Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/10th OFF ROAD

Old 14-01-2012

Default Help with Maverick Scout torque twist.

What can I do to stop it?
I have the black spring on the right side(left), some spring spacers fitted, what else can I do?

Cheers
Old 14-01-2012

I have a Scout...I'm unclear at what the issue is...

Are we talking about how it can roll to one side when you gun the throttle?

J

ANVIL-GFX
Old 15-01-2012

Send a message via Skype™ to Timee80

Have a look on Rc crawler.com
a wealth off crawling knowledge.answers for everything are on there. You can take steps to minimise torque twist on a shaft but never eliminate it. That's one of the reasons why people went to moa
Old 15-01-2012
Mad Member

Torque twist is something you are going to have to live with on a shaft drive crawler, although there are a few tricks to try and eliminate it.

It already has a harder spring as standard, so adding some spacers to stiffen it further will help but will also affect suspension movement.

Triangulating the lower links helps, as it changes the axis the axle pivots along. To do this you want to move the lower link mounting points inboard on the chassis so they are no longer parallel, ideally as close together as possible.

Getting the battery off the chassis will also help as there is then less weight being thrown about by the torque twist.

If you want to look for advice search for anything related to the Axial AX10. The Scout is more or less a clone of the AX10 so any tips or advice for the AX10 will be relevant to the Scout.
Old 15-01-2012

So the alloy skid plates you can buy on ebay that have inboard link mounts might be a good purchase then? Plus I can counter sink the screws to the gearbox.
Replacement batteries are on the way and will be going on the servo.

What bodies are a good replacement as its a bit beat up now?
Old 16-01-2012
Mad Member

Moving the links inboard is a good idea, welcome to the world of crawling where tinkering and tweaking is the order of the day instead of running what the manufacturer provides for you.

As for bodies, take your pick from the many crawler shells around. The Kamtec Baja is popular, the rounded roof means it has a better chance of rolling back onto its wheels when it rolls over. There are bodies from JConcepts and Axial and Proline that all fit. My Berg runs a JConcepts Stage Killah. If you are getting into serious competition there is a good chance you will replace the chassis to convert it to a bodiless crawler with the Warthog, Aluminati or Beetlejuice chassis.
Old 29-01-2012

I moved the links inboard and that seemed to help the torque twist. I changed the shock oil as well which was low in a couple of shocks. I have also fitted some tiny lipos which have greatly assisted its climbing abilities. I stuck in a lipo cutoff as well because the stock controller doesn't have one.
I just fitted some hot bodies Sedona tyres as well which seem good and are a lot bigger but I haven't been able to really put them to the test yet.
Old 29-01-2012

Can anyone tell me if this will fit?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3Racing-AX...item588aab5d23