Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Xtreme - VEGA

Old 02-03-2011
Mad Member

Graham,

The only reply we want is why you said the shell is illegal?

If i made such a statement as i believed it to be true, it would be with some evidence like the body is too wide or the windows are wrong or something else.

If i said something like that just for to stir some forum chat then i would admit that by now.

Can you please tell us if there is any grounds for that statement?

I think the Vega boys at least would like to know if they have to make a new mould!

BTW are you a politician or training to be one

Kyosho UK

www.kyoshoeurope.com
Old 02-03-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by footey View Post
if you dont know somebody maybe you shouldnt make assumptions

Thats correct! I am not making an assumption on Graham as a person but simply a statement he wont clarify!

He might be the nicest guy in the world i just dont have any answer to the big question! so without a clear and definitive I and indeed we all have to make our own assumptions.

Kyosho UK

www.kyoshoeurope.com
Old 02-03-2011
Super Moderator

Neil,

I have said more than once now that I need to look at it/pictures before I know for sure.

Rest assured I do not want to stop anyone racing.

Sometimes I wish I didn't post on here.

G
Old 02-03-2011
oOple Advertiser

Just to clarify about my personal shell, the pictures may not be clear but I can definitely put anyone's mind at rest on a couple of points.

Firstly the nose on the shell is "bent" down on the final product so it doesn't protrude past the bumper on the car, on my prototype (the one in the pictures) the nose piece is straight so if it upsets anyone or infringes any rule a simple pair of scissors will come out and trim it back

Secondly regarding the comment on the "tinted" windows. The windows on my shell are as clear as crystal and have absolutely no covering whatsoever, so again, maybe the pictures are not as clear as they could be but to be honest I wasn't trying to win photographer of the year when I took them, I was merely trying to show the car to the masses.

As has already been said, the shell will be loved or hated, but as to being illegal, unless Graham can come up with a decent answer as to what he thinks is an infringement of the rules then I don't think any of us have anything to worry about
Old 02-03-2011
Mad Member

It is legal!!!
END OF!
Could your statement Graham have been because you sell atomic carbon cars by any chance?
We all say silly things sometimes lol
Me usually the most lol
And I admit it
Old 02-03-2011
Mad Member

Graham I think you need to clarify if you think alec's is not legal, or all vega's?
Old 02-03-2011
oOple Advertiser

Oh dear oh dear!!
Maybe because the Vega is so fast - maybe that is why it's illegal - LOL
Or maybe it's Alec that's the problem LOL
Old 02-03-2011
SHRCCC Legend

Better than day time tele this!
Old 02-03-2011
Kev Lee oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudders View Post

Better than day time tele this!

It can't be better than Loose Women surely???
Old 02-03-2011
SHRCCC Legend

Since buggering my back up on Monday I watched my fair share, but cant get into those man bashing old hags .

Anyway, back on topic.....
Old 02-03-2011

Send a message via Skype™ to Timee80

sorry to be off current topic, but does the 201 have more steering with the vega conversion. I like how stable my 201 is but im considering swapping to something else as im always waiting for the car in the corners. Its either the tlr22 or the vega if it solves my problem. Thanks for any advice
Old 02-03-2011
oOple Advertiser

It can't be windows or the front end of the shell as on Alecs shell.
It has to be something to do with the shell it self.
Unless I have gone totally stupid it's the only reason Graham would want to look at Kevs shell........maybe it's colours

Why why you don't just say i thought it may be illegal because of this, that or the other for the life of me I don't understand.
Sooner or later you will be wrong or right so who cares - TELL US!!
Maybe Paul you could help out what Graham is maybe talking about - we know you read the forum like everyone does and no doubt he must be consulting with you??!!!
Old 02-03-2011
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timee80 View Post
sorry to be off current topic, but does the 201 have more steering with the vega conversion. I like how stable my 201 is but im considering swapping to something else as im always waiting for the car in the corners. Its either the tlr22 or the vega if it solves my problem. Thanks for any advice
Hi mate, the Vega 201 most certainly has more steering than the standard 201. It obviously retains all the standard steering components from the standard car but the different weight distribution makes it behave much more like a 4wd car and feels much more stable around the track.

With zero weight in either car the Vega 201 still has more steering than the standard car, so if a "light" car is how you like it then the Vega 201 will work for you. On my Vega I have the Rudebits 36 gram weight under the speedo/receiver and a further 35 grams under the servo. On the standard 201 I had over 90 grams under the servo/speedo/receiver and another 90 grams under the lipo, this obviously wouldn't suit everyone and is only a guide but on testing I have found that whether you prefer weight in your car or not the Vega will generate more steering.

The Vega 201 also jumps much better than the standard car and with the trimming of the wing to suit your driving style you will find you can get the perfect balance.
Old 02-03-2011

Send a message via Skype™ to Timee80

just what i was hoping to hear. Are these now in stock?
Old 02-03-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Ok guys, think some of these posts overdo it, and I say that as someone who has a Vega shell and therefore am interested in if it's legal!!

I am sure G didn't say something due to being involved with Atomic, I can't see him doing that and if you don't know him you shouldn't suggest it either!

He made a comment, has clarified it and asked for pictures to help him form a view, why not let him do that!!

Random query though, not sure I know of any other cars with a 100% vertical front facing element like the Vega (just behind the nose?), air vent bumps etc are normally always leaning back, might that be a problem, is there anything in the rules about that??
Old 02-03-2011

Just to let you know that as far as we are concerned it is BRCA legal. We have not been given any reason to think otherwise.

As as an official/professional etc etc it should have been discussed in private. This way it could have been dealt with in a calmer manner. We all know what forums are like - they can sometimes stir things up.

Though I do think the first comment that has caused all this, was unfair and again could have been discussed in private. I can't imagine the member who made the comment would ever post something 'worrying' on their Team's forum, without being clear first.

Luckily none of our Team members need do anything like that on other Manufacturers forum's!

Rest assured guys that your Vega's are just fine and dandy and if for whatever reason they are not - you know we will come up with something just as quick and unique!

And while I'm here I might add that the Vega Elite RB5/ Vega-Elite 201 and the Vega-Elite RT5 are now available

(Thanks to our Team Drivers who have really tried to clarify this thread - you a good bunch of guys)

http://www.teamxtreme.co.uk
Old 02-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIFF55 View Post
DOUBLE CHECK ON THE TINTED WINDOWS THING.. CAN ANYBODY TELL ME IF THEY ARE LEGAL OR NOT PLEASE?
i know you cant have them on touring cars because you have to be able to see in to unplug it (i did mine but i only race it at rug racers)

as far as buggies, the windows are so small on some shells you cant see in anyway. i've seen people with sprayed windows, tinted windows and even blue tinted windows at nationals...mr springer lol

Compositekit.co.uk
Trishbits
Old 02-03-2011
Mad Member

I do know him Dave he is a top bloke
We pm each other often
Thanks
Old 02-03-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.TeamXtreme View Post
We all know what forums are like - they can sometimes stir things up.

Though I do think the first comment that has caused all this, was unfair and again could have been discussed in private. I can't imagine the member who made the comment would ever post something 'worrying' on their Team's forum, without being clear first.

Luckily none of our Team members need do anything like that on other Manufacturers forum's!
Wow, I shouldn't say this but it's been long day and I am fed up of this type of thing on forums, so let's be blunt shall we:

YOU are accusing G or either accidentally or deliberately treating you product differently due to his involvement with another product, when you have NO IDEA if this is the case.

You say none of your drivers have to do that, when your team owners brother has countless posts slagging of Schumacher. I don't know how you could post what you did above straight faced!!!

It's posts like yours (and ironically this one of mine!) which make forums a place where things get blown up, I would suggest you rethink what you and others here have insinuated. Maybe taking a leaf out of Kevin's book, I may have missed something but I think his response has been measured/reassuring without the petty sniping!

Your all great guys, and I have a Vega on order and look forward to trying it (if you guys don't can my order for this!), but this type of thing really p***es me off! One of the advantages of being too s**t to be "team" is I can say that!!

Now can I please suggest, people stick to posting about the car or queries on the shell, without questioning G's integrity please! Even if his original comment wasn't the brightest, which I think he's kind of admitted!!

Dave
Old 02-03-2011
Mad Member

Cheers for dragging me in
But I am not team vega
I am no where near good enough!
Just an Rc customer.
Dave you do not know me or know my experiences so please leave me out of this
Hope you like your vega. I am sure you will love it!