Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > News

Old 16-05-2008
Administrator

I'm not one to speak for people - but since you mention it, woody said how great the sp looked, and was very eager to get one. He already had setup changes in mind to improve the car.

I'd have loved to have seen someone of his ability fully supported to race these cars and show how good they can be. It's easy to write something off when some 'bod' is racing it, but when an F1 driver races it and can't do well - then you can write it off . Only reason you respect the RB5 more than the ZX5sp is because it was in National A finals - the ZX5sp never got that chance.

Anyway, this new car looks good - I just think they need to sort themselves out and push the brand in racing circles some more..
Old 16-05-2008

Not sure who JonBoy is? he does not work at Kyosho UK, the Kyosho UK Team Manager is Mike Cradock.
From what Mike has told me, Kyosho UK are looking into running a 1/10th team in 2009 are are currently in talks with drivers, they did not run a team this year as all the top drivers were already contracted by other teams for the 2008 season.
Old 16-05-2008

Johnboy's made statements as an 'official word from Kyosho' in recent months. That begs the question what is your role within Kyosho UK Johnboy?
Old 16-05-2008
Administrator

I have met Jon before, he works at Kyosho France, which I beleive owns Kyosho UK?

Marc, I could probably name half a dozen F1 drivers that have wanted to race Kyosho but for whatever reason Kyosho never did anything. Whatever Mike says I'm sure is true, but it's more likely their late timing than lack of available drivers. Roll on '09 though, about time
Old 16-05-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
I have met Jon before, he works at Kyosho France, which I beleive owns Kyosho UK?

Marc, I could probably name half a dozen F1 drivers that have wanted to race Kyosho but for whatever reason Kyosho never did anything. Whatever Mike says I'm sure is true, but it's more likely their late timing than lack of available drivers. Roll on '09 though, about time
Jimmy,
Yes, Kyosho UK is part of FDL (the Kyosho importer in France) but Mike does not know who "JonBoy" is at FDL?
I know he was in contact with a couple of drivers but agreed, I think he was to late, roll on 2009
Old 16-05-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Jimmy ..... as chief "bod" I have to say I agree. I have worked really hard with these cars and some people have put their time into helping me (thanks Jake aka General Zod) and I can honestly say that both cars are now very, very good ..... in fact far better than my left thumb at the moment (at least I am honest).

They need to pull there finger out and get some support out there for us if we are to continue to run Kyosho. I am the sort of person who loves the thecnical challenge of turning up to a track with an unproven car and working out set-ups from a clean sheet .... not everbody is like that.
Some of you might be suprised to hear that I very nearly changed chassis for the last national simply to be able to get some support (for those interested it was going to be a Pred X11 because of my history with that brand). I am now very glad I stuck to my guns as the ZX5-SP has rewarded the efforts by being brilliant to drive all though qualifying at Oz.
I have even been trying different 2wds of late (XXX-Cr and X6) for the same reason but neigher of them suit me as well as the RB5 so I am again super happy that the last round of tweeks have found the sweet spot on the RB5!

As for the 4wd new car I say lets have it, although I doubt my car will stay on the stock chassis long! It's definately not a D-J-44 clone with the motor that far forward ... I think Lee needs his eyes checking
Old 16-05-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerM View Post
This car (ZX5-FS) is an interesting prospect, the weight is indeed morfe spread out but there is definite potential to move the weight a fair bit further forward than the D-J-4(4) cars, as people have said similar to the AC cars.

Why run a different layout at the worlds ...... well first off they would have done it for the same reasons as everybody else ran that layout .... on that track it worked. Why do something different now? Well that is called development, you can only assume that many of those testing the car share my feeling that the weight all being towards the rear isn't the way to go.
So why have they released the car with the cells so rearward? That will be to make the car easier to drive for the average joe ..... the spread out weight distribution will be quite gentle to react and those won't catch out the more novice driver with super sharp direction changes, also having weight over the rear will aid traction on the loose, weight at the front will give very smooth steering.
Let me see if I've got this right...

The SP copied most of the BJ4 suspension geometry (there are posts on other threads stating that you can actually use BJ4/B44 parts), but they stuck with the original chassis. This car has moved the rear shocks to the front of the arms, so that is yet another change making the suspension more like the BJ4.

The new chassis on this car is very similar to the BJ4WE. The motor is facing the other direction, but it's in roughly the same location. Just imagine if there were two bulkheads and a spur gear filling the gap behind the motor instead of in front. It might be a little further forward, but it moves the other electronics a little further back.

You hated the BJ4WE, and you made sure everyone with internet access knew about it. You loved the original Lazer, but thought the SP (with BJ4 suspension geometry) was a huge improvement. This car is even more like the BJ4WE. But this car has a Kyosho label, so it's a well balanced and easier to drive car.
Old 16-05-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Someone pass the popcorn

After watching your cars at the first couple of nationals Rog I can see why you don't get on with decently setup cars, you have an entirely digital left thumb
Old 16-05-2008
Mad Member

Default Thats funny

Thats funny as i am here eating my Nachos.
Old 16-05-2008
oOple Advertiser

Didn't a ZX5 run at Worksop earlier this year with the rear shocks in that position.

Richard
Old 16-05-2008
Super Moderator

I have a front row seat for this.....

G
Old 16-05-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Skull View Post
Thats funny as i am here eating my Nachos.
Nachos!! Better watch out, Mike will eat them when you are not looking

Good to see that we now have an official "Kyosho UK" spokesman on here
Old 16-05-2008

Hi guys,

I think my english as created a big storm here!!!!!

So firstly i want to apologise to evryone for what has been written by me on this topic.

Obviously, what has been understood from my words is not what i wanted to say and i have to apologise for my lack of understanding english. "Next time i will take my translator with me"

Also, I'm not the man at Kyosho UK to set any sponsoring strategy. I do believe our products remain the very best so if it is been understood in a different way, i'm really sorry.

I promise, i will take more english course this year.

Thank you for your understanding and really sorry for this un-appropriate words.

John
Old 16-05-2008
Mad Member

Hi Mark,

I am not an ofiical spokes person but i have my own views.

Just joined to check out whats going on. I dont want to get involved it is good enough without me

BTW i waited till Mike went out to eat my Nachos!!!!!!!
Old 16-05-2008

Default English ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonBoy View Post
Hi guys,

I think my english as created a big storm here!!!!!

So firstly i want to apologise to evryone for what has been written by me on this topic.

Obviously, what has been understood from my words is not what i wanted to say and i have to apologise for my lack of understanding english. "Next time i will take my translator with me"

Also, I'm not the man at Kyosho UK to set any sponsoring strategy. I do believe our products remain the very best so if it is been understood in a different way, i'm really sorry.

I promise, i will take more english course this year.

Thank you for your understanding and really sorry for this un-appropriate words.

John

John your english spoken and written is better than 40% people in the UK ! except for FAB !

Hows it going matey ? You probably heard I have joined the Kyosho Team by now! Truggy for now then a 777/ RB and eventually a Lazer ! Good to see you at the NEO !

Weight loss only requires one frame of mind
" DO OR DO NOT ! THERE IS NO TRY "
Old 16-05-2008
Spends too long on oOple ...

Fabs got an excuse, he is French lol....
Old 16-05-2008

Hi guys,

Just thought it was also a good time to come in on the conversation as I have been contacted by a few people.

Anyway, just to give a bit of background information from my own personal point of view:

Firstly, Jon is French, there is no excuse for that! sorry "Jean" (as you would say in French), you are not forgiven, you owe us UK guys a large BEER as we are working damm hard!

OKay, Jon Buy was correct in his last email in appologising to all you guys, and it shows how easily things can be miss read, so I would like to try and just try to give you all some more confidence as this is the way I see things:

In the past Kyosho have had some great results, and was the very first team that first enspired me to want to be sponsored back then, as they did it in style for sure!

I recently joined Kyosho UK for those who will not know me from my racing days, simply becuase I know there is MASSIVE potential for the brand again here in the UK when it comes down to racing, and I wanted to be part of a growing company that have so much passion and history for Radio Control.

The challenge is set for me, and I hope I can add some value both to the brand and to support the guys back at base.

The UK has a strong future headed by Mike Craddock, Neil Skull and now myself, supported by a whole network of good people back at Kyosho France (FDL) so you really should not worry about availability of Kyosho, as that's our job to help gain your confidence and get it on the shelves. Any extra help would be cool!

Kyosho UK understand their market place right now, and that Kyosho have really great potential to become one of the largest racing brands in the UK again.

It will take time for sure, we are realistic and something that Kyosho UK are already addressing at local and regional level, whilst supporting the local Model Shops in the process.

The building blocks are in place for Kyosho UK, and your feedback is never more appreciated, but for now Mike & I are now slowly creating a new racing image in both gas & electric in the UK, and we continue to take it a step at a time.

Once again, I apologise for the confusion, but I am confident you will see more cars at your local club over the next 12 months, so don't be affriad about supply, just call the UK office or look at the dealer section on www.kyoshoeurope.com for your nearest stockist.

I look forward to seeing some of the old faces around the track again!

PS-I am new to this forum stuff, and I don't have much time to surf, so please don't be offended if you do not get a reply

PPS-Forget the Lazer, where's my Nacho's team Kyosho! Don't say with the MP9, cos that ain't good enough

Regards
Karl
Old 16-05-2008
Mad Member

Personaly not a nacho's fan, but a big fan of Kyosho staff and now team drivers/racers posting on this forum. Welcome

Kyosho ZX-5 FS..........put the nacho's down and post some more pictures and info please
Old 16-05-2008
Super Moderator

What does "FS" stand for?

G
Old 16-05-2008
Mad Member

Good afternoon, Mr Jean-Yves Ferte!