Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > East of England

Old 31-03-2013

Default Regional rep????!

Ok, i started racing regionals last season and enjoyed the friendly atmosphere, i have done rally x nationals for around 10 years, happy to qualify and would consider it a success if i bumped up a final or two..i have been on a committee of a local indoor club for over 20 years, i help organise and run a model week holiday for around 7years. so when the chance to help our region when, and lets not forget the rep run off with all of the regions money leaving it in a bit of a state. I had to arrange the round trophies, sort out a regional bank account, which took many weeks to find a suitable one, along with ben had numerous e mails to the brca trying to recover the regions funds. over the winter months i have had numerous e mails to our regions clubs trying to get as good and many venues to spread the series around the region.last year everyone complained there were not enough venues, so i tried to make this as good a series as possible. At the agm and after there was so many complaints about the price increase so i listened and gave you a cheap days racing, i admitted on oversight on my part, the rules have been with the brca for years 4 qualifiers and 3leg A finals, i do prefer 3leg finals for all finals but with the current entry list we simply do not have time. At future rounds we can be more mindful of this and accommodate this. I have devoted so much time as im sure many club officials do up and down the country, the last thing i have wanted to do is upset or annoy people of which there seems to be many. i do this hobby for the love of it, its not ment to be a serious sport, there are many things in life that are serious but racing model cars should not be one of them. i was looking forward to a good days racing tomorrow and bring funds to our regions clubs, sadly now i am looking at a lot of negitative comments. there for if someone feels they can and want to do a better job then i will gladly hand over the chance to you and you can run it.
Old 31-03-2013
Mad Member

I know for a fact Colin you've done a great job the last 8 months or so, this will all pass over pretty quickly, probably wouldn't have happened like this if the first round wasn't where we'd get drivers from a different region joining (not that that's a bad thing), pushing the numbers up a bit, that will probably only happen again at Herts.
Old 31-03-2013

Thumbs up agree

You are doing a great job Colin. no worries there, its just there's is bigger than ours.....n it wont b a problem after rd1.
Old 31-03-2013
Mad Member

Your doing a top job Colin

Afterall round 1 has the highest driver entry for an East of England regional for many many years which must say something about what your doing for the region.

I appreciate and know the time you put into organising the regional series.

See you bright and early tomorrow.

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors

Click any of the above to head to the website!
Old 31-03-2013

As above, it's a thankless task that only a brave man would take on

You've had to deal with a problem which was really a no win situation for yourself...

I might have one less race tomorrow, might have one more. Worse things will happen
Old 01-04-2013

[QUOTE=Chesty;761408]As above, it's a thankless task that only a brave man would take on

You've had to deal with a problem which was really a no win situation for yourself...

[/QUOTE

]