Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 15-04-2009

Default CAT SX from new shop in UK

Just a question for you guys in the UK, anybody know anything about this shop-- http://www.stormrc.com/schumacher-ca...-kit-240-p.asp

Cheap price, but it's been almost two weeks, and I don't have a car yet. They said they sent it Royal Mail intl, and that it should be delivered this week, but don't have a tracking number for me. Just wondering if anybody knows anything about them. Luckily, it was a paypal transaction.
Old 15-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Never heard of them before, but that is cheap. Might be worth asking this in the NE section of this forum as that is where the shop is located. Also an email to Schumacher to see if they have heard of the shop (as they would have sent them the kit they have sold to you if they are genuine)

I hope you get the kit sorted. If you don't, try www.jespares.com
Old 15-04-2009
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislong View Post
Never heard of them before, but that is cheap.
Not wrong there Chris.....
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 15-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Hopefully they are genuine, a few good signs, such as stuff about finding local clubs, having a full postal address on their website, phone number etc, so fingers crossed for you!
Old 15-04-2009

i came across this site a few days ago and was surprised by the price of the S1's @ £214.99
there address looks to be a residential property and not commercial, maybe they're taking orders before they've got the stock, and are waiting on deliveries themselves, whatevers happened slow/non delivery is a pain in the arse, at least you should be protected by paypal
Old 15-04-2009
Mad Member

The address brings up a Residential street by the looks of things so they may be trading from home ?? on website is says Office 14 ??

Like you say if its paypal you should be protected for no delivery especially if they cant provide tracking / proof of postage.

Sorry to be negative but too many bad people about at the moment

Hope all turns out ok

J_woody beat me to it lmao

Last edited by MikePimlott; 15-04-2009 at 11:20 PM. Reason: J_woody types faster lol
Old 15-04-2009

Just a quick point.. as woody says they maybe taking orders before submitting there order to Schumacher..

Schumacher are currently out of stock on the Standard Lipo and the S1 Lipo Kits so that could be the hold up.

Fingers crossed for ya.

Panch
Old 15-04-2009

Thanks for the help, everyone! Well, they did say delivery this week, so I shall wait, see, and report back. If it does, it will have only been 2 weeks, which wouldn't be bad shipping to the US, that's for sure. Crosses fingers...

20 years removed from this sport, and I'm chomping at the bit getting up and running, and shaking the rust off my driving. Have the SP LFP 2.0, SP 6.5 motor, Core LiPO, and Futaba gear already waiting to go in!
Old 15-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by panch View Post
Just a quick point.. as woody says they maybe taking orders before submitting there order to Schumacher..

Schumacher are currently out of stock on the Standard Lipo and the S1 Lipo Kits so that could be the hold up.

Fingers crossed for ya.

Panch
They supposedly shipped last Thursday... the email I got was an autoresponse type email, saying dispatched... we shall see.
Old 16-04-2009
Mad Member

If im right in saying, for attention to models shops.
Some distributors are now supplying to ppl who just sell online.
They dont have to own shop or anything like that......

I know Mirage was looking to do this in the past so perhaps other dist have been doing it too.

I know of shops who sell other things, but aint actual model shop.

They have account with certain dist, sell online or through the shop as just ikle etc cash in thier wallet.

If some of the model shops who are always competing online do site thier on the web searching see who are cheaper than them & drop the price by few pence, just to try beat them.
This is when you get price wars etc etc.................

This guy is probably new & doenst have first idea what he is doing.
But if the parcel has been sent recorded it can take up to 14working days, it has been bank holiday too.
If i was you buddy, take it through paypal mate.
You will hopefully get better response that way

Good Luck buddy
Old 16-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlin View Post
If im right in saying, for attention to models shops.
Some distributors are now supplying to ppl who just sell online.
They dont have to own shop or anything like that......

I know Mirage was looking to do this in the past so perhaps other dist have been doing it too.

I know of shops who sell other things, but aint actual model shop.

They have account with certain dist, sell online or through the shop as just ikle etc cash in thier wallet.

If some of the model shops who are always competing online do site thier on the web searching see who are cheaper than them & drop the price by few pence, just to try beat them.
This is when you get price wars etc etc.................

This guy is probably new & doenst have first idea what he is doing.
But if the parcel has been sent recorded it can take up to 14working days, it has been bank holiday too.
If i was you buddy, take it through paypal mate.
You will hopefully get better response that way

Good Luck buddy
Thanks for the advice. The shop advises "delivery any day now" as of today. Famous last words... but they have been decent about getting back to me so far, so I will wait until Monday. After which, I will ask for a tracking number, proof of delivery, proof that the CAT was ever even shipped, or a refund.
Old 16-04-2009

I have the same problem. Ordered this car: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=220384326674
From a shop called Selections Hardware and Model Shop.
I received a mail at 30.03.09 that it was dispatched.
But have not received anything yet.
Let's just hope it is the easter that is slowing things down!
I live in Norway, so i guess it would take at least 10 days
no matter what time of year.
Old 16-04-2009

Selections has a lot of positive feedback, so I'm think you're ok.
Old 16-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugaard View Post
I have the same problem. Ordered this car: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=220384326674
From a shop called Selections Hardware and Model Shop.
I received a mail at 30.03.09 that it was dispatched.
But have not received anything yet.
Let's just hope it is the easter that is slowing things down!
I live in Norway, so i guess it would take at least 10 days
no matter what time of year.

Used that shop loads of times mate always no problems, i get them the next day
Old 16-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice-nine View Post
Selections has a lot of positive feedback, so I'm think you're ok.
To be fair they do have alot of pos feedback, but I bought two touring body shells of them earlier this year and they took over three weeks to arrive...A friend who also ordered one cancelled after nearly a month..

I think just keep chasing them and if no luck soon, ask ebay to get involved and paypal and im sure that it will turn up.
Old 16-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by panch View Post
To be fair they do have alot of pos feedback, but I bought two touring body shells of them earlier this year and they took over three weeks to arrive...A friend who also ordered one cancelled after nearly a month..

I think just keep chasing them and if no luck soon, ask ebay to get involved and paypal and im sure that it will turn up.
Well, all the positive feedback in the world doesn't make up for personal experience-- and 3 weeks is pretty slow! A little trend that I'm seeing that I don't like-- ebay auctions where they don't actually have the item in stock, they have it drop shipped from the manufacturer. Especially if the item is on backorder/has high demand, it's not a good way to do business.
Old 17-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice-nine View Post
Well, all the positive feedback in the world doesn't make up for personal experience-- and 3 weeks is pretty slow! A little trend that I'm seeing that I don't like-- ebay auctions where they don't actually have the item in stock, they have it drop shipped from the manufacturer. Especially if the item is on backorder/has high demand, it's not a good way to do business.
Let's hope easter is the reason for this.. Just checked my mailbox, and no car! Like I said, I got a mail from them saying that the car was dispatched on 30.03. But then again, that mail was from Selections, not Royal mail. I'll let you know when I get mine!
Old 22-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugaard View Post
Let's hope easter is the reason for this.. Just checked my mailbox, and no car! Like I said, I got a mail from them saying that the car was dispatched on 30.03. But then again, that mail was from Selections, not Royal mail. I'll let you know when I get mine!
Any luck with your CAT? Apparently, mine was lost in shipping, and I should get a refund "in the next few days." We'll see, already opened a dispute with Paypal, just to be sure.

Last edited by ice-nine; 22-04-2009 at 11:00 PM. Reason: sp
Old 23-04-2009

Seems like the same was the deal with mine. But yesterday Parcelforce seemed to find out that my car is at my local post office. The problem is that some guy down there did not register it like he should. So that I never got any message about its arrival. By the time they found out yesterday, the office was closed. So I will go down there soon, and see if they can find my car. Will keep you posted!
Old 23-04-2009

I finally got my car now! The retards down at the post office had a hard time to find it, but after 30min, they did. The problem was that one of the guys down there did not register the car when it came to the office. So that I never got any note that it had arrived, and they did not know where it was. It was just somwhere down there! Impressive.. Hope you will get yours soon, or your cash back. Never underestimate the "retardness" of the guys working in the mail system. This is not my first time with problems caused by people who don't do their job in the post system. Wish you the best of luck!