Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > WRCA

Closed Thread

Old 29-12-2011

Post Round 3 Cobra - 22 January

As above, entries are open and are via the central booking system on www.wrca.org.uk

There will be teas, coffees, soft drinks as well as Bacon butties, hotdogs, chocolate, crisps and more!

Doors will open at approx 8am with Practice starting at approx 9am. Can't tell you what time we will aim to be finished by as that will depend on entries

There is mains power, but bring an extension lead as you may not be able to pit right next to the socket!
There will be NO pitting in the same hall as the track, the pitting will be in the 2 small meeting rooms and the reception area.

Talking of pitting, please DO NOT bring your own tables and chairs, we have limited space so we will be laying out tables and chairs in advance to ensure space is maximised and disabled access is available

Track should be multi-surface & tyres most commonly used at club are Schumacher yellow mini-pins & mini-spikes.

We are awaiting confirmation if we can run on the polished floor and as soon as i find out i will update this thread.

See you all there

2wd : AE - B6D
4wd :

Old 31-12-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

We've already received some entries, keep 'em coming
Happy new year everyone and see you there
Old 04-01-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

19 entries so far, keep them coming in guys
Old 09-01-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Now that everything is hopefully back to normal after Christmas and New Year's, please keep those entries coming in!

With 10 days to go before online entries close, we have:
15 x 2wd 10th entries
5 x 4wd 10th entries
4 x Micro entries
2 x Truck entries

Don't forget we need a minimum of 6 cars in a class to run it and that late entries will incur a £2 fee!

I'm really looking forward to this and whilst you are entering on www.wrca.org.uk don't forget to enter the micro round at WORM on the 19th February
Old 09-01-2012

I've added 4wd to my original 2wd entry this afternoon. Does this count as 2 spaces on booking form or should I just leave it at 1? Sorry for the daft question, just don't want to take an extra space unnecessarily. Looking forward to it. Cheers, Rich.
Old 09-01-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

No worries Rich, that field is only really used for people booking in more than 1 person rather than number of entries per class
Old 12-01-2012

Post Event Full

Guys we now have a reserve list in operation as we have reached the capacity of racers our venue can safely hold

I'm sure pete or steve curtis will clarify the reserve process for those who were leaving it until last minute to book into the event and let you know if its worth popping down on the day!

Provisional Heats list will follow shortly

4wd :

Old 12-01-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

The way the booking system works is that you can still book in but you will be notified that you are on the waiting list, on screen and via email.

Should spaces become available you will be emailed to confirm that you are now entered - (this may be an email from me or if someone was to cancel their entry on the system it will auto email you confirmation that you are entered). I will then make sure that Steve is kept up to date.

So for this to work smoothly if you want to attend please book in online, if you are no longer attending please delete your entry on the system or at least email wrca.events@hotmail.co.uk
Old 12-01-2012

Are you serious. entrys full.

its only the 12th of jan. There are members of the WRCA that have to put in this round to get the results they need to complete.
I know of around 8 from swansea that have yet to book. Due to not being at our club since mid december as we have been shut and some away events. only this sunday i can address them to tell them to book in.
Old 12-01-2012

Thumbs down Fully booked

If there is a restriction on entrys - would it not of been better to ask if another club could help provide a larger venue?
Old 12-01-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

I shall check entry numbers this evening, when I am home to see how many individuals are booked in, as of 7am today, there were 33 people, some doing two classes. Entries have been on a first come basis and has been open for a few weeks.

COBRA had to change venues due to cost and issue's with the old venue, the new venue is a lot smaller, but also a lot cheaper to hire, due to the limited pitting space, we had to put a cap on entries, I am sure we could fit more in, but we also got to consider health and safety, fire safety and that we are happily accommodating two wheel chair users also.

If you wish to book in, as and when spaces come up, entries will be allocated again on a first come process. Holding the meeting at another venue was looked at but was not practical to do.
Old 12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2FAST4U View Post
If there is a restriction on entrys - would it not of been better to ask if another club could help provide a larger venue?
So going by the above the national series that is fed by this series should have bigger venues every year aswell because they are oversubscribed and operate a reserve list

We have had about 40 entries a similar amount to swansea's first round, the event booking in has been open for over a month so plenty of time for people to book in.
We will look if we can squeeze in anymore people into the pitting areas this sunday but still ensuring adequate disabled access to and from the rostrum. If we cannto fit anymore in people would have to pit outside or in their car which i'm sure you'll agree people would be quick to moan about aswell?!

IF people had booked in advance then we would have seen the need to use a larger venue and this would have been done! As such we had less than 20 drivers only 3 days ago so its all last minute panick by a few drivers now....Sorry but we cant now just change venue for the event!

4wd :

Old 12-01-2012

The fact is. it will damage the championship if this round goes on. For those who get in get the points. So what has been run so far is worth nothing.
This is the last round for the 4wd and 2wd. so for those that get in will be able to change the championship. And in each class has the entry levels been consider'd. ie if 2 micros get booked in. then there will be nice points.

I understand the size of the venue etc. But the WRCA should have know if a club can only hold 35 drivers and we normally get 55 then this cant happen. Im not digging at cobra, just saying the fact that the round is going to cause havoc to those who cant get in. The round should have been held at a venue that can cater for the WRCA.

But on a plus side. im holding the next round in swansea in my bedroom. its capped at 3 drivers, micro only. Sorry axman, the wifes reffing.
you can see where this is going. big can of worms.
Old 12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by big dave View Post
The fact is. it will damage the championship if this round goes on. For those who get in get the points. So what has been run so far is worth nothing.
This is the last round for the 4wd and 2wd. so for those that get in will be able to change the championship. And in each class has the entry levels been consider'd. ie if 2 micros get booked in. then there will be nice points.

I understand the size of the venue etc. But the WRCA should have know if a club can only hold 35 drivers and we normally get 55 then this cant happen. Im not digging at cobra, just saying the fact that the round is going to cause havoc to those who cant get in. The round should have been held at a venue that can cater for the WRCA.

But on a plus side. im holding the next round in swansea in my bedroom. its capped at 3 drivers, micro only. Sorry axman, the wifes reffing.
you can see where this is going. big can of worms.

Lol @ big dave next time in his bedroom sounds good are spectators allowed??

"This is the last round for the 4wd and 2wd. so for those that get in will be able to change the championship. And in each class has the entry levels been consider'd. ie if 2 micros get booked in. then there will be nice points."

As regards 2wd pretty much the top 10 runners have entered we have 22 entries vs 26 for swansea round
I Cant see anybody who hasnt entered being able to affect the outcome due to points that have been scoRed already by the top ten vs the other people who have only done 1 round!!

As regards 4wd there are a number of the top ten missing we have 9 entered vs 15 for swansea round

As regards micro there are 4 of the top ten entered we only have received
6 entries vs 18 for swansea round
Micro's have the chance for another round at worm, and i figured by the low entries most going to this dedicated micro event...

The fact of the matter is if drivers are so very concerned about placing at end of indoor season then like others have done surely they would have supported the series and booked in advance - i would have thought makes sense???

As said earlier post:

IF people had booked in advance then we would have seen the need to use a larger venue and this would have been done! As such we had less than 20 drivers only 3 days ago so its all last minute panick by a few drivers now....Sorry but we cant now just change venue for the event!

For us to book a large hall in the area costs around 250-350 and needs booking advance , with less than 20 people entered upto 3 days ago to financially commit to a venue like this with no income guarenteed by prepayment of entries"just in case loads of people book in late" in anybodys book is not financially sensible for any club to do!

4wd :

Old 12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKOR33 View Post
So going by the above the national series that is fed by this series should have bigger venues every year aswell because they are oversubscribed and operate a reserve list

We have had about 40 entries a similar amount to swansea's first round, the event booking in has been open for over a month so plenty of time for people to book in.
We will look if we can squeeze in anymore people into the pitting areas this sunday but still ensuring adequate disabled access to and from the rostrum. If we cannto fit anymore in people would have to pit outside or in their car which i'm sure you'll agree people would be quick to moan about aswell?!

When you hold a national. You are TOLD how many enties you are to cater for. If you cannot, then you cannot have the meeting. The capped number is normally higher than the avarage that attends the meetings. SO if they avarage 60 drivers you must be able to hold 80 drivers.
So with WRCA avarage being 50, then you must be able to hold 65.
Its not rocket sience
Old 12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKOR33 View Post
Lol @ big dave next time in his bedroom sounds good are spectators allowed??
As regards 2wd pretty much the top 10 runners have entered we have 22 entries vs 26 for swansea round

As regards 4wd there are a number of the top ten missing we have 9 entered vs 15 for swansea round

As regards micro there are 4 of the top ten entered we only have received
6 entries vs 18 for swansea round
Micro's have the chance for another round at worm, and i figured by the low entries most going to this dedicated micro event...

The fact of the matter is if drivers are so very concerned about placing at end of indoor season then like others have done surely they would have supported the series and booked in advance - i would have thought makes sense???

As said earlier post:

For us to book a large hall in the area costs around 250-350 and needs booking advance , with less than 20 people entered upto 3 days ago to financially commit to a venue like this with no income guarenteed by prepayment of entries"just in case loads of people book in late" in anybodys book is not financially sensible for any club to do!

Dont forget you can't run the micro's with 4, as caldicot could not run trucks with the same ammount. Dont want to open any more cans of worms. But if you can see, that if its runs and 4 micros run. then they don't have to worry about the B final. Currently i would say the WRCA should see a C final for micros. as christmas has brought in a lot more. At club we get 3 heats of micros, and we shut for the WRCA, so nearly all our club races at the WRCA. If this goes ahead. then the championship for all classes will be trashed. So where do i get my refund for the WRCA championship
Old 12-01-2012

Da dum.... da dum... Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the WRCA...

Sorry, bit left-field that. Please go on
Old 12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by big dave View Post
Dont forget you can't run the micro's with 4, as caldicot could not run trucks with the same ammount. Dont want to open any more cans of worms. But if you can see, that if its runs and 4 micros run. then they don't have to worry about the B final. Currently i would say the WRCA should see a C final for micros. as christmas has brought in a lot more. At club we get 3 heats of micros, and we shut for the WRCA, so nearly all our club races at the WRCA. If this goes ahead. then the championship for all classes will be trashed. So where do i get my refund for the WRCA championship

Its not trashed read the post lol Its not rocket science like you said before

I Cant see anybody who hasnt entered being able to affect the outcome due to points that have been scoRed already by the top ten vs the other people who have only done 1 round - check out the points table for your self!!!

So please explain how this is trashed

4wd :

Old 12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyna View Post
Da dum.... da dum... Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the WRCA...

Sorry, bit left-field that. Please go on
PMSL Matt nice one no stress on my part

4wd :

Old 12-01-2012

The only fair thing to do is reschedule at a larger venue! Put an end to this thread and move forward. START A POLL..GO WITH MAJORITY! END OF...
For the record Owen IS booked in
Closed Thread