Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 11-03-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

One more thing to note, the ESC's come with the timing set on maximum out of the box. So if it's a bit quick from new thats why!
Old 11-03-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Cheers for the heads up Rich.

Gunna give one a go when MB get them in - I like the thinking behind the software / settings makes much more sense - I wonder why no one else has adopted it or done anything similar?

Custom Painted Bodyshells by me ! www.shillyshells.co.uk

http://www.shillyshells.co.uk
Old 12-03-2013
Mad Member

Send a message via ICQ to lochness42 Send a message via MSN to lochness42 Send a message via Skype™ to lochness42

Well, I won SR1+ speedo last year in DMS raffle and have been using it since then. I ran it in my 2wd buggy - was very nice to drive but also in TC 17.5 blinky class where it was very quick and I'm more than pleased with this speedo. If you're hesistating then go and get one
Old 23-03-2013

Will it run on 1s without a booster
Old 23-03-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee24h View Post
Will it run on 1s without a booster
I believe so. It's forward only though, the Yokomo BL-Pro2 is 1S forward and reverse.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 23-03-2013

I got two as a replacement for vipers that i got,sr1 are very good escs must be why bloomfield has gone to them
Lrp
Eds
Sworkz 35-4n
Alpha dragon
Old 25-03-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Bought an SR1+ from MB - just need to decide which car to install it into.

Head says put it in the XB4 for outdoors, Heart says put it in the Bmax4 - should have bought 2 speedos...

Old 15-04-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Finally ran the Vampire in my XB4.

I turned down the settings a lot, so minimum acceleration and a low 'power' setting.

Very impressed indeed. The speedo is very smooth, and the brakes work beautifully with the car not locking up and braking very progressively. Ran a Speedpassion 6.5 in the car outdoors and it was very quick, so no need to ramp up the settings just yet.

Overall, much, much smoother than the Renvention I had in before.

Old 15-05-2013

Can anybody give me a starting point for a SR1+ with an AB+V2 8.5T motor in a 2wd for astro? Something that works at Batley would be good
Old 19-06-2013

Hi

I oddly like someone else earlier in the thread won a sr1 in a raffle. I've just fitted it to my car, but I'm struggling to set it. From reading the instructions I should be changing the setting and then moving to the next menu item and holding set for 3 seconds.

I must be doing something wrong as this has twice resulted in my car going backwards!

Any tips?

Thanks

Steve
Old 19-06-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveuk View Post
Hi

I oddly like someone else earlier in the thread won a sr1 in a raffle. I've just fitted it to my car, but I'm struggling to set it. From reading the instructions I should be changing the setting and then moving to the next menu item and holding set for 3 seconds.

I must be doing something wrong as this has twice resulted in my car going backwards!

Any tips?

Thanks

Steve
Steve,

You press the MENU button for three seconds to enter the set up and the MENU button again when you have finished (just move to the next menu along - which will save the last one) and press (MENU) for three seconds (NOT the SET button - this only changes settings)

I think you probably tired to change your Current Limit (Menu 4) and then moved to Motor Direction (Menu 5) but instead of pressing and holding MENU you have pressed SET which has changed the setting of this option in error.

Try that and let us know how you get on....
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 20-06-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Just a thought do you have it in a dex410 and gave the diffs upside down?

"Babe thats NOT the price its the serial number!!"
Old 20-06-2013

Thanks Darren I will give that a try later.

Steve
Old 13-07-2013

I just thought about adding a fan to my SR1 as it's going to be hot tomorrow. Unfortunately I've left it a bit late to order one. I have found a plug that fits on a Hobbywing 60amp speedo. When I plug it in it doesn't run, does the SR1 have some sort of fan 'management' and only run when it gets hot, or is the plug not the fit it looks like?

Steve
Old 13-07-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveuk View Post
I just thought about adding a fan to my SR1 as it's going to be hot tomorrow. Unfortunately I've left it a bit late to order one. I have found a plug that fits on a Hobbywing 60amp speedo. When I plug it in it doesn't run, does the SR1 have some sort of fan 'management' and only run when it gets hot, or is the plug not the fit it looks like?

Steve
Yeah, the fan only comes on when you've used it a little, give it a little blast and it should come on.
Old 31-07-2013

Where are these available?
With shipping to Aus and preferably without the massive price tag.

I made a thread a little while back about deciding between a Reventon Pro and a Viper VTX10-BE, I've kinda decided to go something different and when I read about these I was interested.
Also interested in the LRP Flow if I can't get a Vampire SR1 for a more comparative price.

Also been reading about the Orca and Dualsky options but unsure and the simpleness of the Vampire is an awesome feature.
Old 31-07-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
Where are these available?
With shipping to Aus and preferably without the massive price tag.

I made a thread a little while back about deciding between a Reventon Pro and a Viper VTX10-BE, I've kinda decided to go something different and when I read about these I was interested.
Also interested in the LRP Flow if I can't get a Vampire SR1 for a more comparative price.

Also been reading about the Orca and Dualsky options but unsure and the simpleness of the Vampire is an awesome feature.
Any of our UK dealers listed HERE > www.xfactoryrc.co.uk will be happy to ship to Aus for you....
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 31-07-2013

Fair enough, cool.
So, is the price inclusive of VAT, and does that get taken off for international orders?
I remember quite a while back, I was going to buy a guitar amp from the UK and they mentioned that VAT was taken off for international orders, just wondering if it's the same here?
Old 06-08-2013

Ok, so I found I can get an SR1 for about $200.
I think I'll go this way.

Just a couple more questions though...
Is it worth spending the extra bit for the "+" version?
I'll be running in stock/blinky 2wd, but may go to mod later.
I'll also be getting a ST eventually, which is 10.5 blinky or 13.5 with timing (some events are mod though), which I'll likely use a 13.5t.

Is there any program box, being made for them? I realise it's more simple than other ESC's but I still don't really like counting flashes.

Lastly, what kind of support is available for it if I have any issues?
Old 06-08-2013

Default Current Limit Setting

I also have a couple of questions:

Could somebody explain the effect of changing the current limit setting? Would it be similar to altering timing?

Also, we all know how quickly things change so curious about whether in the future firmware upgrades will be achievable and how?

Thanks

Andy