Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Xtreme - VEGA

Old 31-07-2012

ok ,

Well was going to watch this drift by but thought i would have my little say and its only that so please don't take it as any form of attack !!!

As most of you know i love the pred i would run one in a heartbeat but time wouldn't allow.

I have never had a bad experience but then again i may of just been lucky, the pred has always been a love it or hate it car and my be my love for this car may of given me some rose tinted specs when it came to ordering parts. But as for team xtreme and my dealings with them have always been second to none and they have always sorted me out with what i needed.

Yes the focus has been shifted to the vega but with any business you have to go were the money is. The pred was never a massively used car so they would have to add other products to that range as they did with the vega. I hope as every one does that as that seems to be gong well the attention would shift back to the pred, but remember that for you and I its a hobby and for xtreme its a business.

Having said that though if people have had bad experiences thats a shame but people only tend to report whats bad and forget about the good !!!

only my thoughts, good luck to every one that runs the car and of course to xtreme.
Old 31-07-2012

I too, love the car... A great car and one I would love to race again, confident in having parts and wanting to push development.

What I dont like is Team Xtreme's attitude toward its customers and the product that they once so proudly pushed and supported, then left their customers out to dry.

Yes it is a business, and you are correct you go where the money is, but still taking customers money and not supplying a product? Thats just wrong and as I said, insulting.

Its like a teenager going through phases, have these people ever run a business before? There is a reason why the business is going bad, maybe Gordon Ramsay should branch out to help Team Xtreme, or better yet, they should watch his kitchen nighmares show, I can imagine a lot of truths will hit home with these guys.
Old 31-07-2012

the last paragraph was a joke btw
Old 31-07-2012

I ordered some bits sunday and they turned up this morning(tuesday) . cant complane at that. the longest i have waited was 3 days i think.
i have spoke to them on the phone and they have always been most help full.
personally i couldnt say any thing bad really. just need some updates for the pred. but as stated some where else even schumacher only concerntrate one one car at a time but look what extreame are doing. how many different typesof vagas are there.

manic
Old 31-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
the last paragraph was a joke btw
Sorry that you feel this way Ron - I'm assuming that this is not your real name. Maybe if you gave me some more information I could look into it for you. If you did send me a pm on here it is quite possible that the box was full. I can't check emails until I know who you are.

We do care about our customers and try to be as accomodating as we can be. We are sorting the website out also. All X11 and some X10/XRS parts are available on the website. We do not own the 'pred.co.uk' so can't comment on that.

I don't know whether you are looking for a discussion/argument or you want something resolving. If you do want any help please email info@teamxtreme.co.uk as I will be sure to get this.

http://www.teamxtreme.co.uk
Old 31-07-2012

For sure I can email you, no problems at all. Not sure what it will solve. As I dont want anything from you apart from good customer service, feedback, a website that is not at least 3 years old with 3 year old info. Updates, news of the X11, no more reports of no contact or parts taking months to surface with no explanation.

If you go back through forums on both this website and other forums including the-pred.co.uk, you will in fact notice a familiar pattern.

I supplied you with a link, click on it and back in 2010, you will notice the dismay and disappointment of many previous customers. This goes way back, further than 2010 even.

How can you explain away this? I am just the one who is saying something strong about it. As it is quite, as I put it previously, insulting to say the least. It has only gotten to this point due bad experiences by many people over many years.

None of this is made up or fictional, it has actually happened to many. You cannot deny this fact.

Why do this via email when it is us, the people who deserve a response, not me via a single email?
Old 31-07-2012

Definitely not an argument is wanted.

The only thing required is good old fashioned support of a product that costs, in terms of other brands, a LARGE amount of money.

People support this car for the love, not performance in particular. Show some back by way of how I and others have mentioned, and this car will be featured much more.

Cheers and Im done.
Old 01-08-2012

There have been many run-ins with the the team and the support of the X11. I will say, there are companies that market alot less but still maintain high customer satisfaction.

There are several things I would think we'd like to see. But we're also still waiting on the X11RS

I think they should drop the car if they're done developing it.. Especially since you guys don't even help here..but are more than willing to jump into Vega threads.

I guess we're just asking for some equality and not feeling like 2nd class citizens.. Is hard for us to be exited about a car the manufacturing company has forgotten.
Old 01-08-2012

Send a message via MSN to clint

I just thought I would throw in my 2 cents... I drive a Predator X11-08 here in Ottawa, Canada and I have never had an issue getting parts for my car!
I am very proud to run their car here because I like to be different.
Sure it may take a while for them to get me an e-mail response but I expect that, as I know Xtreme is a family run company with only Yanina and Lewis doing all the work.
As for price, these are not mass produced units that are molded in china, so dont expect a china price!
You should see what the exchange rate is from CDN to GBP!!
Old 01-08-2012

Noone expects a lower price... re read what I said previously.

Its a massively priced car, in that price you should at least expect some form of support or as has been said above. Just drop the car and move on.

They are more than happy to develop a 2wd conversion but their flagship brand, the one that put them on the map, the one customers buy purely for the uniqueness, dedication, love and difference it represents and the one dependent on large support, has been forgotten about.

Lets be honest here, it is a dog of a car on most tracks apart from billiard table smooth clay or astroturf. Hence Kev lees massive mods to the rear end to give it a more "conventional" shock setup, and a full document of other mods to keep it running.

For the sheer price, dedication and LOYALTY Predator customers have shown do you not think Xtreme should repay them just slightly and give confidence in a brand they have pushed............and then stone cold dropped, after everyone shelled out large ££ only to be forgotten about.

I know it is not just me that feels this, seriously Loyalty to a brand only gets you so far. Me, well I can only do one thing, vote with my wallet and walk away, as many are doing or have already done. I encourage you to do the same.
Old 01-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
Noone expects a lower price... re read what I said previously.

Its a massively priced car, in that price you should at least expect some form of support or as has been said above. Just drop the car and move on.

They are more than happy to develop a 2wd conversion but their flagship brand, the one that put them on the map, the one customers buy purely for the uniqueness, dedication, love and difference it represents and the one dependent on large support, has been forgotten about.

Lets be honest here, it is a dog of a car on most tracks apart from billiard table smooth clay or astroturf. Hence Kev lees massive mods to the rear end to give it a more "conventional" shock setup, and a full document of other mods to keep it running.

For the sheer price, dedication and LOYALTY Predator customers have shown do you not think Xtreme should repay them just slightly and give confidence in a brand they have pushed............and then stone cold dropped, after everyone shelled out large ££ only to be forgotten about.

I know it is not just me that feels this, seriously Loyalty to a brand only gets you so far. Me, well I can only do one thing, vote with my wallet and walk away, as many are doing or have already done. I encourage you to do the same.
Do you own and run a pred currently?
Old 01-08-2012

I did.....yes. Not that it matters though.

I have two x10's and an x11 for sale if you are interested.

I challenge anyone, to deny what has been written by others, in other forums and tell me it is just me that has a problem.

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46501

Last edited by Ron Burgundy; 01-08-2012 at 10:25 AM. Reason: add link..
Old 01-08-2012

I personally have never had a problem.they where extreamly helpfyl when i wanted bits for a pred pro lewis called me a few times to sort out different parts gor the car
. as for hits for mine and my sons x11's i think the longest i waited was 3 days for my spares to cme. other than that they have been next day

manic
Old 01-08-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Ron at his finest!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lmj9H...e_gdata_player

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 01-08-2012

hahaha

Ron are you listening?..... No
Old 01-08-2012

In all seriousness...

The point of my, if you would like to call it this, rant is to highlight the fact that TX are really neglecting their most important asset.

Its been a bash fest and I apologise for that, but I dont apologise for highlighting various truths about the situation with TX.

If it is fixed, and TX either be honest and drop the X11 and concentrate on pastures greener or fix the issues like contact, feedback, promotion, support, have some consistency and support the damn car that its fans love so much.

You cant argue with other opinions, and there are many, and continue the same way. Something is wrong, it is plain to see. It needs fixing or shut it down. We can all talk until we are blue in the face, see this as serious constructive critisicm.

This was meant to be the revival of this great car...Not the slow and painful torture and death of a once dominant brand that it has turned into.
Old 03-08-2012

I know this may sound bad but if you are selling the cars I would be interested
Old 05-08-2012
Mad Member

Ron... Why?
Why not just use inside line or team Xtreme ?
We have established that pred spares are available and people are receiving them , and vega ( all though custom made in batches )
What more do you want from one man?
Sort and manufacture 6 types of cars
Example
Note to self
Must sort tomorrow
Stickers / Tooling / jigs/ machining / bodyshells / hardware / bearings / balls / injection mouldings / anodising / plating / printing / tapping / springs / seals / R&d /materials sourcing / testing / sort team drivers / emails / answer phone / update website / packaging / post / etc etc etc etc
Then get slated for doing it
What exactly do you want
Ron ?
What else would you like?
Maybe a team Xtreme weekly you tube video of Lewis say spinning plates , uni cycle slalom or maybe one handed hand stands
The choice is yours! lol
Old 06-08-2012

Either you cant read, don't want to listen or are blind.

Read my post again son.

It'll be us "lol"ling when team xtreme goes under. You dont want to listen to the consumer, that is cool with me. Gives me and all the other predator customers more reason to have no confidence in you/them. And to know it was the best decision to move on. Mate I am smiling all the way, more money that is in my pocket, than theirs.

Refer to my and numerous other posts as to what people want. It is definitely not unreasonable what we have asked, we have said we are willing to support the brand and company, IF they support the brand itself.

Ill say it again, read all my posts and the threads from others on this subject and then get back to me and tell me that we are all wrong..
Old 06-08-2012

To be honest i would love to run the predator again but the one and only time i ordered parts i had a bad experience.I needed parts asap,placed the order by phone and even paid extra for the special next day delivery,was told it would be with me the next day....One week later the parts still had'nt arrived....many many phone calls and they were on my doorstep.

Now i really am not digging but it and the other posts i have read were the single biggest factor of me binning the x11 08.

Sad but true.

My Feedback..http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85397