Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 14-06-2011
RogerM's Avatar
RogerM RogerM is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The middle of off-road nowhere ----- Cheltenham
Posts: 4,260
Default

I "believe" it to be an issue with the courier ... will check up with Stuart and post back later as I need to order some other stuff.

I know he is doing everything he can to get these items in stock .... he's got loads of people who want them and trust me ... he really wants to sell everybody one (or 6)
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 14-06-2011
Chrissy C Chrissy C is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 102
Default

Apologies for asking a numpty question here, but i'm still trying to get my head round brushless, especially the boost and dynamic timing etc!

Basically i want to run 21.5t in my TC at the highest level and to be competative you need boost etc and the speedy needs to be updatable with the latest software. I was looking at the LRP SXX V2 Stock Spec, but at £209that is a little steep.

From what i have read on the RIE website the Hobbywing does all of this - correct? If so (and here is the numpty bit) what will the 60A version lack as opposed to the 120A - will it be punch in my stock class or power????

£74.99 for a 60A version looks very tempting, but will i be losing out to the LRP's?

Thanks all,
Chris
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 14-06-2011
leepez's Avatar
leepez leepez is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Neath
Posts: 51
Send a message via ICQ to leepez
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leepez View Post
Different story here I'm afraid....
Still not got an answer from over a week ago now. I'll try again tomorrow.

His website now says delivery for 25th June? is this for another batch? or for the same batch from which my order was placed over two weeks ago?
Spoke to Stuart earlier all sorted now and a refund on it's way.
__________________
Lee Perrott
Team Associated B44.1
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 14-06-2011
RogerM's Avatar
RogerM RogerM is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The middle of off-road nowhere ----- Cheltenham
Posts: 4,260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy C View Post
Apologies for asking a numpty question here, but i'm still trying to get my head round brushless, especially the boost and dynamic timing etc!

Basically i want to run 21.5t in my TC at the highest level and to be competative you need boost etc and the speedy needs to be updatable with the latest software. I was looking at the LRP SXX V2 Stock Spec, but at £209that is a little steep.

From what i have read on the RIE website the Hobbywing does all of this - correct? If so (and here is the numpty bit) what will the 60A version lack as opposed to the 120A - will it be punch in my stock class or power????

£74.99 for a 60A version looks very tempting, but will i be losing out to the LRP's?

Thanks all,
Chris
Hi Chris,

firstly the HobbyWing ESCs gives you all the adjustments that you would want for stock class racing, especially those that you need.

I would say the Xtreme Stock is perfect for your application, I run it with a 13.5 in my TC without a fan and it's perfectly happy (although of course the fan is an insurance policy so I would advise you use it whilst you get used to the effects of the settings).

I am still playing with the settings BUT have something that works fine for me in terms of drivability and is plenty fast enough with my Orion motor!

I am more than happy to share these settings with you and help where I can.

Just to put your mind at rest I have run a 10.5 with the Xtreme stock in turbo mode (in this case the fan becomes more necessary though) and before I descovered the HobbyWing's capabilities I was running LRP/NOSRAM ESCs .... as far as I am concerned there is a night and day difference between them in the HobbyWings favour. In fact I would go as far as to say that if HobbyWing were to disappear (not likely) I woul donly consider replacing my units with Tekin RS Pros ... (but I'd only get 1 for the price of 2 or 3 HobbyWings!!!)
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 14-06-2011
Chrissy C Chrissy C is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 102
Default

Thanks Roger, I was hoping to hear that!

Its funny, although price is the all important factor at the moment, when you do see a product that much cheaper you think "what doesn't it do" - happy to hear it will cover everything and will be competative to boot - perfect!

I think i will order one of these shortly.

Will the new ones i see coming late June be replacing the XTREME Stock version or are they for different applications i.e. mod?

Although not really the right thread (which i apolgise for hijacking!) but how do the Hobbywing motors fare? I would be going for the 21.5t - are the grey and blue exactly the same spec?

Cheers
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 14-06-2011
Juttie Juttie is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 203
Default

I have just got my xerun 120a and its going in my 22 running rear config but with the fan fitted it wont fit has anyone fitted this or do they run without fan????
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 15-06-2011
JonyNitro's Avatar
JonyNitro JonyNitro is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: It's not a handle you Cock,it's a wing
Posts: 737
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juttie View Post
I have just got my xerun 120a and its going in my 22 running rear config but with the fan fitted it wont fit has anyone fitted this or do they run without fan????
mine in Mid
__________________
BUDS BALLS
BIG AN SAGGY

E REVO
BAJA,SS TS REED
All The Gear,and No Idea!!
4PKS,4PL
PILLOW CASE CREW
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29834
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 15-06-2011
Juttie Juttie is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 203
Default

there is no way that will fit with the fan at the back is it ok to run without fan?
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 15-06-2011
RogerM's Avatar
RogerM RogerM is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The middle of off-road nowhere ----- Cheltenham
Posts: 4,260
Default

Depending on motor spec the fan might not be needed (just go careful on the first run, temp checking every minute or so to be sure!)
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 15-06-2011
RogerM's Avatar
RogerM RogerM is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The middle of off-road nowhere ----- Cheltenham
Posts: 4,260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy C View Post

Will the new ones i see coming late June be replacing the XTREME Stock version or are they for different applications i.e. mod?

Although not really the right thread (which i apolgise for hijacking!) but how do the Hobbywing motors fare? I would be going for the 21.5t - are the grey and blue exactly the same spec?

Cheers
I believe the shipment on it's way has loads of Xtreme Stock and V2.1 120A units in it.

If by the "new" units you mean the V3 from what I understand they wion't be available till the early part of next year ... the rumour mill has suggested they are much closer to production than they really are.
If there is any improvement on that sort of date I will definitely post it here.

I've had the chance to play with a pre-prod V3 (sadly not in my cars) and it will be the ESC to end all ESCs if all the features make it to the produciton stage.

As for HobbyWing motors I can't give you a first hand opinion as I run Orion motors, that said I have experienced them whilst helping others set up ESCs and they seem to be as smooth and fast as anything out there (except Orion ... obviously )


I think we are running a bit close to the wire with hyjacking this thread ..... maybe we should set up a HobbyWing Q&A like the Tekin one
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 16-06-2011
TryHard's Avatar
TryHard TryHard is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: T'wmba, Oz (the real one)
Posts: 89
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy C View Post
Thanks Roger, I was hoping to hear that!

Its funny, although price is the all important factor at the moment, when you do see a product that much cheaper you think "what doesn't it do" - happy to hear it will cover everything and will be competative to boot - perfect!

I think i will order one of these shortly.

Will the new ones i see coming late June be replacing the XTREME Stock version or are they for different applications i.e. mod?

Although not really the right thread (which i apolgise for hijacking!) but how do the Hobbywing motors fare? I would be going for the 21.5t - are the grey and blue exactly the same spec?

Cheers
Hi Chris,
The grey and blue motors are exactly the same. They are quite smooth motors (similar to the SP's), and they also don't have adjustable endbell timing.

Motor wise, I'm still a big fan of the X12's for TC, super amount of low down torque, and with the ESC settings it's possible to pretty much do everything in terms of boost and turbo. Might take a while to find settings your happy with, but once there it's pretty easy to stay on top of it all

I can honestly say you won't lack for power against any of the current LRP's. Just make sure you get a program box at the same time as the ESC, so you can update the firmware.

I will say it's quite interesting being based the other side of the world (yes, I'm in china!), as I get to regularly chat with the HW team out here, there are some good new developments on the horizon, that much I can say. Theres a small possibility I might get to check out a v3 this weekend...
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 16-06-2011
Gnarly Old Dog's Avatar
Gnarly Old Dog Gnarly Old Dog is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: A Small Insignificant Blue Green Planet
Posts: 571
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
I will say it's quite interesting being based the other side of the world (yes, I'm in china!), as I get to regularly chat with the HW team out here, there are some good new developments on the horizon, that much I can say. Theres a small possibility I might get to check out a v3 this weekend...
You tease Ed
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 16-06-2011
Chrissy C Chrissy C is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 102
Default

Thanks Ed HW is looking better all the time

I would most likely team this up with an X12 (21.5) as that is what the other guys are using.

Cheers
Chris
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 16-06-2011
Chesty Chesty is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 963
Default

Hi Chris

I believe the competitive guys at Coastal & STCC are running the Corally/Graupner (I think thats what it is) 21.5t motor.

Its significantly quicker than the others but not BRCA legal (but this doesn't matter at Coastal/STCC) due to the way its constructed.

Might be worth investigating before you (potentially) waste any money

I don't think even a guy of your talent would be competitive at the STCC without one...
__________________
Trader Feedback:
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthre...ghlight=chesty

Last edited by Chesty; 16-06-2011 at 02:02 PM. Reason: typo!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com