Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Stotfold MCC

Old 02-10-2012

Smile Thanks for the welcome

Hi all, just wanted to say a quick thankyou to those of you that I spoke to at the members meetup on 30th Sept. My son and I will be coming down again to watch but I will be looking to join in the near future. The wife has said I can buy a new buggy and I think I have narrowed it down to either the Durango DEX410V3 or the Associated B44.1. Going to be getting a savox servo as I run one in my SCTE and am very happy with how it performs.

All I need to decide on is a suitable motor and esc for whichever buggy I choose.

Was just wondering if someone can recommend a decent motor and esc to get. I know that the lower the turn then the faster the speed, but from what I understand, 1/10 buggies run 10.5, 13.5 and 17.5 turn classes or am I wrong. Have seen that some people also run a faster motor of between 5.5 to 8.5 so can someone clarify this for me and then let me know what most run at the club. Am prepared to spend around £200 to £250 for the motor and esc.

Also, can anyone explain what sort of transponder to get or what to look for when buying one.

Sorry if its a bit long this entry but I am a bit impatient and would rather start researching now so I know what I need/intend to buy as I do shifts and it may be a few weeks before I can get back down on another Sunday to ask in person.

Thanks again to those I spoke to (in particular newbie Sam and also Andy). Can't wait to get started and join you all down on the track.
Old 02-10-2012
Mad Member

Hi Gaz,

I think i spoke to you at the weekend, with regard to ESC and motor you will probably be best going through www.insidelineracing.co.uk he does Tekin and Orion which are both top of the range and won't need upgrading, they are also inside your budget. He also carries Durango kits and stock so will be a good place to go for spares etc, if you speak to him he may also be able to do you a good deal if you get everything through him.
He is a local at Stotfold club as well as Silverstone club, and is generally at most meetings around mid south.

I would go for a 7.5 turn motor, no higher. You could get away with an 8.5 and once you are confident with this run some boost on your speedo. The 10.5/17.5 classes are for Touring car. In off-road it is just 2wd and 4wd.

Hope this helps.

John
Old 02-10-2012

John, thanks for the quick reply. I will have a look on his website tonight when the kids are in bed. I have heard good things about both Orion and Tekin. Thanks again mate.
Old 02-10-2012

I run the Tekin RS Pro ESC and a Tekin Redline 7.5 motor in my 2wd buggy and am very pleased with them. They are powerful and reliable bits of kit. The ESC is one of the smallest on the market too which is a big help in modern cars as space is often at a premium. They aren't the cheapest and you would probably want the Hotwire as well to hook it up to your PC but if you decide to dig deep and go with Tekin you won't be disappointed.
Old 02-10-2012

Gary,

Glad to hear I was of some help on Sunday and that you're keen to join the club!

Regarding a transponder, I think it will be best to get a MYLAPS RC4 aka 'Harry' – you can order one here.

There are cheaper alternatives, but I understand that there can be issues with PT numbers being used more than once. With the MYLAPS RC4 you should be guaranteed to have a unique ID.

Hope that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzabruv105 View Post

Also, can anyone explain what sort of transponder to get or what to look for when buying one.

Old 02-10-2012

Dunc, yeah thanks for the link to the PT (Just read up on the BKK site and realised what PT stood for) DOH!!!

This is costing more than i thought. LOL. But then thats half the fun (As long as the wife doesn't find out).

Thanks again.
Old 03-10-2012

Hi Gaz. It's Sam. Glad you got the thumbs up off the boss! Both cars are good and the b44.1 has some really good deals about at the moment due to the release of the.2. As you saw I run a 410 and am really happy with it. 7.5t motor will do you fine and the Orion r10 pro is a quality bit of kit. Have fun choosing!
Old 04-10-2012

Hi Sam, thanks for the message mate. Yeah, can't believe the "boss" gave in so easily although she is sat next to me as I type. Lol.

Going to try and push for my Xmas present early. If not then I will just have to wait to see what father Christmas brings. Lol.

You never know, there may be a new buggy out by then?

Will pop down and see you on a Sunday either way.
Old 05-11-2012

Well, it looks like I will be a stotfoldmcc member very soon (if you will have me). Went and ordered the B44.2 today and should have it by the end of the month. Just need to choose my electrics (really struggling to make my mind up at the moment between the tekin and Orion esc and for motors, looking at the tekin, Orion and speed passions. Then got to get the PT, some Lipo's and a David servo. Can't wait to get started. Will probably take longer to get set up than I want though as wife's now 19 weeks pregant so kids all want new bedrooms. Lol.

Hope to get down there again soon to meet you all.
Old 23-12-2012

OK, three weeks ago I gave keith my cheque for membership and I am apparently member 52 (or 56, cant remember). How long does it take for anything to come through like the brca card etc. Also how do I get the discount code for inside line racing as want to order my electrics/batteries etc.
Old 23-12-2012

Quote:
OK, three weeks ago I gave keith my cheque for membership and I am apparently member 52 (or 56, cant remember). How long does it take for anything to come through like the brca card etc. Also how do I get the discount code for inside line racing as want to order my electrics/batteries etc.
I would suggest sending Swiss, or Dunc a private message.
Old 23-12-2012

Cheers mate. Will do.
Old 29-12-2012

Quote:

Hi Gaz,

I passed your membership form and cheque to the club treasurer when i saw him on dec 16th, he will be dealing with the brca affiliation and will no doubt contact you via email when done, if you supplied email address on form.

Your membership card is generaly available for collection from race control in early january.

Hope this is of some help.

Adrian

Last edited by Huckster522; 30-12-2012 at 09:51 AM. Reason: brain ache
Old 30-12-2012

Ah, Adrian, thats great news. Thanks alot fella. Happy New Year.

Gary