Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > North West

Old 12-05-2008
Mad Member

Round 3 of the Northwest Regionals is on 18th May at Southport. Hopefully the weather will be better than we had at Bury

Booking in starts at 10:00am & racing starts at 11:00am - you can pre-book by emailing me at info@srcc.co.uk

Please note that the THERE IS TO BE NO PRACTICE UNTIL THE TRACK IS BUILT if you wnt to help build the track to get practice underway a little sooner, please do not hesitate.

There will be practice from around 10:00 until 10:45, or from whenever the track is built until 15mins before heat 1 round 1 s due to start. The cafe will be open from about 9:45 until about 4:00pm, and the usual Cafe goodness will be on offer!

One Last Thing - when driving into and out of the park, the speed limit is 2mph - remember, you are in a public park driving on a narrow footpath - it's not suitable for the speed some of you achieved last time!!!!
Old 12-05-2008
Super Moderator

Chris, do we not use the gate as usual?

G
Old 12-05-2008
Lee-Mag

The field was very muddy last time G and quite cut up by the gate, i still used it though with no problems.

Are you going this week G

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 12-05-2008
#1 ZX5 fan

Can non regionals like me just turn up on the day and race? I won't know in advance if I can make it or not so if pre-booking is essential then I'll know not to plan to try.

Nortech is ACE!
Old 12-05-2008
Lee-Mag

Yes dan you can, you just go in the foreigner heat.

I think you will like my 4wd this sunday

SUPER SEED

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 12-05-2008
Mad Member

G - you can use the gate and drive across the field as normal, but as has been metioned above, the field recently has been very, very muddy and a good number of cars have got very very stuck. SO, if the field is dry, feel free to use the gate, if not you can use the "other" entrance by the gate house.

Dan - yes, you can just turn up and race - you will be entered into to visitors class - pre-booking is not essential, it just helps Eric out on the day!
Old 18-05-2008

Default Results

Results for northwest regional round 3 can be found at
http://www.srcc.co.uk/index.php?pid=136

http://www.srcc.co.uk/index.php?pid=139

http://www.srcc.co.uk/index.php?pid=138

Last edited by Evo_Snr; 19-05-2008 at 04:51 PM. Reason: updated
Old 18-05-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

The track today was awesome, and the meeting ran well

Can't wait to see what changes are put in where the temporary stones are lay, it was nice for the bumps there to be 'taken care of' but those stones don't 'alf kill the tyres.. poor tyres.

Still. Love the track.
Old 18-05-2008
Lee-Mag

I had a good day today, its nice to say that for a change.

Thanks to Tom for the loan of the car, i will start on building min tomorrow

SUPER SEED

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 18-05-2008
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

Track was very technical today and enjoyable too, I agree about the paved stones being an absolute nightmare for tyres, I brought a very near new set of tyres, and a new set I used at the national last weekend, both are now ready to be cut off and binned after only 4 runs each

The middle table top is prooving very useful for various layouts too and makes it far more interesting than just a big lump.
Old 18-05-2008
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to Garry Driffill

Lee does this mean youre signiture needs changing?
Old 19-05-2008
Mad Member

Track was ace, meeting well run as ever.

I did exact same thing Paul, I ran a nearly new set of tyres for practice and rounds 1 and 2. Then a new set for rounds 3 and 4 and they were dead but all i had left for final. both ready for acetoning.

Damn paving
Old 19-05-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislong View Post
The track today was awesome, and the meeting ran well

Can't wait to see what changes are put in where the temporary stones are lay, it was nice for the bumps there to be 'taken care of' but those stones don't 'alf kill the tyres.. poor tyres.

Still. Love the track.
I'm with Chris on this -awesome track layout & well run meeting . Just needs less tyre killing stones & concrete.
Old 19-05-2008

I had a really good day, well done to the club.

I didn't mind the paving as part of the track, just the fact that it screwed tires, but after talking to Chris they are going to look at other ways to stop the grass cutting up.

Well done to all involved
Old 19-05-2008

The Track was ace yesterday, pity i couldn't say ther same about my driving.
Made a couple of wrong set-up choices and my tyre were shot which didn't help, but once changed the car ran well.
But then i just tried over driving it to make up for earlier in the day, and that just doesn't work
Looking forward to the last 3 rounds.
Old 19-05-2008
Mad Member

Glad you all liked the track - there has been a lot of positive comments about it, and a few ideas for improvements of other areas, most noteably "the doubles" and "the bricks". All of the ideas are listened to and comments are taken on board - heck, we even change the track to accomodate the comments/ideas brought forward!

"The doubles" have been reprofiled a couple of times since they were first built to make them more friendly and now "work" in both directions. I have spoken to a few other members and the general concensus is that they are liked as they are, so they will more than likely stay as they are, although I understand the arguements to make them into a table top style for the less-experienced drivers, but on a club day we rarely run them as a double jump, so that problem goes away.

"The bricks" will be replaced with something, not sure what though, as that area of the track is a part that sees lots of acceleration whichever way we run the track, so it probably won't be grass; but we don't really want any more astro-turf either.

The tarmac and concrete sections are there to stay - the tarmac
section may well be re-surfaced (it's seen a LOT of use over the past 10 years or so) but it won't be replaced....

Who hasn't booked in for the Outdoor GP yet - it will be a busy day and as long as we have the weather you will have an excellent track to race on - so if you haven't booked in, you need to do so ASAP!

info@srcc.co.uk is the place to send your details.

Thanks and I hope to see you all at Southport again soon.

Chris
Old 19-05-2008
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

loved it yesterday had a great day, a big well done again to all the southport crew,what about trying to get some deep pile astro to replace the bricks,the concrete tarmac sections could be painted with exterior paint,
Old 19-05-2008

How about something like this, it should give enough traction, whilst still giving some protection to the grass.

Mesh Protected Turf

This system is becoming quite popular with those responsible for overspill car-parking and pedestrian usage at occasional events, with groundsmen looking after areas of lawn, and with caravan/leisure parks, where the natural appearance of grass with the load-carrying ability of a pavement, all at a minimal cost and with little or no construction work required, is very appealling.
Turf Protection Mesh
by Tenax Ltd. The basic premise is that a tough polypropylene or HDPE mesh is laid over an area of turf or grass, and this allows foot-traffic, low-speed cars and vans to use the area without completely ruining the grass. The mesh may need to be anchored to the ground at regular intervals by means of ground pegs, to prevent slippage and to help disperse the loads. The mesh works to protect the grass roots from being damage, to minimise 'pumping' of wet ground, and to avoid rutting of soft spots. The soil type, the type of grass/turf cover and the level of protection required will determine the best mesh to choose for each application, and the better manufacturers have dedicated technical teams to help in identifying the best solution.
For lawned areas, the mesh is simply rolled out over the close-cropped turf, with adjacent rolls overlapping by 150-300mm, and anchored with ground pegs. Any dips, hollows, soft-spots etc, should be levelled out with grit sand or top soil before placing the mesh. Once laid, they can be left in-situ for the season, or even permanently, as most commercial mowers will ride over the embedded mesh without hindrance. For areas with longer grass, the meshes are placed after a mowing, and the grass is allowed to grow up and through the mesh, hiding it from view, yet providing sufficeint stability to permit trafficking.
Old 19-05-2008
Lee-Mag

that would definatley stop it cutting up, and its not like you have to steer much on it so you shouldnt grip roll.

Is it available from keckspeed.com

SUPER SEED

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 19-05-2008

Only if they make it in Blue