Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > XRAY

Old 22-01-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sime46 View Post
Sorry. Not had chance to amend my setup sheet. Basically this is how I'm running mine right now. It locked in the rear end which had been a little free and easy. Sorry for the poor quality. Ill get a proper sheet up ASAP. As said prior, it's wide track front(takes a little grip away from the front and high rear pin which improves rear stability and traction loads. Give it a go. It's an easy thing to adjust.
Thanks for that. I'll give it a try.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 22-01-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post

Why have you got to 10k on rear? what's the thinking behind it?

cheers
I've gone to 3 degree rear toe and roll centre high as per the picky Sime put up.
I've kept the front as is, as I believe widening it just makes the front less aggressive?

Diff oil - just thought i'd give it a try as 5k feels too light to me on the bench compared with how I run my Durango

I've gone to 32.5wt in the front 3 hole piston
22.5 rear 3 hole piston

So just a 'sniff' heavier than I had it at Batley.

If the roll centre just locks the rear that extra touch, i'll be well happy as the car was awesome in the final

Custom Painted Bodyshells by me ! www.shillyshells.co.uk

http://www.shillyshells.co.uk
Old 23-01-2013
Mad Member

My West Bridgeford setup is on the Xray website for those interested. Hope it works ok this time.

PBM Racing 01773 769323
TEAM XRAY
RC DISCO
Old 23-01-2013
Mad Member

PBM Racing 01773 769323
TEAM XRAY
RC DISCO
Old 26-01-2013

sime i went lighter diff oils at worksop last time and all it did was burn out the oil in diffs and over rotated every little blip,bump and corner
Old 26-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimi126 View Post
sime i went lighter diff oils at worksop last time and all it did was burn out the oil in diffs and over rotated every little blip,bump and corner
Ive tried a few different things... but i never went for the lighter oils... the car has loadz of steering from the kit set up and my d/r is down to 80% now so going heavier would me more of an option... When the first JQ buggy came out the kit set up was 5k 7k 3k front to back, similar to the xb4 it over rotated like crazy so i ended up with 10k 10k 7k in my 8th scale car... When u look at the xb4 in detail its a scaled down version of an 8th scale car... its nothing like any other 4wd car ive driven and soo many set up options yet to try... if people are struggling with the car im not sure exactly you are looking out of the car but in my mind im looking a car sharp through the corners and punchy with loadz of forward drive and stability over jumps etc... with my current set up ive all of the above and still not one breakage yet... after 10 meetings making the main every time...

At the minute im loving my car (current set up is on one of the first posts but am now running 7k in the rear diff)

Hope this helps guys
Old 26-01-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimi126 View Post
Nice one matey. Tbh I built mine with 5k/2k and it rotated very easily and the rear felt loose. I've changed quite a lot on the car since those early runs and it's mega now. I was gonna thin down the diffs to see if it was diffs that were giving me a hard time early on or whether it was geometry. The fact remains that this car is brilliant. I've fitted the rest of my upgrade pack today so it'll be bulletproof, although it never missed a beat with the original parts on. Looking forward to starting tomorrow with an easy to drive car so I can concentrate on racing as opposed to trying to get around.

PBM Racing 01773 769323
TEAM XRAY
RC DISCO
Old 21-03-2013
Mad Member

soo a lighter wt in the rear diff , does'nt make it easyer to drive on power out of slow corners then ??