Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 07-08-2011
Mad Member

Default Now Running X - 7 Gen 5.1 Prototype

All you photo freaks check our FaceBook page for pix Saturday Aug 6 of Paul running the Gen 5.1 at Summit R/C in Fort Wayne, Ind.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/X-Fact...87542711292903

5 new action shots, one of some unusual action in the pits, and -- hope you are smiling with us -- a body-off shot of Paul working on the car in the pit.

Rain-shortened program had just 1 qualifier and the main. Paul won the qualy when the other car (Only 2 in class) broke. Paul hit a couple of pipes in the main and finished second. The good news is the car's speed.

Paul set fastest lap in the qualifier and again in the main where he was 2 tenths ahead of the winners' best. The really good news is that the 4WD is much faster than the buggy, just as it should be, and of course Paul's X - 6 Squared is not slow.

Normally a driver's 4WD is 1/2 to 1 second faster than his buggy depending on the track. In buggy they had 2 qualys and the main, and, while he didn't TQ or win, Paul had fastest lap in qualy and also fastest lap in the main. His fast qualy lap with the X - 7 was about a second faster than the buggy lap, and in the main the Hero Lap was 1.4 sec quicker than the buggy.

So the X - 7 is fast out of the box, and we are ready to begin working on the set-up. How fast can it go?

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC
Old 07-08-2011

Hi Chazz.
Why not start showing inside pictures of the car to get the hype going for real? Just talking about it does not impress me anyway? People love to speculate and comment on new cars. Take myself for an example. Am in the market for a new 4wd but I am choosing between cat sx3, Durango and Tamiya 511. Not seen any x-7 pics so I do not consider it yet but I could change my mind

Cheers
Alex H
Old 07-08-2011
Mad Member

All in good time, West. The Gen 5.1 is very close to a production car in many areas -- a few tweaks left and set-ups to develop -- and when it's ready, you'll get the full magilla. Paul will be running his today in public at E & N in Columbus and leaves Tuesday for the R.O.A.R. Nationals in Cali. Of course that's a public venue too.

We have been giving you performance data, and will continue doing so. It really doesn't matter what the car looks like -- we could use a rubber band for a driveline -- so long as you can win with it.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
Old 07-08-2011

So... when will Ellis run his?
Old 07-08-2011

I believe he already has....

X4TE
X2C
Old 07-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4nut View Post
Maybe, maybe not. But I really meant races, with pics and stuff
Old 07-08-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4nut View Post
briefly and sounding like a bag of spanners from what i saw?!!

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 07-08-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungChazz View Post
It really doesn't matter what the car looks like -- we could use a rubber band for a driveline -- so long as you can win with it.
I'm looking forward to seeing the car, just like everyone else, but it does matter how it looks. Rc racers love great engineering and that's what many people buy, look at Durango, or the Vega, or the quality Atomic Carbon conversions.

I really hope the new car has that professional finish to it, and is not powered by rubber bands

Custom Painted Bodyshells by me ! www.shillyshells.co.uk

http://www.shillyshells.co.uk
Old 08-08-2011
Mad Member

We tried rubber bands, and, no matter how tightly we wound them, we only got about 3 1/2 minutes run time. So it's back to electric...

Ellis has gear cases from the original Gen 1 car seen at Cactus. We had them made at an outside shop and they did a terrible job. Paul's Gen 5.1 gear cases are made in-house and are far superior. The Gen 1 cases actually have the diff in them cocked to one side, so the left outdrive is higher than the right!

The noise heard at E.P.R. Sunday was the diff gear slowly disintegrating. When it finally destructoed, E stopped running the car and went to his Kyo & Tamiya cars to win the race.

Ellis and Paul are both very happy with the way the car handles, and it has plenty of speed.

Paul and I got back from running in Columbus around 9:30PM Sunday night, and we are making new 5.1 gear cases now -- at 1AM -- for Ellis. Will air ship them to him Monday. This is part of the dedication and expense of developing a new car. We're having fun!

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
Old 08-08-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungChazz View Post
We're having fun!
Old 08-08-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Southwell

The car looked really good, and right on the pace from the work go, really composed and looks to have a lot of potential. To be banging in the same lap times with a clicking gear and an 'out of the box' setup is really impressive.
Old 08-08-2011
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwell View Post
The car looked really good, and right on the pace from the work go, really composed and looks to have a lot of potential. To be banging in the same lap times with a clicking gear and an 'out of the box' setup is really impressive.
Thanks Ian, I was tempted to type that when I read the negatives above, but felt it would be better coming from someonce who was independent of us and who was actually there to see it (like you).

Yes we had "clicking" as described above by Chazz in Ellis car, but we know what it was and it is being recitified as we speak. Glad to hear the car "even with" a clicking tranmission was still right up there on the pace.......
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 08-08-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to markwilliamson2001

Just so long as it rides the bumps like a xx4 is all I am interested in. Looking forward to seeing the final product, hope the price wont be too high, and on par with other brands
Old 08-08-2011
Banned

i can say the car was very impressive at epr
for its 1st ever outing very very good

trekkker
Old 12-08-2011
Mad Member

Paul did an interview today with Jason of RCInsider.com, and they took vids of the X - 7 running in practice. I think those vids are going up tonight or tomorrow, so check it out. www.rcinsider.com

Our latest press release, about testing last weekend, is up there too.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
Old 15-08-2011
Mad Member

http://rcinsider.com has posted an interview with Paul from last weekend's ROAR Nats. Under that Jeremy has re-posted the video he took of the old Gen 1 car at Cactus. In the Paul interview is a lap of the X - 7, and you can see that the problems from Cactus have been fixed and the Gen 5.1 car is quite a bit faster than the Cactus car.

Also at RCInsider are pix of the new SCX - 60CF. Please drool...

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
Old 16-08-2011

sc: ok a lower and upper carbon deck, why didn't i came up with that?

naa never can make that, great job

BZB: The shortest name in rc..

BZB "i just can't, i just can't, i just can't control my feet" 2012 tour!!:

BZB4Holland

BZB4Belgium
Old 16-08-2011
Mad Member

So in the pics i think i see:
a lipo tray, so saddle lipos
looks like gearboxes front and rear and have a diff gear and layshaft gear for the external pulley.
Possible double belt and motor mounted like X5/511 orientation (look at the wires throught he window).

Come on Chazz, whip its lid of and show us some pictures
Old 17-08-2011

Default X7

i too believe the car runs a twin belt drivetrain lay shaft to idler to diff !!!
with the motor in the very center of the car .....it also may have some gears on the spur area to make it rotate the same way????? saddle packs......?? it also may have a splitter diff setup also to change the drive front to rear!!
as for the pics ......Chazz and Paul have said it before the car runs some new ideas that have never been seen on a 4wd! SO why give a way secrets!!!!

i think this car will be a rocket and as soon as Chazz wants to take pre-orders put me down for 2 or 3 kits!!!!!!!!!

I do have one question ......on the pics ive seen of the roar model car the front drive shafts have a metal sleeve in the middle.....is this because you joined 2 shafts together Chazz ? or r u running one-way rollers in there!
i think its the first as the bearings must be tiny!......
after watching the roar video i want one NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg x73.jpg (49.7 KB, 322 views)
Old 17-08-2011

I'm thinking its a 3 belt design like the sx3, which I have a feeling the x7 and the sx3 might be similar, only time will tell, but will it or the losi 22sct be out first...