Shlongy BRS = Sam Gibbons from Pendle track
Old 22-03-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Ah cool, cheers Kev.
Old 22-03-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislong View Post
Hey BRS, I didn't notice any Elecy 8ths going around , how did you do? You should have come over and said hello, im new to 8th so its nice to meet people.

I was using Silver compound Minispikes, I didn't try Yellows. I put Silvers on whilst it was damp in the morning, and it was fantastic, then when it dried it was still great - I saw people with Yellows having more grip than I wanted, so I stuck with Silvers. Then in the A final, as it rained 15 minutes in, I didn't break traction! Not until it became very wet, but even then it was okay driving 10% slower (and the result showed it, )
Hi Chris,

So you enjoyed running the silvers then very interesting that is
I'm going for the yellows but maybe get silvers now seeing what feedback you gave back.
Colin R mate of mine has gone for the silvers for this weekend.
Really need to do some back to back with these two compounds.

Be nice to hear other ppl's input on them too.

You still running next weekend at Stoke

Kyosho MP9 TKI2
Team Orion CRF US edition & Team Orion CRF Alpha 5port
Kyosho ZX-5 FS2
Kyosho RB5 SP2
LRP SXX TC & Brushless X12
Speed Passion
Old 22-03-2010

Chris your car was awesome with the Silvers on, I'm glad these worked well and need to try Silver's.

The Silvers are currently out with Schumacher meaning we won't see them for another week at the most, they say the tyres do come back into stock quite regularly , the Yellow's are in stock with them though and will be back mid week.
Old 22-03-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to dave g

i had yellows chris and they seemed to catch every bump and rut known to man lol.
i think they need more trimming off or use the silvers as you did.

worn and cut minipins in the final did not make for easy motoring, as soon as 2 drops of rain fell it was game over and i just went backwards
Old 22-03-2010

Send a message via MSN to BRS

Quote:
Hey BRS, I didn't notice any Elecy 8ths going around , how did you do? You should have come over and said hello, im new to 8th so its nice to meet people.

I was using Silver compound Minispikes, I didn't try Yellows. I put Silvers on whilst it was damp in the morning, and it was fantastic, then when it dried it was still great - I saw people with Yellows having more grip than I wanted, so I stuck with Silvers. Then in the A final, as it rained 15 minutes in, I didn't break traction! Not until it became very wet, but even then it was okay driving 10% slower (and the result showed it, )
Yeah ment to say hello but had a very busy day, with my lad trying to run his electric (Duracell) Caster Truggy that broke, trying to fix it tweek my car and marshaling and throwing Crompy on I didnt get chance to sit down

They put me in heat 2 so that I could stand with the lad in his heat I qualied 10th in the A with to many mistakes and traffic in my group (any excuse lol)

Got a complete sh1tter of a start and slowly worked through to 5th at the end. Not sure it was you but a red ish car came past lapping towards the end of the final and I then passed it back as it pitted ...(blue and white mbx6 skin car making no noise)?

I tell you what was funny the level the noise dropped too after the rain all the nitro lads desperate to find some grip being alot more careful on the gas hehe
Old 22-03-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Yeh I came around lapping a few, I didn't make a fuss about it as everyone was being kind and clean . Mine was the red, white & blue Kyosho MP9 with black wing and white wheels. Everyone was quite evenly matched, so there were some cars I never shared the same piece of track with - such as Dave Grunill, was in same heat and final, but except for the start I never saw his car all day!!!

Yeh i was lucky, as I know Crompy dropped out when it rained, and I was lucky at the start too sneaking down the inside to take 2nd place when the cars infront tangled briefly. Id been keeping it on its wheels trying to not let Crompy pull too far away, he's a better driver than me ofcause, but when he pulled out it left me with a bit of a lead which was very nice indeedy.

So were you they guy in the Merc Sprinter?

Give Silvers a try, I have a feeling we'll be using these more than yellows. I unfortunately have far more yellows than silvers. I reckon Yellows will come in on shorter pile astro like Stoke (Sloppy looked good on them), and on short/worn grass such as PRCC summer track. I'll try them at Frankley next week if its dry.
Old 22-03-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave g View Post
i had yellows chris and they seemed to catch every bump and rut known to man lol.
i think they need more trimming off or use the silvers as you did.

worn and cut minipins in the final did not make for easy motoring, as soon as 2 drops of rain fell it was game over and i just went backwards
Silvers feel like 10th buggy Greens to the touch, so I was suprised they were so good in the dry. They were fine in the moist, but wet started letting go but only as much as Angles would have done. Ive now worn the edges off the spikes, they'll now be fine for dry astro, wet Astro id be tempted to put new on for the edges. Yellows I expect to wear a lot slower -- anyone confirm this?
Old 22-03-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to dave g

i would say so chris,yellow mini pins seem to last forever,i guess mine must be 12 months old.

the pins had no grip in the wet chris..i have 3 rows off the outside and 2 off the inside cut off so they might as well have been slicks,crompys tyres didnt work in the wet and he couldnt stay with me,thats how bad his were.

coming onto the straight i was barely able to keep out of pitlane i was understeering so much,having to give it some gas to provoke it into steering was not good for the rest of the straight..having a tank slapper on for most of it lol

but good win for you
Old 22-03-2010

Quote:

So were you they guy in the Merc Sprinter?
Thats the one, with the awning on the side, ah yes I remeber seeing the MP9 at some point.

What sort of lap times were you running in the final Chris? Can you remember the finishing order was it

1 Chris Long
2 ?
3 Neil Burdess?
4 Dave Grunhill
5 Sam Gibbons
6 ?
Old 22-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave g View Post
the pins had no grip in the wet chris..i have 3 rows off the outside and 2 off the inside cut off so they might as well have been slicks,crompys tyres didnt work in the wet and he couldnt stay with me,thats how bad his were.

coming onto the straight i was barely able to keep out of pitlane i was understeering so much,having to give it some gas to provoke it into steering was not good for the rest of the straight..having a tank slapper on for most of it lol

but good win for you
Same her Dave my knackered mini pins have the same setup, the electric is a little more controlable than nitro though and I was quite enjoying the slippery conditions.
Old 22-03-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I went to investigate my lap times but the printer wasn't working, so I couldn't see. , I was interested to see how mine compared to Cromptons and to Greenhoughs.

I know I went 20 seconds quicker in round 1, than what I ever went with the Xray. The MP9 is just so dialled, but I never paid attention to the lap times then
Old 22-03-2010

nick simpson was 2nd and wayne eley 6th iirc
Old 22-03-2010

Nick Simpson and Shaun Gibba Gibson had to go early and cleared off before the final Kev so he'd do well to take 2nd?

Did Pete Watt not finish? I'd managed to dip into the 44's in the final which was alot quicker than I'd gone in qualy but with the heavy 20min BRICK lipo on board it fell over alot in the process

I think Richard Greenough was struggling in the final I yo-yo'd up and down past him as I made mistakes. Think he was finding a long lay off and new car taking some gettig used too.
Old 22-03-2010

Didnt see nick bugger off!!! you could be right about watty getting second
Old 22-03-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Yeh I think it was Pete Watt.

What was the turnout, there was a lot there!
Old 22-03-2010

dunno well over 50 i think poss over 60. I do know we had to squeeze them cars in tho!!! never seen it so full, AND the cafe ran out of food!!!!
Old 22-03-2010

Send a message via MSN to birdy

Guy's Results will be up in the next two hours, just got home from work.

Yep what a day, wish all club days could be like that, think we had 65 in total.

www.bmrcc.co.uk
Old 22-03-2010

oops wrong thread!!
Old 22-03-2010

Send a message via MSN to birdy

Results are now online

http://www.nnrc.info/race-results/winter0910/round-6/

www.bmrcc.co.uk