Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > HINCKLEY RCCC

Old 04-09-2015

Default New to touring car rc, (hopefully a new member soon!)

Hi guys,

Just recently moved back to Leicestershire and Hinkley are now my local (used to race 10th scale buggies at Bury)

Just been having a nosy at your race Callander and saw I've missed the last of the buggy racing and you are now going indoors,

Now I have no idea where to start with touring cars (think I fancy that over 12th scale tbh) so some tips would be great,

What cars/chassis do most people run?
Any specific tyre compounds or additives that are essential?

I also see you have club cars, is it worth coming along when I can and just borrowing one before fully committing?

Cheers!
Tristan
Old 05-09-2015

Hi Tristan,

Our indoor season starts next weekend (12th) and would be great to see you pop along for a race or even just an initial meet and greet.

The main classes of racing at HRCCC: GT12/Mardave's are well supported... GT10 started to make a regular appearance towards the end of last season... Touring car classes include 17.5 blinky, 13.5 blinky and Open/Mod. The Open/Mod class will typically consist of any motors from 13.5 boosted to full blown 'how brave are you' motors.

As far as tyres in touring class are concerned the general opinion is that Sorex is the tyre to be on. Most will be using the Sorex 28 with black insert (part number XG-28RK) but 32's work pretty well too. Just stay away from the Sorex tyres with RY as the last 2 digits of the part number as they're designed for outdoor tarmac racing.

Additive is always a drives preference but you cant go far wrong with either LRP or Nosram carpet additive.

Hopefully see you down there next Saturday
Old 06-09-2015

Hi Wacker,

Thanks for the information!
I will be around next Saturday so I will come down and as you say do a meet and greet, probably the best way to see what cars and stuff people are racing.

Thanks!