Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > XRAY

Old 01-01-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reg View Post
This off another site,thought it might help though.

"just came back from my first run with the XB4

I used the Martin Bayer Setup for carpet, running Schumacher Minipin.

I´m really impressed. Car has lots of steering, jumps very well and it´s aceleration is second to none.

I ran Durango and Kyosho on the same track before so I can compare.

I had some very bad "highsiders" and 2 really hard impacts but nothing broke.

Same to the drivetrain - nothing shimmed, everything stock. No Problems - and there is never more grip than on carpet with Schumacher Mini pins.

Martin told me, that the problems with the diffgears appear when you use too much oil in the diffs.

I filled the diffs with the HUDY scale, exactly like the manual says - no problems - super smooth and free drivetrain.

This car is a blast!
Not heard that one about the oil levels before. Worth noting. Mine was faultless on carpet with mini pins although I did start with the slipper loose and tightened it run by run until it was slipping a tiny bit but the car felt fierce. Really easy to drive hard. My diffs were filled as book half way up the gears when sat on the table. Seem ok so far.

PBM Racing 01773 769323
TEAM XRAY
RC DISCO
Old 01-01-2013

Very impressed with the car today . I ran kit std and the car was great on wet slippy astro . Nothing broke . I had my slipper set at 6mm
Old 01-01-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Seems a bit suspect that Xray 'made an error' in the manual.
Especially as its with the most important part - the slipper.
I ran mine with no apparent problems with the slipper set as per the original manual.
Makes me think maybe the gears are not up to the job and they are trying to cover themselves by telling us to all run the slipper looser now?

Custom Painted Bodyshells by me ! www.shillyshells.co.uk

http://www.shillyshells.co.uk
Old 01-01-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

could be the gears arnt up to us

TRADE FEED BACK.... http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34486
Old 02-01-2013

No problems with gears etc, around 1hr running now. Car is awesome!
Old 02-01-2013

i have run the car for about 2 hours now with no problems whay so ever and the car is just great i can ask for more
Old 05-01-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Breakages to report tonight, not directly my fault as I'd passed it to a mate to have a go in practice, but he came a cropper with a solid bit sticking out from a wall in our indoor track.
Struck hard right on the front bumper, directly on the part with the bushing behind.

Took out the front arm, bent the hinge pin and killed a bushing. The Ali FF brace is fine.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 05-01-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

oh no,
3 people ran them at westbridgeford lastnight,hopfully they will let us know how they went,
also who will be running them at worksop?be good to know what they go like and setups

Old 05-01-2013

Quote:
oh no,
3 people ran them at westbridgeford lastnight,hopfully they will let us know how they went,
also who will be running them at worksop?be good to know what they go like and setups
I was the slower one with one last night, must say its only my second time and I'm enjoying the car. Breakages to report rear wing holder, which didn't help when I went into the wall at the end of the straight, bit of supper glue and back together again. I have an hairline crack at my front bulk head at the camber screw but some supper glue again before last night and all is good. And second meeting with composite diff gears still silky smooth

As far as I know there will be at least 5 xb4's at worksop, these being Greg hill, Colin Jackson, James bullivant, abi dean and mark Thornewill.

Hope this helps
Old 05-01-2013
Mad Member

And meeeeeee.

PBM Racing 01773 769323
TEAM XRAY
RC DISCO
Old 05-01-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorny97 View Post
I was the slower one with one last night, must say its only my second time and I'm enjoying the car. Breakages to report rear wing holder, which didn't help when I went into the wall at the end of the straight, bit of supper glue and back together again. I have an hairline crack at my front bulk head at the camber screw but some supper glue again before last night and all is good. And second meeting with composite diff gears still silky smooth

As far as I know there will be at least 5 xb4's at worksop, these being Greg hill, Colin Jackson, James bullivant, abi dean and mark Thornewill.

Hope this helps
Its the wall of champions if thats all that broke then its bloody strong,its usually a race ending wall,

did you all run kit carpet setups?

I hope you all have a good day tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by sime46 View Post
And meeeeeee.
have a good one mate,keep us posted

Old 05-01-2013

Default worksop

Yep as mark said there will be a group of us there 2morrow, if anyone's having any trouble or difficulties please come over and we'll do our best to help and assist
Old 08-01-2013

For those of you breaking the rear shock tower (or front) I've made some aluminum towers for the car. The picture is the prototype but the ones I'm selling have sanded edges and clean holes. They're $35 shipped in the US and $45 shipped to Europe.

Old 09-01-2013

Hi Chaps,

Just thought I would let you guys know. I sent Xray an email a few weeks back-With info and pics of my cracked bulkhead.
(To make it positive feedback and not someone bashing it on a online forum!)

I was hoping to provide them with some more info and pics of my crack (Dirty minds!!, to hopefully help them in resolving/sorting the slight issue some are having.

"Dear James

Sorry for late response, we had Xmas holidays.

Sorry to hear about your problem. The XB4 was long term tested by the racing and R&D team in plenty of abusive conditions and real races without any major problems. However we have received and seen several comments and feedback on some issues.

Neverthless we carefully monitor and study all the comments received from customers and we have been still waiting for some more feedback from some other countries and distributors around the world to get a complex view and understanding if customers in other areas in other conditions face similar issues. As soon we will have any official final information it will be posted at XRAY web site, please keep watching it.

Thank you and with best regards
Mario Hudy"

There working on it
Old 09-01-2013

hey all . just to let you now that we have made shocktowers aswell in the shop cnc mild . have tested them and the bulckhead broke and the tower servived .
now as we are located in belgium its a problem for those in the UK wanting some . now this will be solvd as Nathan ralls of ralls racing will be given a handfull this weekend so that those who wants them than get them from him . greets and best regards Bart
Rude-Bits
Serpent
Fba section offroad chairman.
Old 09-01-2013

What about making a bracket like this?
This is just one that I made ​​of lexan. Make one in 3mm alu tomorrow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-01-09 22.31bla.JPG (133.9 KB, 120 views)

Norway
Old 09-01-2013

Quote:
People have been having gear problems after the 3rd or 4th run,
the few that have stoped the car,shimed under the center gear have gone on to use the car with no problems,others have just fitted the NT1 metal gears,part number 335030,335080.
App Xray know about the problems,im sure after they have all recovered from the holidays they will sort it
I need to change the rear gears(second nights run took a heavy hit on the straight)
Anyway rc disco have the metal gears but not the steel pins.so just till they come in stock,will the metal gears fit on the platic pins?
Anyone tried the metal gears from dex210?
Old 09-01-2013

I have run the metal gears on the composite cross pin until i can get hold of the metal ones.

I ran the worksop meeting like that and had no issue. I would only suggest it as a temporary fix because i imagine the composite material will wear quickly. But to get you through a race meeting it will work

James
Old 10-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_xray View Post
I have run the metal gears on the composite cross pin until i can get hold of the metal ones.

I ran the worksop meeting like that and had no issue. I would only suggest it as a temporary fix because i imagine the composite material will wear quickly. But to get you through a race meeting it will work

James

Cheers James
just hope pins will be in stock soon!
Old 10-01-2013
Administrator

Martin Bayer ran the car at last weekends EOS - the car was totally standard including plastic gears, no problems with big jumps and lots of traction. I watched him change his diff oil to make sure he wasn't fibbing and sure enough - all kit items.
Slippers are there to protect the drivetrain - use it!