Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > North West

Old 23-05-2011

Thanks to all at South Lakes for your efforts in some changeable weather conditions. Those who stayed seemed to enjoy the day. The track dried out pretty quickly really considering how hard the showers were on a couple of occasions. Thanks to Carl Latham for use of the airline, really helped to get the worst of the crap off in the early rounds.

Old 23-05-2011

Thanks to almost everyone that came, and stuck it out early on when the weather looked like it might get the better of us, i know we had a couple of hickups, but for a club with only 10 or 12 members i think we did ok, the track was good fun, even after most of the grass had been removed!
Thanks to bury for the loan of the extra set of transponders
and No Thanks at all to the group on the field at the far end of the carpark who decided to leave all there crap for us to pick up
Old 23-05-2011

absolute top day the weather was poor but i think that made the track and the days racing very interesting with the track conditions and grip levels changing all day,loved the track with all its different levels and hills will def be racing there again,thanks alot southlakes MCC
Old 23-05-2011

Thanks very much to all at SLMCC, i really enjoyed the day and the challenging track.
Only my second time on grass, and thoroughly enjoyed the challenge and the 'challenging' conditions.
Old 23-05-2011

Just wondering if the overall results for the North West Region be published after South Lakes or will it be the end of the season? I am a newbie to North West so not sure how it works. In the mid west they have a site where they update after each round. Just wondering if there is similar in Northwest.

I posted on here before South Lakes and John Price suggested sending pm to Stu Evans. Don't really want to mither but it'd be nice to see where we all stand.

Cheers

Old 23-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugboy View Post
Just wondering if the overall results for the North West Region be published after South Lakes or will it be the end of the season? I am a newbie to North West so not sure how it works. In the mid west they have a site where they update after each round. Just wondering if there is similar in Northwest.

I posted on here before South Lakes and John Price suggested sending pm to Stu Evans. Don't really want to mither but it'd be nice to see where we all stand.

Cheers
yeah no what you are saying pugboy we def need to see a points position listing soon for the NW regionals.
Old 23-05-2011
Mad Member

In previous years they have been posted on Southports results pages.
Before that it was NorthernRacer, but thats been down some time.

Quote:

Cheers
Old 23-05-2011
Super Moderator

We should see them soon, worry not
Old 23-05-2011
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

[QUOTE=Dianne;505207]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom3012 View Post

You say 'them from the NE' - you do not know where drivers live and the reasons for them choosing which region they want to race in. Could be a number of reasons eg

NW regionals are run on a Sunday whereas the NE have been run on Saturday and Sunday (until this year when they are trying 2 of the meetings on 1 day).

Some drivers like to race with friends they have met through racing but do not live in the same region.

Distance in miles for travelling - some drivers may live nearer to the venues that are running meetings in the NW although your home postcode does not determine where you can race - it is a personal choice!

Batley track is approximately same number of miles to the west of the country as it is to the east of the country but drivers do not travel from the Batley track they travel from home which could be even nearer to some of the venues.

From Batley track (WF15 6LW) the distance in miles to the clubs in both regions is:

Keighley - 16 miles
Bury - 34 miles
Southport - 74 miles
South Lakes - 100 miles

RHR - 50 miles
South Shields - 115 miles
Stannington - 125 miles
Teesside - 85 miles (no regional this year)

Increased attendance at the meetings gives more income to the clubs as drivers will come to the clubs to practice before a regional and once they have been to the meeting may enjoy it enough to come back and race there again.

It also increases the income to the club on the day of the regional. I am sure that if you ask those who run the clubs whether they would prefer a regional with 40 drivers at a fee of £7 or one with 120 drivers the majority would say 120. Clubs welcome the extra income to help with the day-to-day running of the clubs. I do not know whether you are involved with the running of a club but you would appreciate the importance of this if you were.

It also gives drivers the opportunity for more competitive racing - the race times at the Batley meeting were so close that a fraction of a second often determined the points for the round.

It is only a few years ago that attendance in the NW regionals was very poor and this has gradually increased. Instead of 'ruffling feathers' as you put it - embrace the fact that drivers want to race in the region - it helps the clubs survive!
Dianne please do me a favour and change your quote you have made it look like Matthew made that statement, its toms original statement
Old 23-05-2011

A big well done to the southlakes crew, shame the weather didnt favour you guys but well done all the same.
Old 23-05-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to Tom3012

Thought i might get my head bitten off... Like i said previously, i dont have a problem with it, was more jus a question of curiosity to the reason behind it!

I didnt realise that NE regionals were a two day thing so fair enough to the people who come over here for those reasons...

Ill repeat, in no way was i complaining about people from the NE racing over this way, hope thats clear...

Atomic Carbon S2, S44, Vega B4.1

Trader feedback: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19374
Old 23-05-2011
Mad Member

On a different note, great day! Really enjoyed it! Thanks to all involved!!

Old 23-05-2011

Despite the weather it was a good days racing.

I always look forward to racing on those natural slopes, its great fun and you seem to make some good lines thorugh them. I reckon bits of the track could of done with being made a bit wider though.

All in all another good meeting from S.Lakes.

Old 23-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom3012 View Post
Thought i might get my head bitten off... Like i said previously, i dont have a problem with it, was more jus a question of curiosity to the reason behind it!

I didnt realise that NE regionals were a two day thing so fair enough to the people who come over here for those reasons...

Ill repeat, in no way was i complaining about people from the NE racing over this way, hope thats clear...
im not having go at you tom, i could see you were just curious
Old 23-05-2011
Mad Member

Still got those big bores carl? How much?

Old 23-05-2011

sorry dude gone pending payment
Old 23-05-2011
Mad Member

Ah well, let me know if they dont sell!

Old 23-05-2011
Admin

Quote:
Just wondering if the overall results for the North West Region be published after South Lakes or will it be the end of the season?
I posted on here before South Lakes and John Price suggested sending pm to Stu Evans.

Cheers
What I actually said was I'd offered to help Stu with compiling the series results (as I'll be involved with the running of a couple of the events), I also said I had then forgotten about this ( sorry everyone )
The S.Lakes guys have sent me the data this morning (thanks guys), so I will try allocate some time to doing this tomorrow
Old 24-05-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

As everybody has already said welldone to the South Lakes crew for even getting us racing due to the weather conditions.

Don't forget " If your ready, were racin "
Old 24-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
What I actually said was I'd offered to help Stu with compiling the series results (as I'll be involved with the running of a couple of the events), I also said I had then forgotten about this ( sorry everyone )
The S.Lakes guys have sent me the data this morning (thanks guys), so I will try allocate some time to doing this tomorrow
Apologies John, I was quoting a response from Eric rather than yourself. You are quite right, Sorry.

Anyway get them sorted!