Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Mid West

Old 13-05-2011

Send a message via MSN to Ben Turner
Default Ledbury Regional - 4wd Rnd 2

Looking forward to this Sunday! Any club members care to shed light on whether its going to be run on the astro track or are they laying a track on the grass? Hope it will be on the sstro, the track looks awesome now! I will be about on the Saturday if you need a hand setting up etc.

Cheers,
Ben
Old 13-05-2011

duplicate post
Old 13-05-2011

Hi Ben

the 4wd is going to be run on the grass track (subject to weather) and the 2wd is planned for the astro track

Hope that helps

PM Nathan Powney on here, im sure anyone willing to assist in the setup and grass cutting etc would be welcomed
Old 13-05-2011

Default dBoots

Hi all!

I shall be bringing some dBoot tyres with me to sell on Sunday as these are allowed to be run at this meeting. If anybody would like to buy some come and see me. I'll be pitting next to a silver ford focus.

See you there.

James Ambrose
Old 13-05-2011
Mad Member

Will there be food?

N
Old 14-05-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to markwilliamson2001

Normally the gun club butty bar is open, a short walk away serving hot food, although i am hoping someone can confirm this. There isnt a macdonalds for around 12 miles or so, so no nipping out for a quick take out!
Old 14-05-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Was talking to Nathan in the week and he said definitely the grass track unless it is pouring down.
Old 14-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwilliamson2001 View Post
Normally the gun club butty bar is open, a short walk away serving hot food, although i am hoping someone can confirm this. There isnt a macdonalds for around 12 miles or so, so no nipping out for a quick take out!
Can anyone confirm this? Availability not Mark's facts...
Old 14-05-2011
Mad Member

The town centre is only a few minutes away though, and has a spar, tesco, co-op and a few pubs, and a chip shop, indian take away :-)
Every time i have been to ledbury, the gun club butty wagon has been open, and they do a cheap cuppa, and hot food. I would bring your own food if you dont want to risk anything. I can give directions to anyone who wants to go i to ledbury, as I live there. Hope this helps anyone.
Old 14-05-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Ok, not booked in or anything, but if I decided to come down in the morning to race when's the latest I'd be able to turn up? Given I don't get practice anyway etc??
Old 14-05-2011
Mad Member

I would say try and get there before 9am at the very latest, but it wouldnt hurt to be there earlier to let stuart whyman know, as he is running race control.
Old 14-05-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Thanks for letting me know, probably won't make it but good to know just in case!
Old 16-05-2011

Send a message via MSN to Pownabown

Many Thanks to all who attended the Ledbury 4wd regional.

It was a fantastic day and some very close racing, hope you all enjoyed yourselves.
Dont forget we have the 2wd regional next month using our astroturf track so would be good to see the same numbers next time

Thanks Nathan
Old 16-05-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Big G Send a message via Skype™ to Big G

+1 Great day for me personally.

Really enjoyed the track and the weather wasn't too cruel
Old 16-05-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I heard some mutterings about the track but to be honest thought it worked well.

I love the grass there, bumpy, rutty and plenty of "features" make it a challenge and it was good to see even the best-of-the-best making errors!

I still have my reservations of the shape of the double jump as I have said to you before but the way you included it made it possible to single-single for those of us big girls blouses that don't like jumping much so fair play.

Over all only thing I would ask you to change is to STOP BOOKING RAIN FOR EVERY MEETING!!!

Old 16-05-2011
Mad Member

I really liked the grass track, would love to use that one with the 2wd class to be honest, although I have been practicing on the astro with my 2wd a lot more of late (seems I will need it!)

Gutted my wing came off in rd 4, otherwise I might have made the B :-(

See everyone at the next one.
Old 16-05-2011
Mad Member

I have to disagree, i thought the track was poor.
The bomb hole was a joke it looked like it had just had a 2 day meeting run through it, the doubles were as random as you can get, and the straight was a joke, i hit a bump halfway down it and the only thing that stoped my car form going into the next field was the catch fencing some 40 yards away.

Now i'm all for offroad, and i belive the club did the best with what they have, but for me it falls short of all of the other tracks in the mid-west region.

After watching Toms car in the last leg, I know he won it, but i can't remember the last time i saw him make 4-5 errors in a meeting let alone in 1 run.

I'm sorry if this post offends some people but after reflection of the day this is how i felt, that it was a waste of my time, money and fuel.

http://www.screwz4rc.co.uk

Old 16-05-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Big G Send a message via Skype™ to Big G

I really liked the track. All comments below as my personal experience.

I can't understand the comment "random bump" none of these bumps appear mid-day and disappear later on. They're always there never moving...

The rut on the straight that caught so many people out. If you hit it at 40mph then naturally your car will end up like Brian said in a catch fench 40 yards away. If you took a line further away from you and came off the power into the chicane it wasn't a problem and the small kickup could be controlled.

The double was a pain at the start of the day. If I took it straight on I crashed most times either landing without enough space to let the car settle. Once I started taking it slightly angled away from the rostrum I was landing partly into the next corner leaving more room to drive away.

The bomb hole was rutty and dusty for sure. The little bump before it made things even more interesting, but I reduced my speed into it and half throttle through the dust kept the car from spinning out and no crashes happened. It was a technical area so couldn't just dive in full throttle hoping for the best.

I also watched Tom's car in the 3rd Leg. I'm 99% sure 1 his errors was a little grip roll coming on the straight. Might be wrong though.
Old 16-05-2011

I fell foul of the rutt on the straight too, it's not like I didn't know it was there, So it was my mistake.. It was also quite spectacular, albeit a little disappointing that I never made it to the catch fence in one piece (as was the case for a few racers). With regards to the bomb hole, I thought it was great, and not a problem with it all day. The double was my biggest problem on the track as I couldn't get it right, but it was the same for all. All in, a good meeting. When do we race at tyremans track? I assume it's perfect given his comments.
Old 16-05-2011

Had a cracking day at Ledbury yesterday and ok I may be a little biased but to be fair Nathan built the track from scratch on his own this year and I think he did a cracking job. Cheers Mate

I didnt like the double in round one but once id stood and watched how Tom/Bish/Nath etc were all just punching over it and pretty much landing everytime I changed my approach and you know what, it worked

The bombhole was a dust bowl and always has been once the top layer of grass is chewed through, but it adds to the fun IMO and I dont recall any major incident in there all day in any heat, if you hit the corner then thats poor driving, its not supposed to be a high speed area, as Big G pointed out it is a technical section and does require less speed and more concentration...

The bump on the straight I had no problem with all day, I hit it, I missed it, I drove around it and never once got kicked up, again it was there at practice it was there for drivers to look at and assess during/after drivers brief so you could pick your line.

Remember guys this is "Off Road" racing and not every track should be a smooth carpet of astro, how boring would that be..??

Brian, You are right in your comments that its rare to see Tom make mistakes, but that's the great thing surely, the track makes for a slightly more level playing field (granted not for me) but for others to challenge his brilliant dominance

I hope it wont deter Brian or anyone else from racing on a proper grass track again whether its Ledbury or anywhere else.

Thanks to Nathan & Ray for the effort they went to, see you soon guys