Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Mid EAST

Old 15-06-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to blitzboy

just wanted to say well done to all the guys at west bridgford , good day all in all well pleased with my qualifing but muffed up the final good track today bit tricky in some parts but all in all top day shame about nathan in the final not getting bonded motors aint worth it but hey thats racing must make the pionts at the top pritty close will be keeping a keen eye on me-or for the results cheers robbie good day and like the rostrum even though adam winyard fell off it half way through the final (what is he like ) must have seen some one eating a sandwich or some thing (gerbil cheaks )hahahaha,,, hope your ok adam

http://www.customblitz.co.uk
Email:graham@customblitz.co.uk

Old 15-06-2008

Many thanks to all involved, had a enjoyable day. The general feeling was that it would of been a good idea to start at 10 instead of 11 and have a bit more of a break in between rounds, felt a little rushed, I had to leave half of my pasta salad and didn't have time to go to the toilet.

Overall a excellent day though, really enjoyed the track. Well done to James for the final win.
Old 15-06-2008

Yeah good day,took me a while to get used to the track and as Rich said bit rushed, but still had a good day.Thought you were goin to take the win Rich,never mind.
Old 15-06-2008
RHR RACING

Send a message via MSN to James

Agreed re; timing.. i did however have time to go to the loo but as there was only a 'ladies' i was a bit scared in there

The track was good to race on, stayed fast all day and ftd times were do-able even in the final..
Maybe a speaker in the pitting area next time might be possible?

Enjoyed it overall and we beat the rain , good work wbmcc!!

ps thanks rich

Last edited by James; 15-06-2008 at 07:08 PM.
Old 15-06-2008
Mad Member

We did have an extra speaker but the wire wasnt long enough, only just reached past the rostrum
Old 15-06-2008

Send a message via MSN to ianplimmer

really enjoyed today,track was very good and technical in places,the standard of driving was good as allways which made for a excelent day
Old 15-06-2008

Well done west bridgford. You have managed to stage an event during a day of fine weather. Excellent! Thought the track was challenging but thats what separates the good from the also rans.
An excelent first regional event - cant wait to go again.
Old 15-06-2008

heres some pics from today however didnt catch any of the top two 4wd drive heats/finals due to driving and marshaling sorry

http://drcmcc.proboards92.com/index....ics&thread=165
Old 16-06-2008
Mad Member

Champ results have been updated on me-or

Robert Jaques, Schumacher Racing KC, K2. Team Associated SC5M

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles
Old 16-06-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

Hey all, Enjoyed sunday despite the bad result.

Shame the track started to cut up really bad in the middle there. Would have been nice otherwise. Made it really tricky to get right consistently.
Good layout though, quite long but pretty quick. OOOOODLES of grip!! Why was this? was it because of the length of the grass?

Could have done with the p.a. system going though to the pits too, but this has already been mentioned.
Old 17-06-2008

Was the grass long, or short?
Old 17-06-2008
RHR RACING

I wouldn't say it was long actually..

But there were a couple of corners where it was perhaps a bit lusher? And you would pick up a wheel.. Nathan was running a rear roll bar from the start and i put one on for the second round onwards which improved the car greatly incase anyones interested

Personally the shorter the better on grass tracks for me... scalped!
Old 17-06-2008

Quite short just seemed really thick .
Old 17-06-2008
Mad Member

Well i only mowed in on the saturday before and that is as low as the mower goes. When we used to have the old mower, we could get the grass really short, bowling green style, but as a by product of that it would also be fairly bald after round 3. Personally i was quite impressed with how the grass held up, i had previous worries about re-turfing it before the next regional so after we packed away and it was hardly touched I was very pleased .

I don't think the grip levels were any worse than racing on an astro track. I am going to look into hopefully sorted out the rutted section, or design the track so it avoids it completly for the 2wd round in august. We are already looking into extending the second speaker to reach into the car park, plus we will have our scoreboard back from repair hopefully for the next regional. I will also look at opening the gates a bit earlier so we can get underway sooner and relax the meeting a bit, up the gap between heats to three minutes and start rounds on the hour so everybody has time to get ready for it and has a relative idea of when they will be on.

Will also sort out a snack wagon for the next round to as that will be a useful addition me-thinks.

Thanks for all the feedback guys, constructive criticism is always welcome

Robert Jaques, Schumacher Racing KC, K2. Team Associated SC5M

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles
Old 17-06-2008

yeah that rutted section might prove to be a problem with 2wd but think it added some intrest to the track and concentration was needed when driving it fast
Old 17-06-2008

Rob, pleased that the constructive criticism is welcome, its the way forward for the region.

In regards of the grip, admitably the track drove more consistantly after round 1 or 2 but having to remember to not carry to much speed through those 3 corners was a good feature with in its self. Same as the rut, having to drive around it but still carrying your speed into the corner was enjoyable. It is 'offroad racing'

I'd say from a technical point of veiw the track was the best to date. Same again for the 2wd
Old 17-06-2008
RHR RACING

Is there a vid of the 'A' Dan? (I can find the B & C)
Old 17-06-2008
Mad Member

Yeah there is mate but Im not at home and my internet connection at my hotel is shit and cos its the whole final and a lot longer than the other 2 then it just wont seem to upload. Will try again now.
Old 17-06-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

The bit in the middle wasn't too bad to start with, but as the day went on it got worse and punished you if you got a bit 'off line', even if through no fault of your own.

I know its off road, but it did start to launch the cars across the track (not just mine either) I eventually just drove round it. I'm glad that I used the undertray, becaues there are some nice gouges in it, could have been the chassis otherwise, like Mr Smiths.

I'm not having a dig. just think that, the middle section would have been much more 'flowing' if you could have taken it at a nice rate of pace, rather than 'tiptoe-ing' round it. Maybe if it was straightened out a bit, it would've been nice to have a couple of quick corners in there with all the hairpins.
Old 17-06-2008

Fair point Tel, was quick to forget that if you did hit it damaging effects were the result. Shame cause early on it acted as a decent ramp.