Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Titchfield Off Road Club Hants

Old 09-03-2014

Default Fun Days Racing :)

Thanks for another fun day at Torch big thanks to Phil ( correct me if I got it wrong) for helping me out with tips on losing grip on the back end (giggity).

Was struggling with tyre selection, as limited to whites or greens. First time in the dry, think my car had the most marshal time as I struggled with this ( so thanks to the 4wd drivers for the help).

The final, I found very enjoyable, kept it clean for the most part , letting the rest of the field dismantle each other and putting me up to third for a few laps, alas it wasn't meant to be, and I started making mistakes as the pack started to overtake again.

I'm really interested to see the results, I'm hoping I got into the 9 lap bracket on the final, fingers crossed

Also big thanks to Magoo for the awesome shell, in itself is going to shave a few seconds off my times
Old 10-03-2014
Mad Member

What a difference a bit of sunshine can make..

Really enjoyed yesterday despite not being able to drive cleanly for 5 minutes in any of my qualifying runs - the cars definitely seemed a lot quicker in the dry. Final was better as a few of the faster guys got caught up with each other and let me take 3rd from 9th on grid

I actually have a slight sunburn on my face this morning - must be my sensitive strawberry blond complexion.....

Rob
Yokomo YZ4 SF2
Old 10-03-2014
Mad Member

As said above a really good meeting , and bloody hell wasn't it grippy !!

Was pretty pleased with my car , altho i think i need a wheelie bar ( think dan needs one too ), couldn't seem to get the slipper right either too loose or too tight!! , certainly didn't like it lifting half way down the straight ..

but theyre was some nice clean and close racing yesturday
Old 10-03-2014

It was great even if it was like running on sandpaper, sanded off the spikes on two sets of rears but was worth it.
Old 10-03-2014
Spends too long on oOple ...

I think I can't believe it's my first meeting of 2014 at TORCH and yup super fun.

Found it very hard work though, but enjoyable. Sorry if I wasn't overly social as had a sod of a headache too, but good to be out.

Ran KF in practice, lovely car, perhaps shoud have run that for the day.

Got things to "try" and work out on the K1 for next time. With the grip coming up, boy the car also has some pace now 6.5 VST2, smooth but quick! May check out the new Hobby Wing motors 7.5 for next time.
Old 10-03-2014

Shaun I think your wheelie problems are caused by the Spinal Tap speedo settings you run.

Was a good day, nice to get some proper dry running in this year. Some set up work to do on the Aero with the rear shocks but looking very good.
Old 10-03-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger5 View Post
Shaun I think your wheelie problems are caused by the Spinal Tap speedo settings you run.

Was a good day, nice to get some proper dry running in this year. Some set up work to do on the Aero with the rear shocks but looking very good.
yeah possibly rich , had the punch down to no.1 , and the full throttle down to 0.5, but it still done it , but forbsey had a go with the settings after the meeting , but the tyres were knackered by then !! soo shall see what its like sunday .. its on lesser/ calmer setting now as to what it was in the xb4 , but it feels soo much more responsive ..

your aero looked good tho , cheers shaun
Old 10-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbin View Post
It was great even if it was like running on sandpaper, sanded off the spikes on two sets of rears but was worth it.
I tried running all sorts during the day to save burning through the yellows, but none of it worked and I got totally frustrated. Still had a better run in the last round, once on the right tyres and should have won the b but for some daft driving as usual. Still, proud that Tom showed some good speed in the a final and made his way up from 10 to 5th and Alex led his final before breaking down. It's great to see more juniors turning up and making a race of it every week! All good fun, hope the weather holds for the next one!