the forum and let Jimmy/Vicky will see how much we love what they do, and the Moderators as well. to keep this site the way it is!

Col, Gainsy, please copy this to the pages you feel its best suited. I know you will do whats best.........................
Tartman...................... Out.................

I HAVE DONATED MY £5 TO OOPLE.

THE DONATE VIA PAYPAL LINK IS NOW AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE ON THE YELLOW BAR!!!!!
2013 & 2014 OOPLE INVERNATIONAL
BEER RACE RUNNER UP!

FEEDBACK LINK =

Last edited by TARTMAN; 19-01-2013 at 06:51 PM. Reason: adding info.
Old 19-01-2013
Administrator

Thanks mate, I'd just like to say that I don't have a job any longer - I've chosen oople over money and the oOple series and Invernational are wholly seperate from me/us financially (they are 100% non-profit and money is controlled by some nutter - Sxx Evxxx) we put everything back into the races for those.
The advertising really helps but whilst other websites actually make a good amount of cash from advertising - I really don't want to go that way with oople as I wouldn't want to sell out (my ass) in that way. I want to do the best stuff seen and make people happy / laugh / vomit / sex themselves - this is what makes it worth more than my career in whatever industry.

Racing toy cars is ace - I want to make sure people know this.

British oOple Racing Association - like a VW BORA. Next project
Old 19-01-2013
Super Moderator

Well done Tartman for posting this, we all know Jimmy is way too much of a decent bloke to ask for donations to the site so good on ya for doing it, for me a world without oople or Jimmy in it isn't worth thinking about so as Tartman says if your willing to donate a quid to help us improve the site for you all then it would be greatly appreciated
Count me in, i will stick in a fiver
Old 19-01-2013

Default donation

ware can we send the money
Old 19-01-2013
Super Moderator

For the time being this is to gauge interest & get reactions, im sure Jimmy will stick up a link to the paypal soon
Thanks for supporting us
Old 19-01-2013

Default donations

as most everybody uses oople including all the clubs to organise and book in and see whats going on and stuff, the clubs have an oople night and everybody could opt to pay an extra pound to race to give to oople if they wanted. Just a thought.
Old 19-01-2013

Default DONATIONS

+1 TO ALL THE ABOVE!

I have not been racing for very long, without the help of the oOple community and all the amazing info available I would not have enjoyed our amazing hobby half as much as I have. As a newbie it was indispensable as a resource and its an incredible community I'm proud to be part of

Just wondered if it would be possible to set a system in the FOR SALE section so sales contribute to the running of the site....not an ebay clone as such but would raise some cash for hosting & importantly it would be a constant source allowing the guys an easier task of juggling everything! As I said its just an idea!!
Keep up the good work, it really is appreciated!!
Old 19-01-2013
Mad Member

I'd be quite happy to pay some kind of yearly subscription for this site, its been an invaluable source if information and help to me over the years. I'm sure other oople users would have no hesitation either. I don't know what the exact membership is Jimmy but if everyone paid £10 or so for a year then I'm sure most people would be happy to do so for such a great site.
Old 19-01-2013
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to danDanEFC

I am sure most people would happily stick an few quid in a hat, for oOple.

I have got more info from here than from any other site/publication.
Old 19-01-2013
Mad Member

Im up for a donation to keep oople improving

yes access is poor at night but i take it thats because its so popular

victim of its own success

keep it up please Jimmy

fid and fid Junior
Old 19-01-2013

Having owned and managed a couple of large forums on varying interests I feel your pain. We ended up going for a 'members area' where if you paid £x a mount a year in subscription it gave you a seperate area with certain perks.

Subscriptions are easy to setup in the software with a paypal option (we offered cheque payments too but this became a pain).

Adding the new area costs nothing and it makes the donations/payers feel like they have got something for their money ....

just an idea
Old 19-01-2013

Count me in for this too, my return to racing has been improved with this site and I've found some great places to race( shrccc ,Herts rccc) and made some good friends from it also.

jk
Old 19-01-2013

Great idea, £1 sounds like the bargain of the year. How about a charge of 50p per for sale ad?
Old 19-01-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Yes more than happy to donate to keep this fine site at its maximum best!

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 19-01-2013

Count me in.. Total noobie but without Oople I'd have been lost.

On other forums I've subbed to they placed a avatar style bade under username and sent out a couple of window stickers ( MDOC delica car club ). That would be kinda cool...as I'd like a sticker or two ;-)

Ebay Feedback http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/chrisfoster1971
Old 19-01-2013

I'd rather spend 2 pounds on a donation to Ooople than sticking 2 quid on the lottery , gives me far more satisfaction and i know i've a better return on smiles!

Just tell me where to donate.
Old 19-01-2013

Yep definitely, I've sold (and bought) a few quids worth of stuff on here so definitely owe Oople one.
Old 19-01-2013
Mad Member

+1

personally i think a £10 per annum membership is very reasonable, could be offset against small discounts on oOple merchandise/stickers etc or priority access to reports.

As much as Jimmy and crew do it for the love, there are costs involved in bringing the top reports and i dont think its selling out to charge a small fee... a lot of us bought the magazines when it was the only outlet and we get a lot more on here!

Clubs gain trade through this site and we all benefit from the trade section.

I think listing in the for sale thread should be paid members only, its a very busy thread so a lot of us are benefiting from very quick realistic valued sales without ebay fees, having to pay a subscription fee to sell should discourage scammers too.
Old 19-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordnikon View Post
Having owned and managed a couple of large forums on varying interests I feel your pain. We ended up going for a 'members area' where if you paid £x a mount a year in subscription it gave you a seperate area with certain perks.

Subscriptions are easy to setup in the software with a paypal option (we offered cheque payments too but this became a pain).

Adding the new area costs nothing and it makes the donations/payers feel like they have got something for their money ....

just an idea
agree with the above , i have been on a few forums to that have basic limited sections for those guys that are just browsing and not actually paid members who can access the site.

i think this would be a good idea even if it was a fiver for a year to become a full member of oople to use its services.

it would help with the site speed at night and stop all the free romours out there.

As for donations ill be in. await paypal address..

2002, 3 , 4
B.R.C.A Scottish indoor TC champion.
2005......... B.R.C.A Open modified Scottish TC champion.
2011....... Scottish Indoor OFF-ROAD champion.
2012 ......... Scottish SORC Off-Road Runner up.

My oOple Trader feedback http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84630
Old 19-01-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frecklychimp View Post
+1

personally i think a £10 per annum membership is very reasonable, could be offset against small discounts on oOple merchandise/stickers etc or priority access to reports.

As much as Jimmy and crew do it for the love, there are costs involved in bringing the top reports and i dont think its selling out to charge a small fee... a lot of us bought the magazines when it was the only outlet and we get a lot more on here!

Clubs gain trade through this site and we all benefit from the trade section.

I think listing in the for sale thread should be paid members only, its a very busy thread so a lot of us are benefiting from very quick realistic valued sales without ebay fees, having to pay a subscription fee to sell should discourage scammers too.
I agree a subscription would be fine by me!!!