Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 13-11-2015

Default Receiver killing ESC

I am currently having problems with ESC's breaking and was keeping my fingers x that someone could give me some advice.

I currently race a Carisma GTB, I have been using a Hobbywing v2.1 ESC with a leopard 5800kv motor with out any problems (club every week and Micro nationals)
Yesterday I decided to change the setup of my car to try at club next week such as roll bars, shock oil and springs. when I had finished I thought I would have a quick spin in the living room as we all do . at first the car was fine but the the car stopped and started making a juddering noise and motion. I immediately checked the usual suspects such as connections and bare wires and even another motor from another from my spare GTB which I know works fine, but nothing worked.
admitting defeat I decided to put in my spare Reventon Pro ESC (I also run one of these in my spare car which my son uses with out any problems) and the same thing happened again.......
Being very brave I decided to try a third ESC but this time plus it in my receiver in the steering port and everything worked fine, I then plugged it back into the correct port on my receiver and the problem came back.

My receiver is the Ko Propo KR-211FH, My question is? Is it possible for a receiver to blow up a ESC as my first to ESC no longer work?

Any Help would be great.

Cheers
Old 14-11-2015
Mad Member

first thing to try is to check all your esc/motors on different radio equipment (may be your sons radio and tx)

this will narrow the issue if all esc return to normal behaviour its got to be rx or tx . if problems cease try different RX if possible

you haven't inadvertently adjusted ant tx settings have you ??

HTH helps
Old 14-11-2015
oOple Advertiser

Hi,

Try a different servo. Servo could be drawing too much load and blowing your esc.
(It's happened to me.)

MiCk B. :-)

http://www.p-dubracing.co.uk
(Stocking: 8Racing / AVID / GHEA / Xpert Racing / Factory R/C / Alton Design Innovations)

http://www.msdmodels.ie/
(Trackside and on-line RC supplies.)

Old 14-11-2015
Mad Member

I've suffered blown esc's from ko receivers in the past - in fact three in one week. The third time the receiver actually went on fire, so I would get rid of that receiver ASAP.
Old 16-11-2015

Thanks for the advice everyone. After destroying two ESC I finally narrowed it down to the lipo and the receiver so I have changed them both and the problem has gone.....
Old 16-11-2015
Mad Member

Could you explain how it would have been the lipo