Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 06-03-2010
Mad Member

Default what lipos are you using now ... tc

with the new lower weight limit , for touring cars what lipos are you all using now to get the weight down ..

i have been using intellect 5000mah 40c , but i now think im gonna need something lighter ... shame as i sold my trakpower lipos ... ..

cheers
Old 06-03-2010

I won't be changing my lipos with the lower weight limit just getting all the lead weight off the car. The difference between the NiMh and the lipos is approx 145g, so if you just over NiMh's cells, you will just be a little over with Lipos. If you wanted to drop the weight then pick a lower capacity lipo.
Old 07-03-2010

Send a message via MSN to Kirby

I want a heavy lipo to help balance the car left/right. Im using LRP 5300mah 40C for now but will have GM 5400 50C's or Nosram 5900mah 50C's soon.

Sponsors - Schumacher, Gingapaint, Lite Modz
Old 13-03-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Ive fitted a lipo tray with added weight stuck to the side in the centre of the chassis but use my vampire 4400 saddle pack lipos.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS
Old 15-03-2010

I cant get my car to weight 1350 with the Bodyshell, but can without. I will not be dropping to 1350, the lead weights will be staying as without the lead weights, the car is unbalanced and handles rubbish , but when using brushless and lipo, you cant really tell the difference or performance wise between cars which weight 1350 and 1500. Thats my view.
Old 15-03-2010

Send a message via MSN to Kirby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
I cant get my car to weight 1350 with the Bodyshell, but can without. I will not be dropping to 1350, the lead weights will be staying as without the lead weights, the car is unbalanced and handles rubbish , but when using brushless and lipo, you cant really tell the difference or performance wise between cars which weight 1350 and 1500. Thats my view.
I can safely say i can, the first week the new weight limit came in i took the car out for a practice and i had to tune my radio for less steering, the car was super responsive and a little bit quicker to!

Sponsors - Schumacher, Gingapaint, Lite Modz
Old 09-04-2010

If it helps most people run 4800/4900 40C LiPo cells. All seem much of a muchness weight wise so I opted for the Intellect versions in the black carbon look case.

Yep, lower the weight more nippy the car will be, but like mentioned you need something to counter the motor/speedo etc...so its a balance here on buying the lightest over one that may balance the car more....or simply just stick weights on the car.
Old 09-04-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

you move the cells out to the right a little, so you don't need so much ballast to balance the car up, I currently run a Tekin lipo and about 75g to bring it up to 1360g, a bigger lipo would mean less weight needed.