Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > XRAY

Old 20-09-2016

Glimpse into the future......
Old 20-09-2016

Cool

I started the thread only because i wanted some info & pics on the new 2017 xb2, not to start a war!

See my trader feedback here;

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186538
Old 20-09-2016
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiTrace View Post
I started the thread only because i wanted some info & pics on the new 2017 xb2, not to start a war!
Your avatar is very apt for what I think might happen at the next EOS race! LOL!

BRITISH NATIONAL 4WD VETERAN CHAMPION 2012
BRITISH NATIONAL SERIES 4WD VETERAN CHAMPION 2013

Old 20-09-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiTrace View Post
Don't worry this has made my night...funniest thread ever!
Old 20-09-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Someone call Peggy Mitchell to stop all this....... Or someone get Grant.....
Old 20-09-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
It's public forum, like I said, think about what you say online.
maybe take a leaf form your own book?

you do have a thing with winding people up on any thread apart from Yokomo

not good role model really if you ask me

although you are a very funny man with it
Old 20-09-2016
Admin

Gentlemen, please keep this both factual and short, the forum is meant to be a source of information for visiting readers. Whilst personal opinions are fine, a side to side table tennis like barrage of (sometimes personal) comments seldom adds value.
Old 20-09-2016

Last edited by BentKa; 14-04-2019 at 05:13 PM.
Old 20-09-2016

The only thing i will add to this is, i have never seen any professional driver, mechanic of any manufacturer, on any site berate or argue with anyone! It is just too much bad press and totally unprofessional. I'm surprised X-ray haven't sacked someone for consistent hassling of customers and prospective customers. it just looks bad. On here, on Facebook and many other forums. The only thing here is they can't delete the evidence or block anyone they have angered. If i were on the end of these threats id be screens shotting and sending them to the complaints dept at X-ray!!!

This behaviour is disgusting from a supposed ambassador for a brand. No matter how much bating a privateer gives them.
You don't see Neil Cragg or Lee Martin doing this.
Reedy
DJ KIRKY
Old 20-09-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveproracing View Post
The only thing i will add to this is, i have never seen any professional driver, mechanic of any manufacturer, on any site berate or argue with anyone! It is just too much bad press and totally unprofessional. I'm surprised X-ray haven't sacked someone for consistent hassling of customers and prospective customers. it just looks bad. On here, on Facebook and many other forums. The only thing here is they can't delete the evidence or block anyone they have angered. If i were on the end of these threats id be screens shotting and sending them to the complaints dept at X-ray!!!

This behaviour is disgusting from a supposed ambassador for a brand. No matter how much bating a privateer gives them.
You don't see Neil Cragg or Lee Martin doing this.
You don't see Neil or Lee on this forum to be fair

I am a xray customer and I support bent in defending his points and if Neil wants to respond then he can because it's a forum

Everyone has a right as long as they keep it clean I think

Last edited by fil9144; 20-09-2016 at 10:29 PM.
Old 20-09-2016

Last edited by BentKa; 14-04-2019 at 05:14 PM.
Old 20-09-2016

Old 20-09-2016

How is threatening someone on a public forum any good for your brand??? or your daughters RC career???? No matter how someone tries to provoke you, this is just unacceptable behaviour!!!!!
Your behaviour tonight looks bad on you your family, X-ray and rc in general.

i wouldn't want to go somewhere where i thought people were going to fight over toy cars!!!
The Eos is xrays premier arena to show how good their products and drivers are. Yet on a public forum a Premier driver who is often in the press is threatening to assault a member of the public at the next event!!! Can you imagine if Red Rc took picks of this or published the story!!!
Reedy
DJ KIRKY
Old 20-09-2016

Old 20-09-2016

Whether a smiley face or not it still is implied bullying!! It has no place in Rc.
Stop doing it!!! If people annoy you just ignore!! Don't respond. Stick to giving advice via pm like all the other pros do!! That way you don't get dragged into things like this.
Don't tarnish your daughter respect in this industry.
All these arguments, banter, what ever you may call them just look bad on you.
Reedy
DJ KIRKY
Old 20-09-2016

Last edited by BentKa; 14-04-2019 at 05:15 PM.
Old 21-09-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentKa View Post
Oh......Neal is no pospective customer as all he does is go out of his way to spread false information about a brand and group of drives he's clearly stated he doesn't like.

And I stand by every comment I make

Bent
Bent seriously you don't know how wrong you are.
Anyone who knows me knows I buy RC kits and stuff for fun, and lots of it. I recently drove an XB4 round my local track and was very impressed how it had come on since my first experience with the original XB4. I was actually going to buy one to have a play with for next season, but I'm now not so sure. Remember I buy my stuff, not get it for free. Plus you are not just representing Xray, but Malin's other sponsors, Hudy, Orca, jconcepts, rcmart, etc, all of which I've had product from in the past.

You really have got the wrong end of the stick here with this thread. I may have got it wrong about which car the diff or idler was broken in, xb2/xb4 whichever, something broke on one or both, it's racing, things break. - That's by the by now, your reaction to this with personal attacks and threats I do take issue with, and I have captured screen shots as I was advised to. It's an open forum, anyone can contribute anything to the discussion, good, bad, controversial or humorous.

I'm unsure why you think I have stated I do not like xray drivers or brand? I have in no way gone about spreading false information. Quite the opposite, I've had many many club level xray drivers and potential xray customers asking me to get some snippets of information the upcoming cars as I was attending this big event. They were itching to find out about the new cars. I was asked to get photos, and I asked you if I could take photos, but you politely declined, which was fine. I was also asked to get information on the new AE 4wd, serpent, yokomo and schumacher, which I did where I could. This isn't a bad thing, its what the sponsors are paying for, and what the event is for. The EOS events are a spectacle and the eyes of the RC world are on the the pictures and videos that are created. People want to know what they will be spending their money on to race later in the year, or they want to get a bit of inside knowledge on how to make their cars perform like the pros.
And drivers? I've had some good chats with a number of the xray team drivers many of which I've known from before they drove for xray, and I have much respect for the talents of world champ Coelho, and the formidable design team of Bayer and Hudy. I've congratulated other team drivers on their performances this last weekend, as I have in the past with Malin. This is a hobby I enjoy to participate in, no matter which brand someone represents, even at my not so talented driving level. I was also very much looking forward to a future visit to the legendary Hudy arena and to take a factory and track tour. I now fear the Slovakian mafia may want to have words with me if i go ;-)

You are right with one point, I'm just an idiot self proclaimed expert sitting on my PC online who can make any statement he wishes. I'm not however a brand ambassador for any brand, I'm just a paying customer making choices to spend my money where I wish to, and at a club level can recommend to others where to spend theirs.

RC racing is meant to be fun and enjoyable. A bit of healthy competition and the odd part failure drives it forward through development and setup improvements. Now I do see the xray team throwing out t-shirts so everyone is on brand message, but what I also see is anyone struggling with their product or asking a question getting shouted down publicly (as I have been here) for suggesting there could ever be anything wrong. I also wonder why there are no top (10) UK or US 1/10th off-road drivers representing xray, given they are massive markets?

I know you won't want to leave this here, but I will.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 21-09-2016

Last edited by BentKa; 14-04-2019 at 05:15 PM.
Old 21-09-2016
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactor View Post
Someone call Peggy Mitchell to stop all this....... Or someone get Grant.....
She's dead.......

Schumacher F1..The original KF.
TLR 5.0 AC .. FORSALE
Old 21-09-2016
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
She's dead.......
Wish this thread was.
Yokomo YZ4 SF2