Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 07-08-2011
Mad Member

Default Now Running X - 7 Gen 5.1 Prototype

All you photo freaks check our FaceBook page for pix Saturday Aug 6 of Paul running the Gen 5.1 at Summit R/C in Fort Wayne, Ind.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/X-Fact...87542711292903

5 new action shots, one of some unusual action in the pits, and -- hope you are smiling with us -- a body-off shot of Paul working on the car in the pit.

Rain-shortened program had just 1 qualifier and the main. Paul won the qualy when the other car (Only 2 in class) broke. Paul hit a couple of pipes in the main and finished second. The good news is the car's speed.

Paul set fastest lap in the qualifier and again in the main where he was 2 tenths ahead of the winners' best. The really good news is that the 4WD is much faster than the buggy, just as it should be, and of course Paul's X - 6 Squared is not slow.

Normally a driver's 4WD is 1/2 to 1 second faster than his buggy depending on the track. In buggy they had 2 qualys and the main, and, while he didn't TQ or win, Paul had fastest lap in qualy and also fastest lap in the main. His fast qualy lap with the X - 7 was about a second faster than the buggy lap, and in the main the Hero Lap was 1.4 sec quicker than the buggy.

So the X - 7 is fast out of the box, and we are ready to begin working on the set-up. How fast can it go?

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC
Old 07-08-2011

Hi Chazz.
Why not start showing inside pictures of the car to get the hype going for real? Just talking about it does not impress me anyway? People love to speculate and comment on new cars. Take myself for an example. Am in the market for a new 4wd but I am choosing between cat sx3, Durango and Tamiya 511. Not seen any x-7 pics so I do not consider it yet but I could change my mind

Cheers
Alex H
Old 07-08-2011
Mad Member

All in good time, West. The Gen 5.1 is very close to a production car in many areas -- a few tweaks left and set-ups to develop -- and when it's ready, you'll get the full magilla. Paul will be running his today in public at E & N in Columbus and leaves Tuesday for the R.O.A.R. Nationals in Cali. Of course that's a public venue too.

We have been giving you performance data, and will continue doing so. It really doesn't matter what the car looks like -- we could use a rubber band for a driveline -- so long as you can win with it.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
Old 07-08-2011

So... when will Ellis run his?
Old 07-08-2011

I believe he already has....

X4TE
X2C
Old 07-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4nut View Post
Maybe, maybe not. But I really meant races, with pics and stuff
Old 07-08-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4nut View Post
briefly and sounding like a bag of spanners from what i saw?!!

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 07-08-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungChazz View Post
It really doesn't matter what the car looks like -- we could use a rubber band for a driveline -- so long as you can win with it.
I'm looking forward to seeing the car, just like everyone else, but it does matter how it looks. Rc racers love great engineering and that's what many people buy, look at Durango, or the Vega, or the quality Atomic Carbon conversions.

I really hope the new car has that professional finish to it, and is not powered by rubber bands

Custom Painted Bodyshells by me ! www.shillyshells.co.uk

http://www.shillyshells.co.uk
Old 08-08-2011
Mad Member

We tried rubber bands, and, no matter how tightly we wound them, we only got about 3 1/2 minutes run time. So it's back to electric...

Ellis has gear cases from the original Gen 1 car seen at Cactus. We had them made at an outside shop and they did a terrible job. Paul's Gen 5.1 gear cases are made in-house and are far superior. The Gen 1 cases actually have the diff in them cocked to one side, so the left outdrive is higher than the right!

The noise heard at E.P.R. Sunday was the diff gear slowly disintegrating. When it finally destructoed, E stopped running the car and went to his Kyo & Tamiya cars to win the race.

Ellis and Paul are both very happy with the way the car handles, and it has plenty of speed.

Paul and I got back from running in Columbus around 9:30PM Sunday night, and we are making new 5.1 gear cases now -- at 1AM -- for Ellis. Will air ship them to him Monday. This is part of the dedication and expense of developing a new car. We're having fun!

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
Old 08-08-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungChazz View Post
We're having fun!