Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > MMRX - Wakefield

Old 30-10-2010

Talking couple of quick questions im a rookie you see

hi i am looking to start racing buggys and found this club on here what will be a good car to run ive been looking at hpi trophy 3.5 and the hobao range?also when can i come watch bring mine if i purchase and have a go?do you run diffrent categories or is it a free for all and do i need a special licencse thanks james
Old 31-10-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Hi.

I assume you are pretty local, if so, get over to a local modelshop (MB models and Morley models) and have a look at the cars / get some advice.

If you have raced before (any class) then get something decent. If you have never raced any rc class before, then maybe a ready to run would be ok. I know that MB had the Hot Bodies D8 kit in at almost HALF Price.... which is a real bargain. You'd need everything else though.

Also, you want a .21 sized engine to race. I'd drop by at the next winter series date, the model shop will be there, as will lots of people to ask questions. You might also find a bargain if someone is selling some 2nd hand gear

Custom Painted Bodyshells by me ! www.shillyshells.co.uk

http://www.shillyshells.co.uk
Old 31-10-2010

yeh fairly local im near ponti...yeh il dodge down to next meeting but next weekend going down to morleymodels i think see if they can hook me upi have never raced this sport before ive messed about with a few in the past i used to race motocross for the last 20 years

Old 31-10-2010

seen your posts on racechat but couldn`t answer them on there as your not allowed to mention a club that hasen`t paid the forum owner £50
at least youv`e found the right place now

the hpi trophy is no good for going racing so don`t

there are lots of cars out there that are and you will get good advice from morley ,but if you are keen on doing it right be prepaired to spend a few quid, if you buy an rtr it will get you going but you will want to buy something more competetive in a short space of time

good cars for racing mugen(i have a used one in good nick) agama a8, kyosho mp9, hot bodies d8, losi 8 eu , associated rc8 ,

all are good competition cars

pm me if you want to see the mugen or come round for any advice
i`m in wakefield
Old 01-11-2010

Hi jimi,

I was new to this 12months ago and can say through experience that you would be better off buying something half decent to start with, i bought a hyper 7 at first. Soon to realise that i was gonna have to spend to some real money just to keep it on the road (track). This is not a cheap sport by any stretch of the imagination. However once you have covered the initial setup costs, you only have your maintenance/ brakage items to replace.

Alternative ways to get into racing would be to buy a cheap roller such as that from chalky and then get yourself to Morley Models or MB models, to buy the remaining parts, or search the for sale section of this and other forums and you will find some full set ups for sale.
Old 01-11-2010
oOple Advertiser

Jimi,

if you don't want to spend competition money eg £800+ I would recommend The Losi 8ight 2.0 RTR buggy, it comes complete with Spektrum radio, .21 race legal engine and a starter box, you will require a few other parts but this package comes in at less the £500

http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/catalog/p...oducts_id=3899

Michael
MB Models
Old 01-11-2010

Talking

hi jimi
Not sure if it was you i spoke to the other day ( i work at morley models)?
But if u call down to morley models on a saturday see me al sort you a good deal out!
Al run u through some of the rtr kits and the race kits aswell theres no pressure to buy
Info's for free! Or if u want i could get chalkys mugen there for u to look at? There a good
Strong car i raced one this season.
P.s i raced motocross for a few years and am sure it costs more to race rallycross!
Old 01-11-2010

hey yeh if you could get chalkys mugen to look at too that be great and yeh il probaly be threw saturday afternoon to the shop i will be bring the plastic freind lol...and money isnt too much to worry about end of the day you cant take it with you at the end lol....
Old 02-11-2010

Send a message via MSN to Scurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bally View Post
Jimi,

if you don't want to spend competition money eg £800+ I would recommend The Losi 8ight 2.0 RTR buggy, it comes complete with Spektrum radio, .21 race legal engine and a starter box, you will require a few other parts but this package comes in at less the £500

www.rccarshop.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_233&products_id=3899

Michael
MB Models
+1
Old 02-11-2010

cheers lads i will be shopping on saturday so i shall report back on what i find hopefully with a sweet ride and not a too big dint in the back sky rocket
Old 03-11-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to dave g

LOSI rtr package,you wont need anything else then,or get chalkys mugen and go from there
Old 03-11-2010

yeh the losi race buggy sounds ideal but not too sure on the looks may look better close up saturday when im at morley models
Old 07-12-2010

Send a message via MSN to BadgersOnAcid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bally View Post
Jimi,

www.rccarshop.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_233&products_id=3899

Michael
MB Models
Is the DX3S that is included with the RTR package the V2 model thats is DSM2 compatible?
Regards
Craig