Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > WRCA

Old 02-01-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Thanks Jamie, will update the table with the missing micro drivers!
Just to clarify that points can be scored by anyone racing in this series, it's not restricted to members of welsh clubs.
Old 02-01-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peetbee View Post
Thanks Jamie, will update the table with the missing micro drivers!
Just to clarify that points can be scored by anyone racing in this series, it's not restricted to members of welsh clubs.
Ok, so whats the reason we all pay WRCA membership each year to our club for? I always thought this was to allow eligability to score in the WRCA series?
Old 02-01-2012

SCRAP THE WRCA its a bloody embarrassement
Steve Morgan.

Trader feedback...
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71837
Old 02-01-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Wow, thanks for your ringing endorsement there Steve, nice to be appreciated
Having only joined the WRCA committee at the last AGM, I am happy to receive constructive criticism so that I can work to improve the WRCA for all racers.

The only funds that the WRCA receives from clubs is £1 per full price entrant into a WRCA 'sanctioned' event - this money is then used to purchase end of season trophies, website fees
(NB: the WRCA had been waiting on this money from the clubs before purchases of trophies could be made, in one club's case it had dated back to 2010, I understand that they have all now paid and trophies have been ordered)

Are we as a region really looking to say to people, feel free to come and race with us and support our series in terms of entrants, but you aren't welcome to score points?
If you really want to discuss this further please PM me with your number and I'll happily give you a call to have a chat about it (& no I won't be reimbursed by the WRCA)
Old 03-01-2012

By all meens p.m on route Pete

Trader feedback...
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71837
Old 03-01-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

As I understand it, clubs haven't paid WRCA fee's for years and, as Pete has said, a Levvy of £1 per person per WRCA sanctioned meeting (and that is a £1 if you do 1 or 10 classes). This is then up to the WRCA how it spends it, which is voted on at the AGM.

When it comes to entrants from other regions, in the summer 10th off-road series, if they are racing in two regions, they must nominate where they are going to obtain their licence from, and thats it.
Old 03-01-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
As I understand it, clubs haven't paid WRCA fee's for years and, as Pete has said, a Levvy of £1 per person per WRCA sanctioned meeting (and that is a £1 if you do 1 or 10 classes). This is then up to the WRCA how it spends it, which is voted on at the AGM.

When it comes to entrants from other regions, in the summer 10th off-road series, if they are racing in two regions, they must nominate where they are going to obtain their licence from, and thats it.
If clubs havent paid it, but yet are charging it, what is the money for then?

I know that isnt a fault of the WRCA, but if in our club membership we pay WRCA membership, surely this is to make us eligable to score points in the WRCA championship.

If you dont belong to the WRCA whether it be direct or via your club, then no you shouldnt score points. If that's the case why should all us racers who belong to Welsh clubs pay our WRCA membership if you can still score without paying it.

I know its only £1-2 a year but its the principal of it.
Old 03-01-2012

erm, you pay per meeting Jamie, not when you join your local club, it has been that way for a few years. No club should be paying an 'affiliation fee' if I remember correctly, affiliation is free, you only pay a fee per driver when you hold a regional.

All I know is, COBRA is fully up to date with it's WRCA fee's.
Old 03-01-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

That's something you need to take up with the club Jamie. It's not the WRCA that are charging it and the WRCA don't receive it either! The WRCA does not charge clubs to be part of the region.

Anyone entering a WRCA 'sanctioned' event pays £1 to the WRCA as part of their entry fee into that event, they are therefore eligible for points. As previously stated this is used to fund the trophies and cover admin costs.

In respect to the summer regionals any BRCA member is entitled to race in any region to obtain a licence grade (provided they do not also score points in another region) so we wouldn't be able to exclude them from the points.

Last edited by peetbee; 03-01-2012 at 11:50 AM. Reason: DCM typed faster than me!
Old 03-01-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Yup Steve is right, as I normally compete in more than one region during the summer, I have to nominate which region I score points in. My understanding is that it is to do with licence gradings and the end of season regional championship
Old 03-01-2012

Unless it changed at the last agm the club pays £20 to join the wrca and then£1 per full paying entrant
Old 03-01-2012

Nope Ian, it changed a few years ago, don't ask me when, I just know it did.
Old 03-01-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I don't know when either, but it was at least 3 years ago
Old 03-01-2012

Oh, I'll have to ask for a refund on behalf of the club as we paid £20 plus £1 per head, the best place to look is on the wrca balance sheet that the treasure brings to the agm
Old 03-01-2012

I remember that being discussed in the club Ian. We paid up!
Old 03-01-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I'll see what I can find out guys. Was it paid at the same time as a race meeting? If so that could explain why nothing was said at the time.
Old 03-01-2012

Money was all paid together at the AGM, there was our club and a few others that gave cheques to paul
Old 03-01-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

2010 agm then? Will look into it Ian
Old 03-01-2012

Not to sure what year, might of even been before.... Pete will find out!
Old 04-01-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Right, have updated the standings with the points from the 'missing' micro final on the WRCA site

Will start looking into the other things now and much like my RC driving, I may not be the fastest out there but I'm persistent and will get there in the end!