Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > International fOrums > Aussie

Old 23-10-2010

Unhappy Troubleshooting: DB01

Hi Guys,
I'm a newbie and just bought and assembled a new Durga DB01 and I'm running a Yeah Racing brushless 10T with tamiya slipper clutch and Lipo.

My first 2 test runs were brilliant, the car flew and I started tweaking the camber and steering angles and generally I was having a great old time.

However after my 3rd run in a gravel car park and then on smooth dirt surface the transmission started making a clicking noise so I stopped driving.

I took the spur gear cover and gearbox covers off to inspect but nothing looked out of the ordinary. I took the opportunity to tighten the drive belt tension by 1 click and applied a bit more grease to the diffs.

I then took it for a run and now the clicking has almost disappeared but now the drive isn't going to the wheels 100%. It's as if the motor is spinning hard but the car is only travelling at about 20% full speed. I thought it would be something to do with the slipper clutch so I've tried it on a variety of adjustments but nothing seems to work.

Please help, very frustrated don't what to do from here...

cheers,

Miguel
Old 27-10-2010

Have you inspected the differentials? Most transmission problems occur there in that car, especially with a higher power motor.