Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Mid EAST

Old 23-07-2012

Default Great day yesterday at a1

Well and truly sunburnt but had a great day.

Really happy to get my Durango in the a final in my first regional! Thought my final was over after 2 corners when two other cars tangled and put me on my roof. Worked my way up to 4th with 2nd and third very close ahead.

Bloody Durango ball cups sent me down to 7th though as a heavy landing popped a rear camber link - thank you to the marshal that got the car going again so quickly.

A very challenging track that rewarded careful driving and consistency - difficult with the 10th car and really hard with the 1/16 losi in the open class!

Will try and get to more next year. Work and family commitments prevented me from getting to the first 4 and eastrax was rained off.

Once again many thanks to everybody who ran the day.
Old 23-07-2012

I agree on the sunburn, well done for yesterday Ben. It must have been all the extra laps you did with your Micro in the open class that gave you a greater understanding of the track (only joking).

The track was challenging and I found the triples sometimes unpredictable at times, so I just rolled over them instead of jumping into them (possibly slowed my lap times down alot).

Will see you at the Fold or Silverstone, sometime in the future.
Old 23-07-2012

Well the 1/16 car does make you find the least bumpy route and I would say didn't hurt my learning of the track :-)

May be at stotfold on Weds. Lots of office work to do though so that may well take over