Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 26-04-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli4ke View Post
OT-93 Rare? Are they......?
Oosh, now you know the reason why they are so extremely rare, because I have them all......
No wonder we can't find decently priced ones anywhere, :-( lol :-)
Old 27-04-2012
Mad Member

Welsh have you asked is it keith at kamtec if he has any progress on the zxr body ???

mvh Isobarik
Old 27-04-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

I will ask toda about it and the ferrari 250 gto shell for tc
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS
Old 27-04-2012

Default Found it

After reading this thread over the past year I've been looking for my ZXR and finally found it

I used to drive for Ripmax and had a few of them but from what I can remember I only kept 1 car ( maybe I do have some more somewhere), I am yet to come across any spares

So my plan is to strip and rebuild it and use it as there are some clubs now doing a vintage class.

It has a few option and pre prodution parts fitted but also its missing some parts like the wing mount but I believe these are easily found.

I would be grateful for your comments on what other things it made need to bring it up to date and capable of running brushless.

I still race and dont expect it to compare to my Durango but from what I can remember it was a good car.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6972433250_c7468db871_c.jpg (269.1 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg 7118512301_c0a48a4ddb_c.jpg (237.2 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg 6972436710_1ff738ec33_c.jpg (280.7 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg 6972438564_9f14b1a52c_c.jpg (316.4 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg 6972440062_0e30f54889_c.jpg (270.0 KB, 44 views)
Old 27-04-2012

Aside from a gearcover I'd think you're fine. Check the places you'd like to run: most vintage classes have some limitations on the moter
Old 29-04-2012
Mad Member

Default Just bought a ZXR!

I just bought a ZX-R from a fellow oOpler!

Looks like I'll need new wheels/tyres - are the yellow wheels the same as for the ZX5? I notice the part number for the rears has been updated but the fronts are the same as in the ZXR manual? As for tyres, may just use Schum Minispikes.

I'll also be after a shell/undertray/wing and decals so hope Kamtec do start doing a ZXR shell.

Dan
Old 29-04-2012
Mad Member

Try marwanrc on the net...he has vintage kyosho stuff at good prices and may e able to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB4 View Post
I just bought a ZX-R from a fellow oOpler!

Looks like I'll need new wheels/tyres - are the yellow wheels the same as for the ZX5? I notice the part number for the rears has been updated but the fronts are the same as in the ZXR manual? As for tyres, may just use Schum Minispikes.

I'll also be after a shell/undertray/wing and decals so hope Kamtec do start doing a ZXR shell.

Dan
Old 30-04-2012

If your gonna race it get the annsman madrat front and rear wheels, there a direct fit and are the same diametre as kyoshos but look nicer and are stronger. Cheap as well.

Shell, well you could buy the lazer zxs shell and undertray which come as a set from kamtec ( link below ) or the parma tomcat shell from them which is a nicer looking zxr shell but this doesnt come with undertray, now there is a company on ebay that does undertrays but youll need to buy a few as they are very thin and dont last long. Wings down to you which you go for, me i use jc concepts as they last longer. I did leave a voicemail last week and will chase kamtec for an update on undertray and zxr shell.

Stickers, on ebay and they are repro but make sure you get zxr. Fyi may be a good idea to find the zxs stickers and email him regarding the zxr stickers he makes.
Answer UK team driver
Old 30-04-2012
Mad Member

Cheers.

I've actually already ordered some of the eBay replica ZX-R decals.

The car won't be run, I want to make it as close to box art as I can preferably.

Dan
Old 30-04-2012

Quote:
Cheers.

I've actually already ordered some of the eBay replica ZX-R decals.

The car won't be run, I want to make it as close to box art as I can preferably.

Dan
I have used the team bluegroove bodyshell and repro decals from Marwan. Wing is genuine Kyosho.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1040402.jpg (396.7 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg P1040403.jpg (401.1 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg P1040404.jpg (374.7 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg P1040405.jpg (385.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg P1040406.jpg (427.6 KB, 19 views)

1/10 Kyosho Lazer ZX
1/10 Kyosho Optima Mid Custom
Old 30-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomber View Post
After reading this thread over the past year I've been looking for my ZXR and finally found it

I used to drive for Ripmax and had a few of them but from what I can remember I only kept 1 car ( maybe I do have some more somewhere), I am yet to come across any spares

So my plan is to strip and rebuild it and use it as there are some clubs now doing a vintage class.

It has a few option and pre prodution parts fitted but also its missing some parts like the wing mount but I believe these are easily found.

I would be grateful for your comments on what other things it made need to bring it up to date and capable of running brushless.

I still race and dont expect it to compare to my Durango but from what I can remember it was a good car.
Saddle lipos wont fit straight in so i just used cable ties to hold a stick pack in put LRP speedo in and a 6.5 motor and TQ'd at MERCC and it hadn't run for 20 years And the belt didnt snap Great fun and might have another go this year

Old 01-05-2012

Says it all really. They dont make quality products like they used to.
Answer UK team driver
Old 01-05-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
I have used the team bluegroove bodyshell and repro decals from Marwan. Wing is genuine Kyosho.
Nice, thanks for the pics!

Just messaged Team Bluegroove on eBay......asked for a shell, wing, gear cover and undertray.

D
Old 01-05-2012
Mad Member

You'll just leave it there on the shelf?!

That car begs to be run - now and then at least! Anyway that's what I think.

I'm assuming you must have some nice tracks in muscat.

Team bluegroove stuff found on eBay (search for shop). Though marwanrc do better packages for cheaper and he's in Kuwait.
Old 01-05-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naushad View Post
You'll just leave it there on the shelf?!

That car begs to be run - now and then at least! Anyway that's what I think.

I'm assuming you must have some nice tracks in muscat.

Team bluegroove stuff found on eBay (search for shop). Though marwanrc do better packages for cheaper and he's in Kuwait.
Thanks, I've spoken to Marwan a few times on email now - he doesn't do the ZXR shell....yet. Very helpful guy.

No tracks in Muscat, well except the two I just built!....nearly finished and inside a shopping centre. I don't want to run her on the sand but may on astro.

D
Old 01-05-2012
Mad Member

Wow! You built two tracks and one in a shopping centre!

Some pics would be great!

Best wishes.
Old 01-05-2012
Mad Member

Ok you did ask Bit off topic but here goes......don't want to hijack this thread.

I've been here just over a year and started with a temporary hose/tyres track on a netball court, that gained initial interest and I just downloaded some free lap timing software and counted manually.

Then together with the local hobby shop owner, now a good friend, I presented to management of the shopping centres.....both were lots of work, basically starting the hobby from scratch, they'd never had a track before and I had to promote R/C and get people spending money....my wife was not best pleased. I did a race weekend in a shopping centre in the UK too which was a big success (and great fun) called the Union Square GP.

So, the 1st track was built for 1/10th scale electric TC in the car park of a shopping centre here in Muscat called Qurum City Centre.

The 2nd one is above the food court in Omans largest shopping centre, Muscat Grand Mall (literally a few stairs up from McDonalds, KFC etc) and consists of a 1/10th on road electric TC track with permanent MyLaps/AMB timing, an astro off road track (probably too small for 1/10th), a drift track and an AR Drone flying course......we're just finalising the build now but have held a trial race on the on road track.

Next I'm looking to do a 1/10th off road electric track somewhere away from sand - there's lots of that here.

There was an article in April's RC Racer Magazine about all this - can't attach the pdf as it's too big.

See attached pics.

Cheers,

Dan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gp.jpg (236.0 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Panorama drivers view.jpg (62.7 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg main.jpg (38.6 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg tc.jpg (32.0 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg top.jpg (26.6 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 20120405_143004.jpg (279.5 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04718.jpg (344.6 KB, 19 views)
Old 01-05-2012

Quote:
Ok you did ask Bit off topic but here goes......don't want to hijack this thread.

I've been here just over a year and started with a temporary hose/tyres track on a netball court, that gained initial interest and I just downloaded some free lap timing software and counted manually.

Then together with the local hobby shop owner, now a good friend, I presented to management of the shopping centres.....both were lots of work, basically starting the hobby from scratch, they'd never had a track before and I had to promote R/C and get people spending money....my wife was not best pleased. I did a race weekend in a shopping centre in the UK too which was a big success (and great fun) called the Union Square GP.

So, the 1st track was built for 1/10th scale electric TC in the car park of a shopping centre here in Muscat called Qurum City Centre.

The 2nd one is above the food court in Omans largest shopping centre, Muscat Grand Mall (literally a few stairs up from McDonalds, KFC etc) and consists of a 1/10th on road electric TC track with permanent MyLaps/AMB timing, an astro off road track (probably too small for 1/10th), a drift track and an AR Drone flying course......we're just finalising the build now but have held a trial race on the on road track.

Next I'm looking to do a 1/10th off road electric track somewhere away from sand - there's lots of that here.

There was an article in April's RC Racer Magazine about all this - can't attach the pdf as it's too big.

See attached pics.

Cheers,

Dan
WOW!!!!!!! Me wants a go, pity its not in the UK.
Answer UK team driver
Old 01-05-2012

OMG nice tracks Dan!!!!!

1/10 Kyosho Lazer ZX
1/10 Kyosho Optima Mid Custom
Old 01-05-2012

Send a message via Skype™ to Joe Kimble

Quote:
It's very pretty! But why did you paint the roof the same color as the windows? It does give it a cool futuristic look though...