Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > TRUCKS - SC - Truggy - Stadium - Crawler > UK Short Course Nationals

Old 05-08-2012

Thumbs down MMRX

Am sure I will not be alone in my disgust at how awful the MMRX staff ran the meeting on Sunday 5th august.
Drivers briefing was ridiculous. poor info on what was going on with qualifying etc...
3 rounds of qualifying were allowed to run with a massive break at one point whilst computer issues were "sorted", to then be told 2 of them will not count and are re starting qualifying again, by then 12;30.
Due to a small rain storm passing also colluded into curtailing proceedings as race timing issues were never corrected and many drivers already felt aggrieved at the situation and meant the meeting had to be abandoned due to incompetence of race timing programming.
I am extremely displeased, as I traveled from Essex to attend an already well run series and has been now tainted somewhat.
The feeling of "we couldn't give a damn if it runs or not" attitude of the MMRX organisation was a disgrace considering the track was brilliant.
I don't know what went wrong but I know that race software is relatively simple to set up and operate, yet the lack of communication over a perfectly tannoy system was almost non existent.
Old 05-08-2012

Yeah have to agree... Was the worst run meeting I have ever attended, the attitude of the people running was shocking, clearly not bothered about running a good meeting for everyone that had paid their money... Just wanted to take the money and stuff you all, started badly when the championship leader gets put in the bottom heat and when asked to sort it out he got told there's nothing they could do about it... Really ? Like you say it's a pity because the track was a nice setup... Pity about the weather but the meeting had already been ruined by the incompetent hosts ! :-(
Old 05-08-2012
SHRCCC Legend

Sounds a great shame guys! You were great when you came to Surrey and Hants, good honest bunch of races and very friendly. Could the rounds not have been manually sorted from the print outs and thus manually entering the finals?
Old 05-08-2012

Not when some heats were 5 minutes and others over 6 minutes... Timing was setup so that 30 seconds after the leader crossed the line the race ended so nobody got to post a proper time or something along those lines.. It was a mockery !
Old 05-08-2012

Totally agree Aaron. I have never felt the need to post on here in the past but I am so disgusted with the club officials today I feel I must comment. They obviously saw our championship as a easy pay day for their club funds, and the sad thing is there were more than enough experienced race directors present who could have advised if asked. What a waste of time and money
Old 05-08-2012

For my second ever post I would just like to say to Dudders that my trip to Surrey and Hants was an altogether better experience. Great facility, friendly people and an excellently run meeting, thanks
Old 05-08-2012

Send a message via MSN to johnni boi

Did have a bit of a problem with people jump-starting the races and the lack of consideration when lapping or racing other people.
Old 05-08-2012

A bit of a rubbish meeting for me too,first off I had to pay £5 to practice on Saturday ?..a new and expensive experience for me,then for £3 you get to camp with your own wake up call in the morning...some farmers crow scareing gun going off at 5.00 am...nice .....,then the day of the meeting-the 1st qualifying round I was put in the beginners heat..which was unfair for them and myself, then the timing was way off-so they scrapped the first 2 heats.
then when the heavens opened just before my second heat--- me hoping they would hold off the race they called us out,then after restarting us 3 times-I stopped and picked up my car after the 2nd time after my drowned motor cried no more!..plus my batteries won't do 18 minutes of racing...
They still didn't stop the meeting after the track became too dangerous to Marshall,there were trucks going round with at least 3-5 lbs of dirt stuck to them-not easy to pickup and will be a right pain to clean-nitro's they ain't!.
It's not everyone's fault at mmrx- I just thought it would have been better prepared than what it was and treated as a proper nationals- which for me is the only racing I do,I personally don't have a lot of money to waste and after today's effort I'm now £80+ out of pocket..
and 65 other pre 1998 iconic rc cars....

Nosram Novak Orion lrp Reedy Turnigy Futaba Schumacher proline

ACTIVE SCALE MODELS.CO.UK........better than some other model shop's ive been too...
Old 05-08-2012

What a joke
500 mile round trip for nothing
Surely the host club must have applied to host the meeting so should be aware of the sc rules it's only 1 page long
Round 2 was another joke I was on the front row and people from row 5 overtook me into the first corner Which had no Marshall on. The race should have been restarted.
This is a National series not a bashing meet.

Track was great thou

Being new to the series this year I have felt very welcome and have really enjoyed the class but today was ridiculous lets hope things improve for the last 2 rounds

Will we have to pay entry for the next round seen as we got nothing from today

Old 05-08-2012
SHRCCC Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checa View Post
Round 2 was another joke I was on the front row and people from row 5 overtook me into the first corner Which had no Marshall on. The race should have been restarted.
At Surrey and Hants? Really news to me. I was personally running race control and can not remember anything remotely like that happening. Sure it was round 2?
Old 05-08-2012

I'm guessing he means round 2 of todays meeting.. Not of the championship, I've only heard good things said of surrey and hants
Old 05-08-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudders View Post
At Surrey and Hants? Really news to me. I was personally running race control and can not remember anything remotely like that happening. Sure it was round 2?
That happened today at MMRX matey, only heard good things about your championship meeting so don't panic!

Very disappointed with the meeting today,

If the computer had been set up correctly and drivers seeded fairly on booking in then we would have been in position to call meeting if weather had been the issue with results in the bank ater round 2 of qualifying to get some points scored.

P.A system or communication was terrible in pits as we didn't have a clue what was happening.

I sorted computer issues out but it was too late in the day with the weather hit to pull anything out of it.

An expensive waste of a day unfortunately.

Track was promising but far too long a lap for electric 1/10th cars IMO

A real shame

UK Shortcourse National Organisers please take note of the comments... the expense of attending these meetings is a real commitment for majority and has left a sour taste when it was all pointless in the end.

MMRX, get your heads down chaps and work hard at running meetings, it's not an easy job but is crucial that it's done to the standards that racers are used to.
Old 05-08-2012
SHRCCC Legend

Good! I'd of been mortified if that happened on my watch
Old 05-08-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Sounds rubbish that, sorry to hear. I was going to head over for a look after the Batley club champs meet, but as it was pouring down, decided to head straight home. Sounds like it was the right move...
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudders View Post
Your meeting was great and run well i was talking about round 2 of quali

Old 06-08-2012

I agree with what others have already posted the organisation by the mmrx staff was a shambles which was a shame as i liked the track.

But for me to travel up there from Watford and stay over Saturday night in a hotel and the petrol to travel up cost me £100 for the weekend and to charge £5 to practice was a joke and not even to be offered a refund of entry.

So I won't be going to mmrx again in the distant future.

John