Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > WRCA

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKOR33 View Post
The venue racers 10th 2wd and 4wd every week no problems thanks so not that small
We just decided we wouldnt book an expensive hall that couldnt be refunded just in case we had a large intake and tbh 1 week before an event we only had 20 entries it didnt make sense - I'm sure you'll agree most other clubs wouldnt just spend £300 willy nilly - lol that saying always makes me laugh

You can run 1/5 scale in your garden comfortably , but if you invite your street over you've got a problem

Just like this , the venue may hold club. However obviously to small for an event

This is clear pitting in 3 different locations just for a wrca

Nonoffence the people defending this are thd people involved with wrca and cobra

No doubt if it went ahead , and was over booked it would damage both names due to size so u can see why it's capped as we'd be like sardines

No ones saying thd halls to small to race , it's to small to acomendate the event such as racers and pitting
Old 12-01-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
The venue racers 10th 2wd and 4wd every week no problems thanks so not that small
We just decided we wouldnt book an expensive hall that couldnt be refunded just in case we had a large intake and tbh 1 week before an event we only had 20 entries it didnt make sense - I'm sure you'll agree most other clubs wouldnt just spend £300 willy nilly - lol that saying always makes me laugh
That's understandable, and unfortunately it's a two edged sword. As with the smaller hall there's no risk of being out of pocket, but potentially losing out on ££££'s from the higher number of entries (anything upwards of £100 at least)
Old 12-01-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

The difference is, Phil, even with a large entry, the previous venue lost money, as the council just kept upping the cost. And as we would only ever hold one 'big meeting' a year in there, the rest of the time, it was just a BIG drain.

Just for reference, out of the entries, only 8 of them are club members of COBRA.
Old 12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by _sleigh_ View Post
That's understandable, and unfortunately it's a two edged sword. As with the smaller hall there's no risk of being out of pocket, but potentially losing out on ££££'s from the higher number of entries (anything upwards of £100 at least)

Yep double edged sword but we've been on both sides.....
We previously had the largest and most expensive indoor venue, which wasnt viable as a one off for this event as they wouldnt open the hours required to allow a full days racing including setup or allow us access the day before for the price ho hum - people moaned about that venue aswell but there we go

2wd : AE - B6D
4wd :

Old 12-01-2012

Angry

No disrespect to anyone

But my view is my view , for a club to hold an event it should be able to hold it

Clearly , size hear is a factor
And as a result many people have lost out

As a club , you'd do everything to bring the best to anyone.

If this cap remains , it will have a negative and adverse opinion on wrca and cobra sorry

Bad experiences stick out over good ones

This will stick and people will remeber that as members we have been failed again
Old 12-01-2012

Quote:
Yep double edged sword but we've been on both sides.....
We previously had the largest and most expensive indoor venue, which wasnt viable as a one off for this event as they wouldnt open the hours required to allow a full days racing including setup or allow us access the day before for the price ho hum - people moaned about that venue aswell but there we go

That venue only ever once had a buggy track laid out on it! (well a bit of a buggy track) So no one will ever know if it was financially viable.

Lovin the humour from the guys who are BOOKED IN..
Old 12-01-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Owens BOOKED IN (for now lol).

Dan, Cap remains currently, until we can get into the venue on Sunday and take more measurements, I can't see it changing unless we have a brainwave, I am sure people won't want to pit out on the patio.

Dave, if you are that convinced that you can make £220 a day in entries at The Star Centre, we are more than willing to give you their contact details.
Old 12-01-2012

Post Closing statement from Cobra

For those that missed the post earlier to summerise:

On Sunday we will be seeing if we can hold anymore people, if we can those who stayed on the reserve list will be notified and entered to the event within due course.Also an update will be posted on here

Thanks

2wd : AE - B6D
4wd :

Old 12-01-2012

To be fair to cobra. I know all about costs and hall prices. And running at a loss is silly business.
But that's not the point here. Being able to run a round of the reginal that cant accommodate the members is just stupid.

As Steve c said. This round is being run. Then if it does there should be no scoring points allowed.

Currently if all the micro drivers who should be attending book in as there is a week left to book in. That will be the biggest class.

We need a decision from the wrca. I would rather see cobra run this round but at a proper venue that can hold this event.
On that note. I will offer you swansea and its track equipment. The hall costs £62.50 and bring your timing and tape.
May not be what you want. But you keep the money and everyone can race.