Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 11-05-2013

Default need more rear grip!

hi all. I'm abit of a novice on the tc front and in need of some help please. I race a tc on polished wooden floor at my local club. I know it's abit oldschool but is great fun and produces close racing. my problem is lack of rear grip. my car seems to brake away in a big way at the rear when applying the power tried a few things but can't seem to improve it. any help would be hugely appreciated :-) thanks for your time.
Old 13-05-2013
Mad Member

Tyres are a huge factor. Make sure you are running the same ones as the other racers, and with the favoured inserts. Condition is very important too. Back when I ran on slippy floors I used to run narrow yellow pins, blue foam inserts and the tyres would be losing performance after two race meetings. Wide pins would last longer but didn't have the ultimate grip. Keep your front and rears on the same axles, unwittingly swapping a worn tyre onto the rear will make a huge difference to the handling balance.

Mechanical condition of the car is also extremely important (more important than setup). Moving parts should move freely, fixed parts should stay fixed.

Setup should be a standard low-grip asphalt setup from the manufacturer, make sure you have a good amount of droop in the car.

General setup tips for more rear grip would be a relatively softer rear end, lower roll centre and more rear toe, but be wary of going TOO soft which will cause a bunch of other issues. Basically, a well built car on an asphalt setup with good tyres should be a decent starting point.

I always used to run double diffs on the slippy floor as well, never a fan of the spool on that surface but that was a long time ago.
Old 14-05-2013

Thumbs up

thanks for the advice bud. some great tips.